Thanks

Protecting your AQWorlds account

So recently a lot of people have been scammed and hacked by people using crackers. So, this will be a simple guide on how to protect your account from password crackers and scamming.

Password Crackers
    First of all password crackers generally go for simple passwords such as 12345678 or popular things like religion, anime or sports. Don't do this, have a password with at least 12 characters and a few numbers. An example of a strong password: Chgata12kuronohim82

Scamming

It's pretty obvious how to avoid this one but I've used several methods that still seem to work on the majority of players. Let's get started.

1. This is the most popular method of scamming... The scammer will private message you things like "Hey! I'll upgrade you if you give me your account info!" obviously don't do this. There is little to zero chance he/she will upgrade you.

2. Phishing programs and websites offering membership or ac's are also really popular recently (I wonder why? ) so don't download or go to a website that promises you currency in-game or membership.

3. Hacks, bots and other cheating software. Luckily, you don't have to worry about anything on this forum because there are people who test the files before they are approved but don't download from other websites! When you login it could send it too the person who created the hack, and even though the hack is working they might have your information!

4. Private Servers are versions of AQWorlds with stolen code. So if you login with your information for the normal AQWorlds then it could possibly be sent to the creator of the server. Private servers are generally only up for a few weeks so, spending money or even creating an account is just about worthless and can be dangerous.

Saving your information

If you save your information on a local computer, another person can automatically login and delete your items! So if you are at a library or another public place NEVER save your AQWorlds information.

Hackers

This is something that you can't prevent sadly but hasn't happened yet. One day a black-hat hacker could possibly hack into AQWorlds and steal accounts. Though it seems as AQWorlds is secure now it's always a possibility.

@Nico sticky this, please.
    Last edited by Rance-faga; 03-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

jp06 (03-07-2013),[MPGH]Yuudoku (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    To be honest, I find this hilariously ironic, considering that the people doing the scamming is on this website in this first place.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbang20 View Post
    To be honest, I find this hilariously ironic, considering that the people doing the scamming is on this website in this first place.
    Kudos to you @AboodElshreef

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbang20 View Post
    Ironic, yes. Helpful, yes.

JamesR also helped in creating the cracker and they aren't scamming anybody.. just the people who download the software is.
    Oh and don't forget about that phishing technique with JamesR chat spammer... ah good memories.
    Last edited by Rance-faga; 03-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Ironic, yes. Helpful, yes.

JamesR also helped in creating the cracker and they aren't scamming anybody.. just the people who download the software is.
    Oh and don't forget about that phishing technique with JamesR chat spammer... ah good memories.
    Good info, never knew honestly knew that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I find this funny. A guide like this on a website centered around hacking really is. But Meh, a guide is a guide.

Successful Trades: 1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Very informative and helpful!

To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion since 11/07/16 | Vouches | Sig AD by @Dynasty 11/14 - 12/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by zerobrium View Post
    I don't Scam Anyone
    If i wanted to make auto send hacked accounts to me , i can make it ....
    but I don't hack friends :P
    And i Also Like Helping .... I Could Keep this To My Self
    Last edited by AboodElshreef; 03-06-2013 at 04:14 AM.