Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Question Loading screen image...

Is there any way to change the image of the "map loading screen" you get whenever you join a match?? If so, where are teh files located and is just like any other texture mod????

Thanks
    I remember them possibly being in IW_06. If not try IW_04. You cant edit them though because of the file format issues. If you play on alteriwnet, you can, but someone has already made a bunch of loading screens at the forums.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

Whatintheworld32 (01-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    I remember them possibly being in IW_06. If not try IW_04. You cant edit them though because of the file format issues. If you play on alteriwnet, you can, but someone has already made a bunch of loading screens at the forums.
    I do play on AlterIWnet and I couldn't find any, could you give a link? THANKS!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I figured out how its SUPPOSED to work, but I'm still having a problem... After I convert the DDS file IWI, and put it inthe iw_27 folder I get an error. I tried editing it with 010 Editor but I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO CHANGE!!!! I really could use some help, thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatintheworld32 View Post
    I figured out how its SUPPOSED to work, but I'm still having a problem... After I convert the DDS file IWI, and put it inthe iw_27 folder I get an error. I tried editing it with 010 Editor but I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO CHANGE!!!! I really could use some help, thanks.
    And the error says?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Important note: If you're trying to make the screen animated you need to edit the smoke/clouds, just like normal image editing :3
    Last edited by aIW|Convery; 01-23-2011 at 01:00 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aIW|Convery For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (01-23-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ~DownFall~ View Post
    And the error says?
    Well actually, its not an error but the game actually freezes whenever I choose that map to play on. Please note that I'm talking about the map "loading screen" with the picture of the actual map. What i'm wondering is what I have to edit with 010 editor in order to make it work. I tried replacing the first two lines with the original code but it would just make the loading screen look all glitchy...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatintheworld32 View Post
    Well actually, its not an error but the game actually freezes whenever I choose that map to play on. Please note that I'm talking about the map "loading screen" with the picture of the actual map. What i'm wondering is what I have to edit with 010 editor in order to make it work. I tried replacing the first two lines with the original code but it would just make the loading screen look all glitchy...
    Because you forgot the CRC fixing afterwords. If you do the hex editing, you need to do the CRC too.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    Because you forgot the CRC fixing afterwords. If you do the hex editing, you need to do the CRC too.
    I used the CRC fixing after too and its STILL glitched up when its loading... Maybe I'm doing hex editing wrong????? Really need some help!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I figured out what I was doing wrong before except now i have a new problem...

Derp derp gave me a link with 6 custom loading screens, for some reason i can't convert two of them into dds and does anybody know where I can download more of the original loading screens from???
    Last edited by Whatintheworld32; 01-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.