Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Character Perma-Deletion?

Well, it's mostly what the title states..

Every time we delete a character, it isn't really permanently deleted. (due to some security reasons)

So, is there a specific waiting time before this character goes perma-delete?

If so, would you please share it with us.

To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion since 11/07/16 | Vouches | Sig AD by @Dynasty 11/14 - 12/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Once a charachter has been deleted he is almost immediately gone, this is because once a user hits delete the characters existence is erased from the MySQL, database, once a charachter is gone from the database there is no way to retrieve him. Basically of evidence of the characters existence is gone. However as I recall, if a user is upgraded it is impossible to delete their account a a precaution. This is also so insecure kids upgrade their accounts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm not too sure on this topic, but when you delete a character, he/she is unable to be played on but the name is still in the database. Meaning, you can't reuse the username. It's pretty bad. They probably have some reason for it, but I don't know it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFrikinAsian View Post
    I'm not too sure on this topic, but when you delete a character, he/she is unable to be played on but the name is still in the database. Meaning, you can't reuse the username. It's pretty bad. They probably have some reason for it, but I don't know it.

This was my thoughts too exactly, since we can't re-use the same username then maybe I thought, it still existed.

Or maybe I'm just digging in too much into it, maybe they do not permit the use of user names of deleted characters?

To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion since 11/07/16 | Vouches | Sig AD by @Dynasty 11/14 - 12/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuudoku View Post
    This was my thoughts too exactly, since we can't re-use the same username then maybe I thought, it still existed.

Or maybe I'm just digging in too much into it, maybe they do not permit the use of user names of deleted characters?
    Knowing ae they probably have a "deleted_users" table in their database. That is the reason you cannot use the name of a deleted char.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LITEKID View Post
    Knowing ae they probably have a "deleted_users" table in their database. That is the reason you cannot use the name of a deleted char.
    Which is understandable, but a tad pointless. Maybe they don't want people posing as other people? Thought I do not understand why they didn't "delete" all of the first day players back during beta. Let people have a chance to grab their usernames again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFrikinAsian View Post
    Which is understandable, but a tad pointless. Maybe they don't want people posing as other people? Thought I do not understand why they didn't "delete" all of the first day players back during beta. Let people have a chance to grab their usernames again.
    Sigh I been with ae since their first game "adventure quest" was in beta. I learned over time they are a tad bit unpredictable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LITEKID View Post
    Sigh I been with ae since their first game "adventure quest" was in beta. I learned over time they are a tad bit unpredictable.
    They seem like just a bunch of friends bumming around. Probably pulling on each others computer power plugs. Pissing each other off. Probably the main reason J6 doesn't move down to the office from Canada.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    i don't if you guys don't play a lot of mmorpg games ( i mean not browser type mmorpg) but this is so common, other mmorpg games don't let you re-create the name you used in that specific character and some others will let you. But the data of that character is erased from the database once it is deleted, that's why when you got hacked in an mmorpg game and the hacker deleted your account this means you're screwed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Didn't someone say that upgraded accounts are protected from deletion?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yeah, they are now. They weren't always non-deletable. It was possible to delete upgraded accounts before the 2009-2010 PTR testing, at least.