Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Edvardas96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Doubtful

    [SOLVED] Bigger MW2 Map (On HUD)

    Ive seen a lot of videos and pictures where people play with bigger maps , the map that is showed on the HUD , the white box is the same size but the map is out of the box and way bigger , I asked some people how they did it but i just got 1 anser just saying chnage something in config , i dont know how to do that , please help , thank you
    Last edited by Insane; 08-31-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

  2. #2
    cayongrayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    25
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvardas96 View Post
    Ive seen a lot of videos and pictures where people play with bigger maps , the map that is showed on the HUD , the white box is the same size but the map is out of the box and way bigger , I asked some people how they did it but i just got 1 anser just saying chnage something in config , i dont know how to do that , please help , thank you
    What they mean when they say change something in the config is, the mp_config file located in steam/steamapps/common/callofdutymodernwarfare2/players.

    There are a bunch of settings in there but it is very limited and I would be surprised if the HUD map size is controlled by that.
    When i was younger, my fairy god mother asked me whether I want a long penis or a long memory.....................I forget my response.


    I came here to drink milk, and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk


    "I'm gunna report you to Activision"
    "Ok tell them I said HAI!"
    Did I help?
    Click thanks? :P


    If I make a mod that you think is easy to make then don't flame me because I did something that COULD of done, I don't care if you can do it or not, the point is you gotta start with the easy stuff.


    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Legit: Banned as of 25/08/2010
    Reason: Steam Loader.


  3. #3
    Edvardas96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by cayongrayoo View Post
    What they mean when they say change something in the config is, the mp_config file located in steam/steamapps/common/callofdutymodernwarfare2/players.

    There are a bunch of settings in there but it is very limited and I would be surprised if the HUD map size is controlled by that.
    So i shouldn't be looked in that cofig file as i undertsand , well thanks for telling me still searching google to find how they do it :/
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

  4. #4
    cayongrayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    25
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvardas96 View Post
    So i shouldn't be looked in that cofig file as i undertsand , well thanks for telling me still searching google to find how they do it :/
    yeah I had small search, but it seems it's not responsible for the HUD map.

    Could you link me to an image or video that u saw with the big map?
    When i was younger, my fairy god mother asked me whether I want a long penis or a long memory.....................I forget my response.


    I came here to drink milk, and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk


    "I'm gunna report you to Activision"
    "Ok tell them I said HAI!"
    Did I help?
    Click thanks? :P


    If I make a mod that you think is easy to make then don't flame me because I did something that COULD of done, I don't care if you can do it or not, the point is you gotta start with the easy stuff.


    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Legit: Banned as of 25/08/2010
    Reason: Steam Loader.


  5. #5
    House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,990
    Reputation
    223
    Thanks
    8,953
    My Mood
    Cynical
    you meant on FOV? you can easily change it with tool here http://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...ompatible.html, but be aware, its VAC detected

  6. #6
    Edvardas96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    you meant on FOV? you can easily change it with tool here http://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...ompatible.html, but be aware, its VAC detected
    No I'm not talking about FOV im talking about the little map in top left corner that you see when you play , where red dots come up , but nice tool that you got there , i will use it for some nice things like no shaky camera when sprinting , thanks



    Quote Originally Posted by cayongrayoo View Post
    yeah I had small search, but it seems it's not responsible for the HUD map.

    Could you link me to an image or video that u saw with the big map?
    I know outside links are not allowed but i think you can accept you tube ? Really sorry if thats not true , I couldnt find the video ive seen before this is the same think but just the game is full of hacks and things but the map is nothing to do with hacks ive seen a map like that before .


    This is maybe on ps3 but i really seen picturs before with bigger map on PC , even on MPGH ive seen a pic with bigger map.

    The map at the top left corner thats what I want , maybe a bit smaller but it dont matter
    Last edited by Edvardas96; 08-31-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

  7. #7
    Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,055
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,997
    He means his Minimap bigger.
    You can use this tool, it makes it easy to edit your config file...
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...nbannable.html

    /Marked As Solved
    Insane
    Ex Middleman
    [
    PM|VM]
    |x|x|x|x|x|x|x|



    Quote Originally Posted by Boombox View Post
    Shut the fuck up insane you pussy bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Shut the fuck up kid, everything that comes out of your mouth sounds retarded as fuck.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Insane For This Useful Post:

    Edvardas96 (08-31-2010),Nox Boxx (08-24-2014)

  9. #8
    Edvardas96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    500
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    He means his Minimap bigger.
    You can use this tool, it makes it easy to edit your config file...
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...nbannable.html

    /Marked As Solved
    Thanks it worked /yea
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Edvardas96 For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Insane (08-31-2010)

Similar Threads

  1. PS3: will anyone trade mw2 map pack for headshots or free?
    By Jarppi in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. MW2 - Map Pack (PreRelease) Giveaway
    By mw2headshotz in forum XBOX Customizing & Modding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. COD:MW2 Map Pack to cost $15
    By optixstyla in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 09:45 AM
  4. COD:MW2 Map Pack to contain 5
    By optixstyla in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 03:54 AM
  5. MW2 Map pack leaked.
    By EndRiT in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:01 PM