Thread: Astro.

Thanks

Astro.

I am confused as to what is going on as I have received little information regarding to why I was banned. Symmetrical left because he has school which is understandable and has not told me anything since that point, Busted! is the only one who has been helpful throughout this entire situation and I truly appreciate that.

Liz

Please provide me with the reason for my ban (in relation to my ban reason) alongside with a possible report or proof that I can look at to justify my ban. I have explained my situation to Kevin and only have one thought in mind that can even tie me to a ban reason.

Story:

I was approached by my brother (Kiritsugu) asking to use my PayPal, since he doesn't have one, to receive a transaction of $150 or so because he sold a knife to a scammer by the name of Tsuchiro . In fact, I am the person who got him banned from MPGH as can be seen here:

EDIT: Not allowed to post tags, or links since I don't have enough posts. Sorry.

After receiving money, I am the one who closed the report about 2-3 days later after I found out he was scamming. However, my brother assured me that 'Tsuchiro' was completely fine with him and that no chargeback will be started. However, I was browsing through my email when about a week later, I learned that a chargeback had indeed been initiated and that it was escalated to a claim.

After that, I forced my brother to call up PayPal and dispute the claim. PayPal sided with him and pushed the dispute in his (my account's) favor and closed the dispute.

I can provide proof of the PayPal transactions. Once again, this is the only thing I know of and I have proof to support my claims (if needed) and I was simply letting my brother borrow my PayPal, nothing more, nothing less.

As to why anyone would even think that I would scam.. It would make no sense. I have been an OMM for about 3 months I believe, and I have been one of the most (if not the most) active OMM for the Market Place. I moderated it and even helped Busted! with his job by tagging him in threads and asking him to do corrections/closures as needed (he can vouch for this, I'm sure he knows what he has to do when he receives tag notifications from me). I am well aware of the Gbot scam, which took place in less than ONE MONTH after him getting OMM and whatever amount of money was stolen is way more immense than what I am getting accused for. I still do not know how much money I 'scammed' apparently, but Kevin tells me its a lot? Yes, it was my birthday, and if it is somehow proven that I scammed, I will use my birthday money to hand out refunds as needed.

Thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    You're not banned for scamming, though technically it can be tied, you're banned for allowing a scam to proceed with full knowledge and for taking a bribe for doing so. Dave and I agreed on a ban.

Read away.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetrical

A user named Tsuchiro claimed that he and Kiritsugu worked together and scammed users.
    He also claimed that Kiritsugu sometimes MM users.
    Kiritsugu claimed that his "brother" knows all about what they're doing.
    Astro. was also bribed by Tsuchiro,
    screenshot of the paypal transaction:

I'm quite sure that it's Astro's paypal because if you check his Signature and click on the Donate button, you'll see his paypal email on the top.

The thing that confirms this is the fact that Astro. and his "brother" Kiritsugu have the same IP's and last name (Lee).
    Last edited by Liz; 11-22-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    You're not banned for scamming, though technically it can be tied, you're banned for allowing a scam to proceed with full knowledge and for taking a bribe for doing so. Dave and I agreed on a ban.

Read away.

Can't post links.

Can't post links.

Actually, there is no proof that I was aware of this since I was actually online on Skype while this scamming was happening. I was approached by my brother asking for my PayPal, I was not bribed, he was.

Why in the world would my brother tell me about a scam if he knew I would get the scammer banned? I have the PayPal history although I might not be able to post the screenshots since I don't have enough posts (and posting in other sections would get me banned for Ban Evasion).

But seriously.. This has to be one of the most unintelligent accusations I've ever seen, pretty much an insult to my level of intelligence. Who in the world would spend so much time as an OMM and hard work in order to get banned for a small amount of money (compared to more that could've been taken)? Why would I have the money sent to my main PayPal when it could be sent to an alternate PayPal that can be solely traced to my brother or not even traceable at all?

I did not have full knowledge and I did not take a bribe. The money went towards Steam funds for my brother, not me. I resolved his scam report within hours of the report. Why would I not let him continue and keep 'accepting bribes' ? My intelligence level and superiority exceeds Gbot's and yet, I failed to scam 1/4 of what he did? Connect the dots, I didn't do this.

I will NOT add you to do trades with you. Always ask me to send you a PM/VM when you add me on Skype.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroMM View Post
    I didn't do this.
    You may not have scammed but according to the screenshots,
    Tsuchiro and your "brother" were working together and scamming a user

and in the conversation, your "brother" said he was cool with scamming as he does it all the time and you're okay with it.

My Skype: -
    (Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me on Skype)

Your donations would be kindly accepted

History
    Editor 16th April 2013 ~ 27th June 2013
    Middleman 14th July 2013 ~ 4th August 2015
    Donator 30th August 2013 ~ Current
    Minion 8th October 2013 ~ 1st January 2014
    Moderator 1st January 2014 ~ 4th August 2015

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Symmetrical For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hunter (11-23-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetrical View Post

You may not have scammed but according to the screenshots,
    Tsuchiro and your "brother" were working together and scamming a user

and in the conversation, your "brother" said he was cool with scamming as he does it all the time and you're okay with it.
    As I said before, I only knew that a large amount of money was being sent to my account to be used on Steam funds ($153 to be exact). I warned him that he might get scammed and that if a chargeback ensues, I would be totally screwed (which did happen).

However, I am not 'cool' with scamming and I do not scam. I simply SE websites such as Best Buy and Amazon.

However, the screenshots state that he 'kinda knows' which goes to show that I really only did know about money being sent to my PayPal. There are no screenshots to prove that I have contact with Tsuchiro (otherwise he would've reported them).

On my brother's behalf, I'd be able to refund the $153 back to the person it was stolen from. This Tsuchiro kid is simply reporting me because he is trying to put together a scam report that has so many holes and dead ends and because he lost the PayPal dispute (as if he didn't scam enough money already).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Some faults with your 'argument' if you want to call it that.

It assumes a few things:

• The most obvious one, that we believe that your 'brother' is a separate person. Members have tried using this excuse before, and they've been banned regardless. Anyone else would be ridiculed for even trying to pull that old excuse. Every single person who's used this excuse has been banned in the past.
    • Presupposing your brother is a real person. That leaves us with three possible scenarios.

Your so called intellect failed you absurdly and thought nothing of the request from him to use your PayPal to receive the money, with no explanation as to where or how it came about.

You 'kind of knew' this was a shady thing but chose to ignore it, because its your 'brother'.

You were in on it from the start, you thought you could get away with it because you had no contact either with the seller or the buyer. And any blame would lay solely on your 'brother' and Tsuchiro

None of which are particularly good for you.
    • That we completely ignore procedure and take you at your word, because people don't make excuses or lie. Ignoring the fact that your "brother" does state several times that 'you kind of know'. Which means you had some inkling, easily deniable of course. After all push come to shove, you can just throw your "brother" under the bus and get away clean.
    • That we ignore there's no reason for Tsuchiro to communicate with you directly, as this entire deal was with your "brother" and (assuming he is real) you could have simply stated your demands through him. IE; him requesting the funds being sent to YOUR paypal. Then perhaps sharing in the profits with no one being the wiser, as the buyer was not dealing with you and your brother is your 'agent'.

That being said, lets hypothesize that you are correct, we ignore all the (albeit) circumstantial evidence and take you at your word, and assume it was just gross negligence on your part. What is the outcome you foresee?
    Last edited by Liz; 11-28-2014 at 09:26 PM.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Express. (12-04-2014),[MPGH]Hunter (11-23-2014),Legend™ (12-05-2014),[MPGH]Mayion (11-23-2014),Necc (12-04-2014),OscR (12-04-2014),[DIN]Royce[DU] (11-25-2014),[MPGH]Symmetrical (11-24-2014),[MPGH][SMA] Paradise` (12-04-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Some faults with your 'argument' if you want to call it that.

It assumes a few things:

• The most obvious one, that we believe that your 'brother' is a separate person. Members have tried using this excuse before, and they've been banned regardless. Anyone else would be ridiculed for even trying to pull that old excuse. Every single person who's used this excuse has been banned in the past.

• Presupposing your brother is a real person. That leaves us with three possible scenarios.

Your so called intellect failed you absurdly and thought nothing of the request from him to use your PayPal to receive the money, with no explanation as to where or how it came about.

You 'kind of knew' this was a shady thing but chose to ignore it, because its your 'brother'.

You were in on it from the start, you thought you could get away with it because you had no contact either with the seller or the buyer. And any blame would lay solely on your 'brother' and Tsuchiro

None of which are particularly good for you.

• That we completely ignore procedure and take you at your word, because people don't make excuses or lie. Ignoring the fact that your "brother" does state several times that 'you kind of know'. Which means you had some inkling, easily deniable of course. After all push come to shove, you can just throw your "brother" under the bus and get away clean.

• That we ignore there's no reason for Tsuchiro to communicate with you directly, as this entire deal was with your "brother" and (assuming he is real) you could have simply stated your demands through him. IE; him requesting the funds being sent to YOUR paypal. Then perhaps sharing in the profits with no one being the wiser, as the buyer was not dealing with you and your brother is your 'agent'.

That being said, lets hypothesize that you are correct, we ignore all the (albeit) circumstantial evidence and take your at your word, and assume it was just gross negligence on your part. What is the outcome you foresee?
    Actually, the brother or sibling excuse has failed on everyone in the past because people who pull it fail to prove it. However, ask people who talk to him and people who talk to me (Kevin is probably the best). We are 2 completely different people. Our typing styles, different. Our language and treatment of other people, different. We've been online at the same time on MPGH and Skype, which poses the question of having two devices in the same household and me having a double personality. Not sure how I can prove that. Kevin has tracked us down on Facebook and I'm sure he can vouch that we are in fact, two different people (although we live in the same household with the same IP).

I did question him on the PayPal. I know that I am in the only one in my household with a PayPal account and that he would need to borrow mines if he decides to sell an item. In this case, he told me he was selling his CS:GO items (a knife) and that a person by the name of Tsuchiro was buying it from him. I have seen Tsuchiro around MPGH plenty, and I have had contact with him so I knew him well enough to know that he was very involved in the CS:GO competitive scene and that he is 'trusted'. I did not expect to get away clean from this, as I have said, I understand the fallacy that my brother has committed and that I am willing to refund the $153 that whoever it was lost to Tsuchiro. However, there is no other scam that has a connection to me involving Tsuchiro whatsoever.

That's the only outcome I see. Refunding the money and if allowed, resuming OMM duties (I understand that it is tough to allow me to resume OMM after this dispute and I could list all the reasons why, but in the end, its yours and Dave's choice).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    The family member/neighbor/friend excuse has ALWAYS failed because 99.9% of the time it is BS. You're considered an accomplice at the very least. Our point is obvious, that excuse fails, and it's not even worthy of attention. That is just our policy.

Unfortunately, you're quite wrong on the outcome. By a very big margin I'd say if you thought being reinstated was even a possibility. Dave and I agree, Your 'brother' scammed, along with the user Tsuchiro, you were implicated so you share the same fate. If the original user who was scammed by Tsuchiro is refunded for the amount sent to your paypal, your account will be unbanned. Otherwise, ban stands. Your brother is henceforth banned from the site, any other accounts tied to your IP will be banned on the spot under that presumption. You are also not allowed in the marketplace again. Since we cannot be sure if you will attempt to make trades or use your history to get trades for your brother. I was also told by Dave that your 'brother' attempted to scam yet another user insisting his ban was a post ban. So apparently, little to no interest in his part towards your plea. If and when you refund the original person scammed and you provide evidence, your account will be restored.
    Last edited by Liz; 12-04-2014 at 03:24 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Mayion (11-23-2014),Zuhrain (11-28-2014)