Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

nv4_disp infinite loop

Hello!

Ive recently installed MW2 on my computer, using the standalone multiplayer client I downloaded from alteriw.net . I've updated the game and I've started playing it. So far, so good, I didnt max out my settings because i never do it in any game, I play with everything on low, antialiasing turned off and a 16:10 resolution. The game runs on 60+fps(screen refresh rate 60 hertz) constantly and runs smooth as butter. But, everytime, after about 10-20 minutes of gameplay, the game randomly freezes, the audio seems to be on a loop during that time . I tried CTRL ALT DEL and ALT F4 and any kind of other trick but the computer becomes unresponsive and i have to use the hard reset button to get back into windows. If I wait, and don't reset the computer, after about a minute, i get a blue screen and it sais the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    The problem seems to be caused by the following file:nv4_disp
    If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.If this screen appears again follow these steps.
    The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrctly.
    Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.
    Technical information:
    ***stop:0x000000EA(0x86E55868,0x8634BB70,0xF7C5DCB 4,0x00000001)
    nv4_disp
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistence

After that, i still have to use the hard reset, at first i just saw this message for a second but I managed to get into the windows settings so that the computer doesnt automaticly reset itself after the blue screen.

Now, this error only happens with Cod MW2. It doesnt happen with any other game, and I play games have higher requirements than MW2 for up to 10 hours without a break. Ive supervised the temperature to make sure the graphic card isnt overheating, its allways at a stable 55 degrees. I clean the dust every month out of my case and I've never overclocked any of my pc components(ive supervized the other temperatures, cpu etc and all of it is working as intended)

I run Windows XP SP3 with latest updates installed, windows firewall turned off and have Nod32 Smart Security 5 as an antivirus program.
    Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1GB
    Ram: 2Gb
    Processor: Dual Core 2,4Ghz
    Monitor: Samsung syncmaster T220

Ive also tried uninstaling and reinstalling the drivers, which to me felt unecessary because I reinstalled windows only 2 months ago(fresh start, formatted the disc, clean sleeve) and I've installed the latest drivers which still didn't fix the issue.

Therefore, I come here in need of assistance, because I love this game and I would really like to play it for hours without interruption. I would also like to mention that the last time I played was a year or more ago, and back then I had a nv_disp.dll error, which also made the game freeze and crash, but I fixed that by playing in windowed mode. Windowed mode does not help in this case, ive tried.

I look forward to your replies,
    Thank You.
    ''If rape is imminent...relax and enjoy it.'' - Napoleon Bonaparte

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I believe you need to update your graphic card driver. nv4_disp is probably Nvidia Display Driver or something. Also, have you overclocked your card? Unstable overclocks might make your computer do that.
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.6.1 *NEW* Windows 10 compatible!
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]