Newsforce
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Post Appealing Permanent Ban from Vouching

Hello all,

Just today I received word from @Flengo that I am no longer allowed to vouch due to a altercation between myself and a person whom I had dealt with in the far past regarding a vouch. With the help the Marketplace staff (a few were involved) a general consensuses was made and the matter was closed. However after the matter was closed, Flengo added a few hours later a notice stating this:

Anime will be banned permanently from receiving any more vouch copies. If another scam report arises that is valid, he will be permanently banned from the marketplace.

Source
    Now to fully understand the context of this judgment or would like to know what caused this judgment to made in the first place please view this thread here: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1177897

I will give a TL;DR for any staff members who wish to understand the general "gist" of the situation.

The seller and I made a very simple deal where I would receive a vouch copy of the product and in turn I would leave the standard vouch for his profile and/or shop. Throughout the process I was banned due to some trades and could not leave a vouch (since my profile was banned) when I received the item. After I was unbanned, I moved along as usual having forgotten about the vouch since it had been months since I gotten the vouch and haven't received any notices from the seller over Skype and MPGH. The first time I was brought to attention was when the seller opened a scam report. Flengo requested that I keep up my end of the deal and provide him with a vouch which I was more than happy to. Afterwards, Flengo issued his judgment.

Now I am not here to oppose any staff's judgment nor am I here to tell someone how to do their job. I am simply here to plea my case and ask for a reconsideration based on the examples and my thoughts that I am about to provide. I understand where Flengo is coming from with his judgement but I do believe that it is a very harsh penalty for something as little as this. An open discussion would be nice.

Case 1
    I am not a frequent voucher and I do not jump at every single opportunity to ask for a vouch. I feel the need to put this out there because vouching is something I do sparingly and isn't something I do very often. I pick and chose what services to vouch for based on what I can offer the buyers on MPGH. If you look back to this year, I have possibly vouched for one service (possibly a 2nd) and for one eBook that I helped proof read. Based on similar judgments, such as the case of Batman, I am completely honest with my vouches and I do not abuse my status to get them. My vouches are meaningful and I take extra care in providing the best vouches. This will now bring me to Case 2.

Case 2
    The quality of my vouches should speak for itself. I tend to write a lot and offer a very in deph vouch explaining almost everything there is to explain. This is because I want the vouch to really count and mean something for the buyers. I understand the importance of vouches and the customers who are really interested in the product find my vouches to be extremely helpful. Taking away my privileges to vouch for something will give me one less tool to help people out. I understand that there are some circumstances where vouch privileges should be taken away and I do not think this case should constitute that.

Here are the vouches I left for the two vouches that I received this year.

On top of the vouches I give, I also urge any potential buyer to message me on Skype if they have any question regarding my experience or any general questions at all. I have always been open to helping anybody and so far I have serviced many customers. Overall, I really do believe that this helps the Marketplace in some way even if it's small.

Do I believe I should deserve some form of punishment? As a person who abides by the rules and understands it, I do understand that I failed to provide the vouch (even though I physically couldn't because I was banned) therefore I should receive punishment for it. I do not, however, agree that this is a case where I was to be given the ultimate punishment for. A permanent ban from vouching is excessive in this case. I only failed to vouch because I was banned and I couldn't. After coming back after a few months, how could I possibly remember this if I was not contacted in any way?

Due to my reasons above I would like to hear back from the other staff members and higher ups who could add something to this.

This is not the first time I had a decision like this put on me. After being unbanned, Flengo said I was to be permanently banned from the marketplace but after other staff members voiced their thoughts, the sentence was to be reduced to 3 months but was then settled to 6 months. I have caused no trouble ever since then and that was the only problem I have ever had in the marketplace. This vouch punishment is no different. In all my years here in MPGH, I do not ever recall something like this happening so that would make me the first person AND my first offense. Handing a punishment that serious right off the bat is in my opinion, excessive. Ban me from vouching for a few months, I understand but for life is just too much.

So please, I pleading with you to reconsider this and to have an open mind. I never intended to cause any harm ever and its apparent that I'm not trying to pull something off. I respect the Marketplace too much to be doing these types of things. I really hope we can have a discussion on this matter.

Thank you all.

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014
    Email: Commanderr@live.com
    Timezone: PST (GMT - 7:00) California
    進撃の巨人
    If you want to contact me, drop me a Skype!
    CONTACT|RULES|AVA|VOUCHES

The Hunt has ended...
    My Goodbye:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

Marcus. (10-11-2016),[MPGH]Raple (10-13-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Not even gonna bother reading right now, don't have enough time. You have countless issues in scammers grave over and over again. We're not risking any kind of more trouble with you.

I will tag in the fellow squad @Hova @DarkLordXYZ @Psychotic
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM

Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Threadstarter
    Barred from Marketplace Vouches
    DO NOT ASK FOR OR RECEIVE VOUCHES FROM THIS USER

10/15/2016 - 01/16/17
    Premium Seller
    Newsforce
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    Not even gonna bother reading right now, don't have enough time. You have countless issues in scammers grave over and over again. We're not risking any kind of more trouble with you.

I will tag in the fellow squad @Hova @DarkLordXYZ @Psychotic
    Appreciate the response nonetheless.

I was banned once for a series of reports due to a bad service which happened last year. That I acknowledge and understand. Even I know that it was ugly.

Other then that, I haven't had anything else that got me in trouble. I'm pretty sure about this as well.

進撃の巨人

The Hunt has ended...
    My Goodbye:

Threadstarter
    Barred from Marketplace Vouches
    DO NOT ASK FOR OR RECEIVE VOUCHES FROM THIS USER

10/15/2016 - 01/16/17
    Premium Seller
    Newsforce
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Could a squad member of the Marketplace share their opinions on this matter? Would love to have a discussion with one of you.

@Hova
    @DarkLordXYZ
    @Psychotic

No rush really, I know you guys are really busy with the Marketplace and all.

進撃の巨人

The Hunt has ended...
    My Goodbye:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I will voice my opinion on this and I meant to respond earlier I just have been busy so I apologize for that.

A permanent ban from vouching is excessive in this situation as it's not like you consistently are asking for vouches or not holding up your end of a vouch copy. That being said, it's been a long time from when you were supposed to post a vouch to now, when the seller has made the report. Although it is ultimately your responsibility to uphold that as someone eligible to ask for and receive vouch copies, I don't believe it is equitable for you to be given the maximum punishment.

You aren't a repeat offender and all things considered this isn't a detrimental offense, there are other people who would be more deserving of the permanent vouch ban who are constantly abusing it.

The keyword here is abuse. Abuse can come in multiple forms: excessive receiving of vouch copies, constantly not holding up your end of a vouch copy thereon and so forth.

In conclusion I believe the permanent vouch ban to be either lifted or reduced.

@ @Hova @DarkLordXYZ @Flengo

God of Marketplace

If you have questions, concerns or simply need help you can leave me a message. I am more than happy to assist you.
    Any spam/stupid messages sent to me will be ignored. Infringements upon the rules may result in an infraction or ban.
    In an effort to combat imposters you can directly add me using the Skype button below.

Private Message | Visitor Message
    Report a Scammer

Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahlwong (10-13-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    It is my opinion that you should pay the user who gave you a vouch copy at least a portion of the cost. The cost was $25. You should be responsible for at least $15 of that. To go along with the reimbursement would be a 3 month vouch copy ban. @Anime Are you willing to pay the user $15?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nice communication guys! Thanks!

Re-opened the scam report because apparently now they want to voice their thoughts and opinions properly, and handle the situation.

Carry on there.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM

Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012