Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349

    You have received an infraction at MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo
    Dear Blitz,

    You have received an infraction at MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking.

    Reason: Spamming/Pointless/Repeated Posts
    -------
    Abusing the mentioning system, kthxbai

    -------

    This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

    Original Post:
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/48-spammer...ml#post6045991
    Goooodmoorninnng MPGHiaaaans
    All the best,
    MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking Staff
    So, I made a thread mentioning everyone online this morning. You can find the link to it above. About an hour after it's creation, I was infracted for it by Ravallo -- despite the fact that there is nothing in the rules that says this isn't allowed. When I talked to Thunder about this, he said that Dave himself apparently said it was illegal. For the sake of both of our arguments I'll go ahead and say that Dave DID say this wasn't allowed. I'm not one to argue with anything Dave does or says and this thread is no exception, I'll merely be referencing something else he said in a different dispute of mine.

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/259-staff-...e-hacking.html

    In the thread linked above, I received a warning for linking to a youtube video of which had a description that contained a link to an .MP3 download. Dave himself said that as a minion I was allowed to do that, however the warning stuck because according to the rules it was something illegal. In this thread that actually benefits my argument; While Dave may or may not have said that this was against the rules previously, there is absolutely no written rule that says anything about it -- therefore, until this rule has been edited in, a user should not be infracted for breaking it. The claim that I was "abusing" the mentioning system itself is very flimsy, in my opinion abuse would be doing something like this several times in succession or intentionally boosting a specific persons mention count or my own by using an alternate account.
    Last edited by Blitz; 05-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Justin (05-18-2012)

  3. #2
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Just throwing this out there, I've heard in the past through MSN chats with upper staff that mass mentioning is considered spam depending on how it's used.



  4. #3
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Just throwing this out there, I've heard in the past through MSN chats with upper staff that mass mentioning is considered spam depending on how it's used.
    Like I said, there's nothing in the rules that specifies Mass Mentioning as spam. Even if Upper Staff have said it personally, the referenced thread shows that that argument is completely irrelevant.

  5. #4
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Like I said, there's nothing in the rules that specifies Mass Mentioning as spam. Even if Upper Staff have said it personally, the referenced thread shows that that argument is completely irrelevant.
    Well wait for their verdict then, but to some it's considered common sense.



  6. #5
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Well wait for their verdict then, but to some it's considered common sense.
    I've already wrote out an entire argument explaining why that's bullshit. If you want to call me out on any holes in my post then you're more than welcome to, but if you're just here to flood the thread with statements that I've already disproved then you really have no purpose here.

  7. #6
    Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,405
    Reputation
    1063
    Thanks
    2,559
    No idea why you're infracted. I did the same thing around the time the mention plugin was first implemented and had no repercussions. (Thread was in the spam section.)


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

    Blitz (05-18-2012)

  9. #7
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    No idea why you're infracted. I did the same thing around the time the mention plugin was first implemented and had no repercussions. (Thread was in the spam section.)
    Note: I moved the thread from General to the Spammers Corner aswell


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  10. #8
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post


    Note: I moved the thread from General to the Spammers Corner aswell
    There have been several "good morning" threads on MPGH, along with threads celebrating that it's Friday/Saturday etc. You want to move my thread to the spam section? Knock yourself out. The infraction, however, was completely unwarranted.

  11. #9
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    There have been several "good morning" threads on MPGH, along with threads celebrating that it's Friday/Saturday etc. You want to move my thread to the spam section? Knock yourself out. The infraction, however, was completely unwarranted.
    :l
    Oh the good morning thread itself wasn't the problem, the mass mentioning was.


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  12. #10
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post


    :l
    Oh the good morning thread itself wasn't the problem, the mass mentioning was.
    You infracted me for the reason of "spamming", while mass mentioning is not spamming in any way, shape or form. You may not necessarily approve of it, but there's nothing that says I can't do it.

  13. #11
    PewDiePie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    North
    Posts
    13,643
    Reputation
    2506
    Thanks
    3,574
    The mention abuse was spam, the thread itself was spam.
    Like you said Blitz in our conversation, you weren't sure if you were gonna post the thread, but went a head with it anyway because there were no rule against it.

    > You obviously knew it could be considered spam.
    > People have been infracted before with this kind of plugin abuse.
    > You don't even know 90% of the mentioned people.
    Official Sheep and Sheepfucker group


    [X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PewDiePie For This Useful Post:

    Ravallo (05-18-2012)

  15. #12
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    > You obviously knew it could be considered spam.
    False. Even now I refuse to stipulate with the notion that my thread was "spam". I was never "unsure" about anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

    > People have been infracted before with this kind of plugin abuse.
    Then their infractions were unjust. I've already explained *why* I shouldn't have been infracted with a completely solid argument yet you're still trying to force "PEOPLE HAVE DUN IT B4 N GOT INFRACTED ITS BAD MKAY?" down my throat without being able to tell me why the original argument isn't correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

    > You don't even know 90% of the mentioned people.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that there was a rule stating that you can't mention people you don't know. Silly me! (Oh wait, there isn't a rule like that, what was your point again?)

  16. #13
    PewDiePie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    North
    Posts
    13,643
    Reputation
    2506
    Thanks
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    False. Even now I refuse to stipulate with the notion that my thread was "spam". I was never "unsure" about anything.


    Then their infractions were unjust. I've already explained *why* I shouldn't have been infracted with a completely solid argument yet you're still trying to force "PEOPLE HAVE DUN IT B4 N GOT INFRACTED ITS BAD MKAY?" down my throat without being able to tell me why the original argument isn't correct.



    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that there was a rule stating that you can't mention people you don't know. Silly me! (Oh wait, there isn't a rule like that, what was your point again?)
    Just because there's no specific rule against abuse of one of MPGH's plugins, it's pretty common sense and I'm going to start making threads about me waking up and saying hello to everyone which is obviously not spam
    Official Sheep and Sheepfucker group


    [X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

  17. #14
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post


    Just because there's no specific rule against abuse of one of MPGH's plugins, it's pretty common sense and I'm going to start making threads about me waking up and saying hello to everyone which is obviously not spam
    As I've said, not only is there no rule against "abusing" this certain plugin, but in my opinion this doesn't even qualify as abuse.

  18. #15
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,853
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,148
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Mass mentioning is spam. If you mention people without a valid reason, your infraction was justified.





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
  2. MPGH - Multiplayer Game Hacking on PS3 and Wii
    By Extractional in forum General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
  3. Hello Multiplayer Game Hacking!
    By XownageX in forum Member Introduction & Return
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 05:51 PM
  4. Multiplayer Gaming Hack
    By ragecry in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 08:06 AM
  5. [Request]Multiplayer Game hack.
    By max90 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM