Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Question Someone is somehow crashing my game?

I've been using this http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1076327 to kick people who are aimbotting, and somehow someone is crashing my game now. When it happens the console gives me an error saying "Sys_SendPacket: bad address type 33751571"

How is he doing this and is there a way to stop it from happening?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Maybe it's the program you're using that is crashing your game, It is impossible for someone else to crash your game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxzos View Post
    I've been using this http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1076327 to kick people who are aimbotting, and somehow someone is crashing my game now. When it happens the console gives me an error saying "Sys_SendPacket: bad address type 33751571"

How is he doing this and is there a way to stop it from happening?
    I've done some reversing on packet sending functions a while ago and I don't think that it's possible to make Sys_SendPacket fail. There might be a way to send a messed up packet that gets the host to try to send back an invalid response, but I didn't get that to work. But if someone is actually crashing your game, I am glad that someone puts some effort into stopping these annoying kick tool lobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by GemDG View Post
    Maybe it's the program you're using that is crashing your game, It is impossible for someone else to crash your game.
    Then you've never been with me in a lobby lol. I can crash everyone's game, without being host. It's pretty useful, especially if the host is about to kick you or you remember that the host kicked you earlier. (The difference is that my program actually crashes the game ("iw4mp.exe has stopped working"), not only causes some function to fail and then kick the player and print a message)
    Last edited by __Xen0; 05-03-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by GemDG View Post
    He said in a discussion on steam "but I bet your salty I keep crashing your lobbies" or something. Theres no way he could have known it was happening I didn't tell anyone. The program worked fine for me for a couple days without any issues, and it works for my friend as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    I've done some reversing on packet sending functions a while ago and I don't think that it's possible to make Sys_SendPacket fail. There might be a way to send a messed up packet that gets the host to try to send back an invalid response, but I didn't get that to work. But if someone is actually crashing your game, I am glad that someone puts some effort into stopping these annoying kick tool lobbies.

Then you've never been with me in a lobby lol. I can crash everyone's game, without being host. It's pretty useful, especially if the host is about to kick you or you remember that the host kicked you earlier. (The difference is that my program actually crashes the game ("iw4mp.exe has stopped working"), not only causes some function to fail and then kick the player and print a message)
    I think being able to kick the aimbotters is great. They are killing the game. My game freezes up then black screens then the console pops up with Sys_SendPacket: bad address type 33751571

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxzos View Post
    He said in a discussion on steam "but I bet your salty I keep crashing your lobbies" or something. Theres no way he could have known it was happening I didn't tell anyone. The program worked fine for me for a couple days without any issues, and it works for my friend as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think being able to kick the aimbotters is great. They are killing the game. My game freezes up then black screens then the console pops up with Sys_SendPacket: bad address type 33751571
    lol. Stop kicking aimbotters please and gtfo from MPGH if you don't like hackers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by __Xen0 View Post
    lol. Stop kicking aimbotters please and gtfo from MPGH if you don't like hackers.
    MPGH has the kick tools so I have every right to be here.

Thanks
    true ^^^^^^^^^^^^