Thread: AlterIwNet help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Dragon1432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    uwotm8/420blazeit
    Posts
    93
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Tired

    AlterIwNet help

    Hey guys this is dragon1432 here and now i only had just downloaded alteriwnet for mw2 and when i start a game i enter the code in for zombies game mode but no one can join because the join game button is faded out so i cant click it on other computer and ive looked all of google but i cant find my problem so please help i wanna host a zombie server

  2. #2
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    And where is this 'join game' button located?

  3. #3
    Dragon1432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    uwotm8/420blazeit
    Posts
    93
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Tired

    Unhappy

    lol
    its in steam overlay hover over a friend with mouse right click join game but its faded out so i cant click it thats the thing

  4. #4
    jordyg97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Happy
    u have to connect on their IP typ in console connect iphere
    to find u ip typ findexternalip in console
    on the external ip u have t o join

  5. #5
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Oh, it's nice that you know what you install.. 'I just download game, Y IT NO WORK STEAM??? HALP?!'..

    Go read up about what you installed..

  6. #6
    Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Both Worlds
    Posts
    8,868
    Reputation
    1021
    Thanks
    8,867
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I have seriously no clue what your problems is

  7. #7
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
    I have seriously no clue what your problems is
    He installed alterIWnet and expects it to work with steam thus effectively giving he free steam games to play with his friends.

    Though as he have no clue what he just installed he would never get something like that to work, nor are they even playing on the same network. So his problem is that he doesn't know what he's doing and expects yous to make a guide on how to integrate aIW in a cracked steam client (which won't fix his problem but that's the closest you get).

  8. #8
    Moto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,057
    Reputation
    707
    Thanks
    13,434
    My Mood
    Blah


    thats the only thing that explains this thread.



  9. #9
    EpicPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    628
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    155
    Pre-Requirements:

    IQ of over 60 (If you are looking for link, you fail. You can't install the game without this.)
    PC that can run MW2 - Google
    Torrent client (If you use the torrent links) - Download
    Microsoft .Net 3.5 Framework - in the Torrent or on Microsoft.com (.NET 4.0 does not count!)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - in the Torrent or on Microsoft.com
    WinRAR - Download

    /facepalm

  10. #10
    Dragon1432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    uwotm8/420blazeit
    Posts
    93
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Tired
    that, that is wrong really ive bought the game already so has my friends and since i have AlterIwNet i start a private match like people do and play mods and i want to do that but instead its not letting my friends join.So ive got 3 copies in my house Of MW@ and i Put in two keys on two different accounts and i try on other account and the "JoinGame" button in the overlay of steam games is faded out black so i cant click on it and i want to know how to get this working so people can join my private match and play mods together And "NO" i did not download the game and i know how to work commands on the AIW console but i want people to join my private match
    Last edited by Dragon1432; 05-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.

  11. #11
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1432 View Post
    that, that is wrong really ive bought the game already so has my friends and since i have AlterIwNet i start a private match like people do and play mods and i want to do that but instead its not letting my friends join.So ive got 3 copies in my house Of MW@ and i Put in two keys on two different accounts and i try on other account and the "JoinGame" button in the overlay of steam games is faded out black so i cant click on it and i want to know how to get this working so people can join my private match and play mods together And "NO" i did not download the game and i know how to work commands on the AIW console but i want people to join my private match
    ...read your own text and the thread.. alternatively get a rope, seriously.

  12. #12
    Moto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    13,057
    Reputation
    707
    Thanks
    13,434
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1432 View Post
    that, that is wrong really ive bought the game already so has my friends and since i have AlterIwNet i start a private match like people do and play mods and i want to do that but instead its not letting my friends join.So ive got 3 copies in my house Of MW@ and i Put in two keys on two different accounts and i try on other account and the "JoinGame" button in the overlay of steam games is faded out black so i cant click on it and i want to know how to get this working so people can join my private match and play mods together And "NO" i did not download the game and i know how to work commands on the AIW console but i want people to join my private match
    I GET IT. YOU WANT TO HOST A MOD IN YOUR PRIVATE MATCH, problem IS, is that friends can't join. Simple problem really, just open your NAT, then give them your external ip



  13. #13
    Dragon1432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    uwotm8/420blazeit
    Posts
    93
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Tired

    Smile

    not solved yet but i know u get what i mean but i want them to join by steam overlay and not for them to have to download AlterIWNet Console to join but congrats that u get what i mean

  14. #14
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1432 View Post
    not solved yet but i know u get what i mean but i want them to join by steam overlay and not for them to have to download AlterIWNet Console to join but congrats that u get what i mean
    If we say that it's not possible will you drop it or spam 'lies! It's not true, it has to work!! halp!!'?

    Read up on aIW is-.-'

  15. #15
    EpicPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    628
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon1432 View Post
    that, that is wrong really ive bought the game already so has my friends and since i have AlterIwNet i start a private match like people do and play mods and i want to do that but instead its not letting my friends join.So ive got 3 copies in my house Of MW@ and i Put in two keys on two different accounts and i try on other account and the "JoinGame" button in the overlay of steam games is faded out black so i cant click on it and i want to know how to get this working so people can join my private match and play mods together And "NO" i did not download the game and i know how to work commands on the AIW console but i want people to join my private match

    LOLLOLOLO, you bought three copys of mw2... xD?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPlayer View Post
    Pre-Requirements:

    IQ of over 60 (If you are looking for link, you fail. You can't install the game without this.)
    PC that can run MW2 - Google
    Torrent client (If you use the torrent links) - Download
    Microsoft .Net 3.5 Framework - in the Torrent or on Microsoft.com (.NET 4.0 does not count!)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - in the Torrent or on Microsoft.com
    WinRAR - Download


    /facepalm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast