Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    321olos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1

    Can this get me banned?

    I have 2 steam accounts. 1 is banned while the other is not.

    I want to use my old account to use mods on but keep my good account to play online.

    I want to use the same steam and same mw2 exectuable with both.

    So if i host mods on the first account and then switch to my new account and play online can that get my new account banned aswell?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah
    As long as you don't change the game files, you shouldn't be banned. Modding doesn't change them.


    The lines in my Steam are i's

  3. #3
    321olos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    As long as you don't change the game files, you shouldn't be banned. Modding doesn't change them.
    So just to be on the safe side should i uninstall and reinstall the game when i change accounts?

  4. #4
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by 321olos View Post
    So just to be on the safe side should i uninstall and reinstall the game when i change accounts?
    The thing that gets you banned is Liberation because it is memory editing. And the memory gets cleared when you close the game. So you shouldn't need to.

    But if you wanna be completely sure you can do it.


    The lines in my Steam are i's

  5. #5
    321olos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    The thing that gets you banned is Liberation because it is memory editing. And the memory gets cleared when you close the game. So you shouldn't need to.

    But if you wanna be completely sure you can do it.
    I cant be bothered to uninstall and reinstall everytime so i made a copy of the mw2 folder and use it for modding... so i can switch between the two.

  6. #6
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by 321olos View Post
    I cant be bothered to uninstall and reinstall everytime so i made a copy of the mw2 folder and use it for modding... so i can switch between the two.
    That'll work too.


    The lines in my Steam are i's

  7. #7
    321olos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    That'll work too.
    Alright thanks for your help

    Could you close it please?

  8. #8
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by 321olos View Post
    Alright thanks for your help

    Could you close it please?
    I can't, but i asked a Minion to do so.


    The lines in my Steam are i's

Similar Threads

  1. can i get permenent banned?
    By joha9889 in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
  2. [Solved]Can you get banned from this?
    By L3G3ND_KILL3R in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 05:07 AM
  3. [SOLVED]will this get me banned or is there anything better
    By thepinhead in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 03:10 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Can this get you banned!?
    By schoolies in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 02:02 AM
  5. how can you get ip banned?
    By xxkingthugxx in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 02:51 AM