I need help on checking some of these easy word problems. I need someone to help teach me the STEP-BY-STEP process of solving each of these word problems because I want to confirm that my answers are correct. Please help!
1) 3 and a half pounds of cheese cost $1.68. How much willl 2 and a half pounds of cost?
2) A square has a perimeter of 80cm. What is the area?
3) The legs of a right triangle measure 20cm and 21cm. What is the length of the hypotenuse?
4) The hypotenuse of a right triangle measures 25cm. A leg of the triangle measures 15cm. What is the area of the triangle?
5) A box contains 25 slips of paper, numbered 1 to 25. What is the probability that one will randomly select a number that is divisible by both 5 and 9?
6) When a number is added to 30, the result will be -20. What is the #?
7) What is the lowest 4-digit number divisible by both 5 and 9?
8) At a oil sale, a gallon of oil was discounted 24%. If the sale price of a gallon is $9.50, what was the original price?
9) In a competition, 2 out of every 7 students received a medal. If 26 medals were given, how many students participated in the contest?
10) What is the lowest two-digit number that gives a remainder of 1 when divided by 2,3,4, or 5?