Thread: Chibizs

Thanks

Chibizs

I would like to start this off by stating that I do not mean to portray any dissrespect to those who read this but I would like to repeal my ban and get it off my record. I know I have broken the rules but I would like to have a chance to explain why and explain my view on this. This is concerning the ban of Chibizs for trying to send someone an outside link via the private messaging system.

Yesterday I was asked to help someone in the regards to private servers. I did so willingly as I am one of the only ones with the extensive knowledge of the systems and ways you can set up a private server. I have worked on the two biggest private servers in comparasion to value and players actively playing. There would only be two other people who can match and surpass my knowledge on this forum and they are innactive due to hte fact that they are admins on the private server I currently work at and they are the main coders. I provide to everyone m y knowledge as I know when I started out, trying to set up a private server, I had some difficulty and those who knew more helped me. I try to share my knowledge with anyone who asks and yes I do link to another site but I did it so for the sake of the knowledge that site can offer. Knowledge and the sharing of knowledge should have no monopoly. If I find a site can offer something better than I can and it is not on this forum then I will link it to who ever asks.

It states in the rules and I qoute " No outside links or links to downloads/attachments, use the upload system instead." The punishment for that was stated to be permenant ban yet JamesRO has been releasing his programs here in the AQW section and yet no action has been taken against him. I believe that it was allowed due to his blog shared knowledge. His early versions Le Bot 8.1 and earlier I do believe had a my blog button and yet it was all approved. He only stopped putting that button in once his blog was taken down by AE. If he was allowed to give his blog link in his program to the thousands of people downloading it then why am I being punished for PM'ing one user a link that could help him?

Another rule I would like to quote is "No posting of warez (copy written material) or material infringe on copyrights.". By definition any hack in the Artix Entertainment section is an infringment on the copyright of Artix Entertainment and yet no actions are taken against anyone because the AE section is big portion of the traffic coming into the site. Again by this rule posting any hacks is by definintion an infringmenet upon a company's copyright to their selected material. So if that rule was enforced the site would die off. So can you tell me why that rule exists or if it does and is meant to exist why it is not being enforced?

Around the forum I see enforcement of these rules lacking. I see those that post in the wrong section not getting the required bans, I see people who might be abusing alts to bump up their posts forr the thanks and I report them and nothing happens, I see infringments upon infringments that should be enforced by the rules and yet they are not yet I am persecuted for sharing knowledge. Without knowledge we could not learn or better ourselves. Knowledge should be free and no monopoly on knowledge should exist.

Again I mean no disrespect when I post this but I have been trying to help people since i started and I feel like this is something that should not happen as it was for the pursuit of knowledge and was only done one time in a private setting to one person.

Thanks
    Again, half of this should put on me. Me and Chibz were discussing about the new ps I'm about to create. I asked AQWThunder that who might know more PS than him, and he told me Chibiz. So me and Chibiz starts talking and eventually he gave me the link to another forum for those private server files. Since there were restrictions on the name, I asked nicely for him to send directly to my email.

PS: I sent Glue an PM, but never got a reply. So I decided to send AQWThunder a PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chibizs2 View Post
    I would like to start this off by stating that I do not mean to portray any dissrespect to those who read this but I would like to repeal my ban and get it off my record. I know I have broken the rules but I would like to have a chance to explain why and explain my view on this. This is concerning the ban of Chibizs for trying to send someone an outside link via the private messaging system.

Yesterday I was asked to help someone in the regards to private servers. I did so willingly as I am one of the only ones with the extensive knowledge of the systems and ways you can set up a private server. I have worked on the two biggest private servers in comparasion to value and players actively playing. There would only be two other people who can match and surpass my knowledge on this forum and they are innactive due to hte fact that they are admins on the private server I currently work at and they are the main coders. I provide to everyone m y knowledge as I know when I started out, trying to set up a private server, I had some difficulty and those who knew more helped me. I try to share my knowledge with anyone who asks and yes I do link to another site but I did it so for the sake of the knowledge that site can offer. Knowledge and the sharing of knowledge should have no monopoly. If I find a site can offer something better than I can and it is not on this forum then I will link it to who ever asks.

It states in the rules and I qoute " No outside links or links to downloads/attachments, use the upload system instead." The punishment for that was stated to be permenant ban yet JamesRO has been releasing his programs here in the AQW section and yet no action has been taken against him. I believe that it was allowed due to his blog shared knowledge. His early versions Le Bot 8.1 and earlier I do believe had a my blog button and yet it was all approved. He only stopped putting that button in once his blog was taken down by AE. If he was allowed to give his blog link in his program to the thousands of people downloading it then why am I being punished for PM'ing one user a link that could help him?

Another rule I would like to quote is "No posting of warez (copy written material) or material infringe on copyrights.". By definition any hack in the Artix Entertainment section is an infringment on the copyright of Artix Entertainment and yet no actions are taken against anyone because the AE section is big portion of the traffic coming into the site. Again by this rule posting any hacks is by definintion an infringmenet upon a company's copyright to their selected material. So if that rule was enforced the site would die off. So can you tell me why that rule exists or if it does and is meant to exist why it is not being enforced?

Around the forum I see enforcement of these rules lacking. I see those that post in the wrong section not getting the required bans, I see people who might be abusing alts to bump up their posts forr the thanks and I report them and nothing happens, I see infringments upon infringments that should be enforced by the rules and yet they are not yet I am persecuted for sharing knowledge. Without knowledge we could not learn or better ourselves. Knowledge should be free and no monopoly on knowledge should exist.

Again I mean no disrespect when I post this but I have been trying to help people since i started and I feel like this is something that should not happen as it was for the pursuit of knowledge and was only done one time in a private setting to one person.

First off, your ban is one day long as compared to a ban that could be permanent.

Second:
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/259-staff-...g-dispute.html

"Getting banned for something that someone else did. Just because they did it, and didn't get caught, doesn't mean you won't. It's also not a valid defense, a dispute is about you, don't bring another party into this, use the report button instead and serve out your ban."

That's about it.
    Serve your ban. If you want to send links, don't do it here. Send it via skype/msn/e-mail/etc. It doesn't matter as long as it isn't here.

We all appreciate that you are helping users. We damn well do.

Anyways, I'll lift your ban. But next time you have to be careful and not repeat the same mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarX View Post
    Again, half of this should put on me. Me and Chibz were discussing about the new ps I'm about to create. I asked AQWThunder that who might know more PS than him, and he told me Chibiz. So me and Chibiz starts talking and eventually he gave me the link to another forum for those private server files. Since there were restrictions on the name, I asked nicely for him to send directly to my email.

PS: I sent Glue an PM, but never got a reply. So I decided to send AQWThunder a PM.
    He sent links, you didn't. You're innocent. Nothing is on you. Not all, not half, none.
    Last edited by Hero; 12-28-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion since 10•10•2011
    Minion+ since 01•06•2012
    Moderator since 08•08•2012
    Global Moderator since 10•06•2012
    Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014

[ • ] [ • ] [ • ] [ • ][ • ]