My Mood
    Psychedelic

Angry Hmm, 4D1 shutting down.

fourDeltaOne pending shutdown - fourDeltaOne
    Lets hope this isn't a troll.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by NTAuthority View Post
    Hello, community.

Today is a very mad sad day. Why, you would ask? Well, as I am hereby announcing that fourDeltaOne, including its community forums and game services (which include IW4M, IW5M and the friends list support for Operation2) will likely be shut down sometime this season.

Again, you might wonder to yourself, 'why?' I could say it has multiple reasons. Firstly, as some might've seen by my responses to various topics on the forums, the entire community tends to be just completely retarded. Yes, that probably includes you. Secondly, the staff is disorganized, and nothing would be doable to fix this - almost all the good people that were around this community from aIW have gone on to greener pastures now, and the current staff is for the most part the best we can get over here.

As known, any update that changes the current games gets responses like 'why did you release the update????? the game was fine before!!!!!!111!!!!!!1111', 'our clips dont look elgit anymore this sux you suk and updates suk', 'my game crashes, fix it now or suffer' and 'the game is so bad now that it's modded'.

The latter part even is true. At least 95% of the populated servers running now on IW4M (and a similar sample on IW5M, I'd guess) are running a bad mod (iSnipe/'trickshot'/similar sniper rifle-oriented modifications primarily, but also mods that serve no purpose and are named 'team_deathmatch' for no reason take a part on this), only running a single map/'best maps' (which excludes 40% of the entire game's content) or otherwise configured in a way that, while the majority of the retarded players here seem to like it, forces everyone else to play on these servers too, due to normal servers never getting populated.

In fact, one of ATVI's own game 'environments' has even suffered the same fate: the 2010 title we all call 'T5' is only ever played on 'Nuketown', or with nothing but those damn useless sniper rifles. Proper modifications (like the port of the WaW 'Tank War' game mode, for instance) don't even get a chance on the game, and the most playable server ends up being 'knife/crossbow domination'... as even the regular servers don't run anything sensible!

Sadly the community for these games seems to be pretty much dying out, as shown by the people on the newer titles (Operation2 and in part IW5M) clearly showing a lower average intelligence than the already-low average - I'd actually say these games have brought very few to no actual worthwhile additions to the current active community member group. In fact, most of the current group shows 'little to no interest' in the titles provided by the community itself - which makes them highly prone to go elsewhere, and leave us with... nothing?

I want to prevent such a slow death paired with me going crazy... but at the same time I won't want to stop working on my current projects, as there's still a lot of goals to accomplish... even though I'm barely able to complete any of them with my short attention span and the lack of able developers to help out.

We had a few, certainly, but most of them either disappeared, got C&D'd or got angry at the time it took me to deploy updates; none of them ever bothered with any of my main project goals, however.

Anyway, in the best case for you people I'd just leave this community rotting a slow death, not caring about it anymore, except for restarting services, and just focusing development on my future advanced research projects, rather than the currently existing projects.

And, when they are done, the current projects will be shut down, and migrated to any ARP that might be similar. If any(one is still around by then).

Goodbye.
    "
    /DISCUSS
    Last edited by FnCPro; 07-23-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yup.
    But many people are blind or not reading the whole thing.
    He said most likely
    Yes, in bold.
    So unless the iSnipe and trickshot servers stop and will be replaced by standard gametypes and more maps, especially the ported singleplayer maps, fourDeltaOne will most likely shut down.

But NTA should just do it now, because he is giving an awesome FREE service to unthankfull kids, who can't even use proper English.
    As he said, the community is completely retarded. And I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by FnCPro View Post
    Lets hope this isn't a troll.
    Why hope it isn't a trol?
    You want 4D1 to be shut down?
    It was an awesome service, only the community...
    Last edited by silentNQQB; 07-24-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks
    I prefer alteriwnet than 4d1 so I don't care much about it anymore.

Thanks
    I just found out about 4D1... well we'll have to wait a few months for NTA to change his mind ... and what is your problem guys... there is servers to play and it is more than funny.... I love the game and I have no idea why you support closing 4D1... a awesome source of fun .. I have nothing to do with the forums.. I just came download play....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silentNQQB View Post
    Yup.
    He said most likely
    Yes, in bold.
    So unless the iSnipe and trickshot servers stop and will be replaced by standard gametypes and more maps, especially the ported singleplayer maps, fourDeltaOne will most likely shut down.

But NTA should just do it now, because he is giving an awesome FREE service to unthankfull kids, who can't even use proper English.

What doesn't make sense is, if you want to play for the games experience play on steam, I went to fourdeltaone so i could play isnipe and other mods. And i just made the switch and I'm loving it. I support keeping it open, for the people who went to fourdeltaone went for a reason.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Bye MW2

Editor - N/A
    Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013
    Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Here ends the legend of me; may I rest in peace.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    meant to say hope this is a troll.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrick123 View Post
    What doesn't make sense is, if you want to play for the games experience play on steam, I went to fourdeltaone so i could play isnipe and other mods. And i just made the switch and I'm loving it. I support keeping it open, for the people who went to fourdeltaone went for a reason.
    Ye, it really does not make sense, I agree with you.
    ---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FnCPro View Post
    meant to say hope this is a troll.
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrick123 View Post
    A lot of people who played aIW and then went on to 4D1, including myself did so just to have dedicated servers with minor mods like limited map rotations and shit like that. Not many people actually played the mods when aIW started up, and in it's peak maybe only 30-40% of the server were dedicated mod servers, most people played the normal playlist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by silentNQQB View Post
    Yup.
    He said most likely
    Yes, in bold.

You didnt read carefully, its not the game types, its the freaking community itselft, all full of retarded kids and spammers with complains, no one thanks them for the hard working, thats kinda letting down in my opinion...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thats, what I said...

Anyways, 4D1 died.
    Well, the forum says it's dead, the service is still playable for know.
    But who knows what might happen, it's still not officially closed so this still could be a troll.