Thread: MPGHnet

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 177
  1. #31
    Neekokeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    387
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    361
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My thoughts:

    - A hacker server: Who would want to connect there? People hack because they want to pwn. They won't connect to this server because everyone else is hacking there as well, so they can't win with their hacks. People not hacking will not go there. This imo will fail.

    - A MOD server: This is actually a good idea. People who want to play MODS can go in there; BUT, here's what I think:
    alterIWNET is established, has a large userbase. In order to make this succesful, I would swallow some pride, set aside the differences and try combining forces with alterIWNET staff.
    If you can make this together, you will have a lot more chance of it being a success.
    So there would be one normal alterIWNET server, where mod support is disabled.
    And one alterMODNET or whatever where mod support is enabled.
    This will prevent ppl who don't like mods, to get into Modded servers. And those who want to play mods, will be able to find them easily.

    Good luck with the project!

    Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.





  2. #32
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
    Just set the overlay to the HOME key, so when everyone press HOME for their precious hacks, the friends list pops up... lol.
    hehe ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
    Has anyone actually made maps before
    I made a few for CoD4, but they were far from the quality and perfection of the "pro" ones. The amount of work on the official maps is just sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    all begs for mod function will be deleted, as i said, we first need it to get to work
    Make a project plan so we see where we can help out.

  3. #33
    JamesA1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The dark side
    Posts
    1,703
    Reputation
    271
    Thanks
    529
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I just tested server R14 (On localhost). It worked well.
    I also tested with the version with the steam_api.dll with no AC. That also worked.
    I would now like to test over the net, anyone want to help?

    BTW I didn't get the 1337 players error for either of them. I am hoping that isn't because I am using localhost for my IP.


    Notice the Aero Theme :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
    My thoughts:

    - A hacker server: Who would want to connect there? People hack because they want to pwn. They won't connect to this server because everyone else is hacking there as well, so they can't win with their hacks. People not hacking will not go there. This imo will fail.
    Anyone that doesn't want a temp ban. This is actually a great Idea to minimize hacking ^__^.
    So I think.
    Last edited by JamesA1994; 07-27-2010 at 02:47 AM.
    CoD Minion: Jan 13th 2011 to April 11 2011
    MMORPG Minion Since: March 28th 2011 to April 11 2011

    Don't be afraid to rep, you aren't loosing anything!
    Don't forget your P&Q's. Press the thanks button if someone has helped.
    jamesa1994@hotmail.com

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesA1994 For This Useful Post:

    Archangel (07-27-2010)

  5. #34
    Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Both Worlds
    Posts
    8,868
    Reputation
    1021
    Thanks
    8,868
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
    My thoughts:

    - A hacker server: Who would want to connect there? People hack because they want to pwn. They won't connect to this server because everyone else is hacking there as well, so they can't win with their hacks. People not hacking will not go there. This imo will fail.

    - A MOD server: This is actually a good idea. People who want to play MODS can go in there; BUT, here's what I think:
    alterIWNET is established, has a large userbase. In order to make this succesful, I would swallow some pride, set aside the differences and try combining forces with alterIWNET staff.
    If you can make this together, you will have a lot more chance of it being a success.
    So there would be one normal alterIWNET server, where mod support is disabled.
    And one alterMODNET or whatever where mod support is enabled.
    This will prevent ppl who don't like mods, to get into Modded servers. And those who want to play mods, will be able to find them easily.

    Good luck with the project!
    battle of the hackers = the most fun you can have.
    also a great place to test your new hacks.

    And we are going to needs alteriwnets help to set things up.
    This is a win situation. For us, And for them.
    Since most of the hackers will got to mpghnet, And alteriwnet will be freed from most of its hackers. And hackers who got banned from alteriw will still be able to play on mpghnet.

    ohwell, i'll try to contact max damage

  6. #35
    nesakysiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in my house o_o
    Posts
    638
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    all begs for mod function will be deleted, as i said, we first need it to get to work
    Understood /yea

  7. #36
    Neekokeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    387
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    361
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    battle of the hackers = the most fun you can have.
    also a great place to test your new hacks.
    Maybe, but it won't be very populated I don't think; see next point:

    Since most of the hackers will got to mpghnet,
    No way, as I said. Most people use cheats/hacks, because they either suck at the game and are tired of getting their ass kicked, or because they simply want to pwn.
    When they see that there's nobody to pwn on that server, but only people with the same or maybe even better hacks, they won't return.
    Check the flame and rage section, there's this thread from some ragekid who was losing it because MW2 is infested with cheaters and he can't win anymore with his cheats.. That's how most cheaters are.


    And alteriwnet will be freed from most of its hackers.
    Again, I seriously doubt it.

    And hackers who got banned from alteriw will still be able to play on mpghnet.
    true, that may be a reason for it becoming successful after all.

    Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.





  8. #37
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
    I just tested server R14 (On localhost). It worked well.
    I also tested with the version with the steam_api.dll with no AC. That also worked.
    I would now like to test over the net, anyone want to help?

    BTW I didn't get the 1337 players error for either of them. I am hoping that isn't because I am using localhost for my IP.

    Notice the Aero Theme :P
    Seems I better start downloading again (I'll have everything downloaded by tomorrow, hopefully the idea won't die till then) ... by the way try soft7 for the aero theme

  9. #38
    B4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Real World
    Posts
    6,939
    Reputation
    478
    Thanks
    1,746
    My Mood
    Bored
    @Neekokeen we will see, what you say it's possible..
    But we can't know yet.


    Back in '10



    Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

    Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011

  10. #39
    Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Both Worlds
    Posts
    8,868
    Reputation
    1021
    Thanks
    8,868
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
    Maybe, but it won't be very populated I don't think; see next point:


    No way, as I said. Most people use cheats/hacks, because they either suck at the game and are tired of getting their ass kicked, or because they simply want to pwn.
    When they see that there's nobody to pwn on that server, but only people with the same or maybe even better hacks, they won't return.
    Check the flame and rage section, there's this thread from some ragekid who was losing it because MW2 is infested with cheaters and he can't win anymore with his cheats.. That's how most cheaters are.



    Again, I seriously doubt it.


    true, that may be a reason for it becoming successful after all.
    no offence neko, but you dont know what their anti cheat system is going to be like when fully implented.. that will stop hackers going to alteriwnet.
    Atleast, it will if they dont want their whole pc to get fucked up..


    EDIT: latest update, FLAMESABER is going to work on the chat/friend system.
    Last edited by Archangel; 07-27-2010 at 03:01 AM.

  11. #40
    Neekokeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    387
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    361
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Well if this project can centralise hackers, and allow alterIWNET to become a cheat free experience, it will ofcourse be a victory for everyone.


    Also really hoping the alterMODNET or whatever you'd call it can be created!

    In any case, I wish you the best of luck with this initiative!

    Click on the banners to take a look at my mods.





  12. #41
    JamesA1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The dark side
    Posts
    1,703
    Reputation
    271
    Thanks
    529
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Would it be possible to bring back the in-game console or have a mod console so that the mods can kick/ban cheaters as well as the hosts.

    BTW I still need someone to see if they can connect to my R14 test.
    CoD Minion: Jan 13th 2011 to April 11 2011
    MMORPG Minion Since: March 28th 2011 to April 11 2011

    Don't be afraid to rep, you aren't loosing anything!
    Don't forget your P&Q's. Press the thanks button if someone has helped.
    jamesa1994@hotmail.com

  13. #42
    Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Both Worlds
    Posts
    8,868
    Reputation
    1021
    Thanks
    8,868
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA1994 View Post
    Would it be possible to bring back the in-game console or have a mod console so that the mods can kick/ban cheaters as well as the hosts.

    BTW I still need someone to see if they can connect to my R14 test.
    yes that can be added, but as i stated before, we first need to get the basic to work

  14. #43
    Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Belgium,Oost-Vlaanderen
    Posts
    12,681
    Reputation
    1801
    Thanks
    4,856
    would be nice to have a private server but u should also have some ingame Admins who can directly ban hackers . to reduce hackers .

  15. #44
    Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Both Worlds
    Posts
    8,868
    Reputation
    1021
    Thanks
    8,868
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.RandomSpam View Post
    would be nice to have a private server but u should also have some ingame Admins who can directly ban hackers . to reduce hackers .
    hosts will also be able to kick the hacker from their server, remember that
    After that,they can report him

  16. #45
    akma11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    97
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Amused
    It will be a great private server if you make it

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MPGHnet #1
    By /b/oss in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:56 AM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 02:42 AM
  3. MPGHnet
    By Julma Henri in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 10:17 PM