Thanks

Strict NAT no matter what I do

I have 105mbps down/15 up. I've tried wired and wireless and always have strict NAT. I've enabled uPnP, DMZ, AND port forwarded the ports steam and MW2 use. STILL strict. It takes forever to find games, or just doesn't find any at all. (Here the past 2 days, it's not found a single game, minus like 3 matched players once) Anyone know anything else that could be making this happen?!

Oh and I've even went into my Firewall settings and added the same ports in the inbound rules/properties/ports of both TCP/UDP for steam and mw2 as well... Still frickin' strict.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedCoB View Post
    I have 105mbps down/15 up. I've tried wired and wireless and always have strict NAT. I've enabled uPnP, DMZ, AND port forwarded the ports steam and MW2 use. STILL strict. It takes forever to find games, or just doesn't find any at all. (Here the past 2 days, it's not found a single game, minus like 3 matched players once) Anyone know anything else that could be making this happen?!

Oh and I've even went into my Firewall settings and added the same ports in the inbound rules/properties/ports of both TCP/UDP for steam and mw2 as well... Still frickin' strict.
    Got the same problem as you, weird thing is my laptop has open nat but my main desktop has strict

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GemDG View Post
    Got the same problem as you, weird thing is my laptop has open nat but my main desktop has strict
    It's so frustrating >_< Couldn't even find a game earlier. I put it in windowed mode and just listened to the music, waiting for it to change when I found a game lobby. It never changed and I checked it after like 20 minutes (just trying to find a TDM game) and it was still searching...

I'm out of ideas and can't even play MW2 because of this. If anyone has any new ideas, pleeeeeeeeease share.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedCoB View Post
    It's so frustrating >_< Couldn't even find a game earlier. I put it in windowed mode and just listened to the music, waiting for it to change when I found a game lobby. It never changed and I checked it after like 20 minutes (just trying to find a TDM game) and it was still searching...

I'm out of ideas and can't even play MW2 because of this. If anyone has any new ideas, pleeeeeeeeease share.
    Well I don't know why you can't find any games I just have the strict nat finding games works fine for me. Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GemDG View Post
    Well I don't know why you can't find any games I just have the strict nat finding games works fine for me. Have you tried reinstalling the game?
    I've tried reinstalling the game twice, steam several times, restarting my router, my PC, nothing fking works. I haven't played for 3 days now and have no other good PC games and am too broke to buy any right now until I find a better job. ugh I miss my MW2 stress relief lol.

Edit: My NAT is moderate and sometimes even open on my PS4 when I play black ops 3. Guess I'll just play that instead until someone smarter than me on here knows what to do
    Last edited by DisturbedCoB; 01-09-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Anyone have any ideas? I miss playing mw2.

Thanks
    I had an "Open Nat" for about two rounds once. No fucking clue how I did it or why it is strict now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hi there,

A possible solution to this problem could be with network adapter priority.

This only applies if you have multiple physical or virtual adapters.

Call of duty MW2 only tries to check for open nat trough the adapter with the highest priority and if that happens to be an adapter that is not connected to your router (Like a VMWare adapter for example) the game automatically tells you your nat is closed while it should be open.

You can check and change your adapter priority like this:
    (Windows only)

1. Open your network and sharing centre.
    2. Open the Change Adapter settings window
    3. press the ALT key on your keyboard and on the top of the windows a few buttons should appear.
    4. Press Advanced settings in the advanced drop down menu.
    5. In the window that pops up you can see all adapters that your computer currently knows and can change the priority. Change the priority so that your network adapter that you use to connect to the internet/router is on the top of this list.
    6. Reboot the game and look what the NAT status is now. If it has not changed then Network Adapter priority is not the problem of your closed nat issue.

Keep in mind that this is just one of the many things that COULD be the problem. I hope this helps.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnix84 For This Useful Post:

kakawhalito (05-21-2016),Scoudem (01-31-2016)