Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    freedompeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    3,035
    Reputation
    340
    Thanks
    2,784
    My Mood
    Sad

    In the case that...

    I wanted to release a server-dependent hack (perhaps a streaming hack), then who do I get approval from? (I remember reading somewhere that it was disallowed unless you have permission)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to freedompeace For This Useful Post:

    420Stoner420 (09-05-2010)

  3. #2
    GodHack2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    645
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    762
    My Mood
    Amused
    u mean that u can remote update it right ?
    that is not allowed





    beat this bitches ^^^^^^^

    Current Stats : Bored :/


    Respect list :
    Crash !
    Gordon'
    Markoj

  4. #3
    freedompeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    3,035
    Reputation
    340
    Thanks
    2,784
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by GodHack2 View Post
    u mean that u can remote update it right ?
    that is not allowed
    Maybe. I remember reading from somewhere that you can get permission from someone.

    Even if I don't include the remote update (aww, bad for user experience), then am I allowed to add a server-controlled feature into the hack? (example, simple chat, friend statistics exchange (KDR, time hacking) or push notifications server)

  5. #4
    topblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Posts
    3,607
    Reputation
    149
    Thanks
    4,922
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
    Maybe. I remember reading from somewhere that you can get permission from someone.

    Even if I don't include the remote update (aww, bad for user experience), then am I allowed to add a server-controlled feature into the hack? (example, simple chat, friend statistics exchange (KDR, time hacking) or push notifications server)
    Depends if it updated stuff in the hacks like ur LTC, addies I think that might be allowed but if the whole dll file is updated then u might got problems


    EDIT IT WILL BE ALLOWED if a minion / mod controls the server of which is it updated from
    I just like programming, that is all.

    Current Stuff:

    • GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

  6. #5
    freedompeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    3,035
    Reputation
    340
    Thanks
    2,784
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by topblast View Post


    Depends if it updated stuff in the hacks like ur LTC, addies I think that might be allowed but if the whole dll file is updated then u might got problems


    EDIT IT WILL BE ALLOWED if a minion / mod controls the server of which is it updated from
    I'd rather not have someone controlling my precious server source files :3

    So there isn't any other way?! O: !

    ima just release it without the autoupdate or on another site or something if so /:

  7. #6
    Gordon`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    325
    Yes. Release it on other sites - I'm sure they will be happy with it. If MPGH doesn't want it, then tough luck.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon` For This Useful Post:

    whit (09-06-2010)

  9. #7
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,221
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,093
    No AutoUpdates
    too risky
    We had a virus leak into the hack release section this week
    had over 500 downloads as far as I know
    i deleted the thread, but then the guy reposted it or somebody un-deleted it.


Similar Threads

  1. The Program that Cares
    By londasgt in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 09:38 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
  3. The post that made history!
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 01:42 AM
  4. The Legacy That <b>IS</b> Grin
    By SadisticGrin in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:12 AM