Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Constant Crashes

So after the last patch my game hangs almost every 1 -2 games on the loading map screen when I start a game. Any solutions for this? Does someone knows what causes this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    What's your vmem percent after 1-2 games? Because mine has gone up from 30-40% (after 2-3 hours of constant playing) to 50% after 1 game. That might be causing the hang (and crash?)

If it's super high, like 80% or higher, this thread might have a solution: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/....php?t=2339377

All it does is increase the vmem the AVA process is allowed.
    AVA IGN: NutVBanned

Current releases:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Friend, update your video card drivers and Windows update only critical. Change your resolution play mode.
    I have display "32 and nVidia card, only use my video settings 800x600, low quality, no crash.
    If problem continue, post your error message here. Good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by asqapro View Post
    What's your vmem percent after 1-2 games? Because mine has gone up from 30-40% (after 2-3 hours of constant playing) to 50% after 1 game. That might be causing the hang (and crash?)

If it's super high, like 80% or higher, this thread might have a solution: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/....php?t=2339377

All it does is increase the vmem the AVA process is allowed.
    I didn't checked the VMem as I use a i7 machine with Intel HD 4400 graphics and 8Gb RAM lol. Need to check that one! Thanks!

Btw: If i change that thing on CMD will it affect my pc in any way? Cuz I'm too lazy to check the Vmem every game lol. Just want to set that thing right away on the cmd.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher54 View Post
    Friend, update your video card drivers and Windows update only critical. Change your resolution play mode.
    I have display "32 and nVidia card, only use my video settings 800x600, low quality, no crash.
    If problem continue, post your error message here. Good luck
    I doubt I need any of those and play on low resolution -_- ? Lol i7 and Intel HD no need for 800x600. This just started to happen after the last patch update.
    Last edited by yucheng0801; 09-15-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think it will just affect ava for that one launch. You'll have to do it again every time you launch AVA I think. Don't quote me on that though.

If you want, I can make a batch file later to launch AVA and set the command line so you don't have to every time you launch.

Edit: I would do it now, but I'm in class for ~1 hour.

Current releases:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    In the last update the game got capacity x 3. From 2.4 gb to 6.3 gb. And the area graph is heavily modified.
    I also have a Intel i7 and still play in 800x600, I see much larger monkeys and get to 200 fps without problems.
    The PC can be good, but the Aeria server is not the best, I think. You can try making a defrag of your hard drive. Maybe that helps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I think it will just affect ava for that one launch. You'll have to do it again every time you launch AVA I think. Don't quote me on that though.

If you want, I can make a batch file later to launch AVA and set the command line so you don't have to every time you launch.

Edit: I would do it now, but I'm in class for ~1 hour.
    After 1st game Vmem gets to 49% and then on next game hangs. Going to try the cmd method . Btw thanks! Really nice of yours Will be very helpful

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by yucheng0801 View Post
    After 1st game Vmem gets to 49% and then on next game hangs. Going to try the cmd method . Btw thanks! Really nice of yours Will be very helpful
    Ok, so I looked into it a bit to make sure it was safe and to see how it worked, and here's what I found out (condensed version):
    • Windows Vista and 7 (which have 4 gigs of ram available) dedicate 2 gigs to the system (drivers, video card, w/e else) and 2 to the programs (like AVA)
    • I could not find anything that said systems with 8 gigs dedicated it half and half (4 gigs to each) the same as 4gigs, but from what I've read, I'm assuming not
    • You can use the command line (make sure to run as administrator) to change it using the command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 4000" (without the quotes)
    • That will dedicate 4 gigs of ram to the programs, which leaves 4 gigs to the system. You can change the number to anything below 8000 (8 gigs), but it's not a good idea to even come close to it (otherwise you might encounter issue with your video card and other things)
    • Once you set it, you have to restart your computer for it to take effect. You can undo it "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa" (no quotations), then reset your computer for it to take effect.

I don't know for sure it will fix the hang/ crash, but other people have had similar problems in other games and this helped.

Current releases:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ok, so I looked into it a bit to make sure it was safe and to see how it worked, and here's what I found out (condensed version):
    • Windows Vista and 7 (which have 4 gigs of ram available) dedicate 2 gigs to the system (drivers, video card, w/e else) and 2 to the programs (like AVA)
    • I could not find anything that said systems with 8 gigs dedicated it half and half (4 gigs to each) the same as 4gigs, but from what I've read, I'm assuming not
    • You can use the command line (make sure to run as administrator) to change it using the command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 4000" (without the quotes)
    • That will dedicate 4 gigs of ram to the programs, which leaves 4 gigs to the system. You can change the number to anything below 8000 (8 gigs), but it's not a good idea to even come close to it (otherwise you might encounter issue with your video card and other things)
    • Once you set it, you have to restart your computer for it to take effect. You can undo it "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa" (no quotations), then reset your computer for it to take effect.

I don't know for sure it will fix the hang/ crash, but other people have had similar problems in other games and this helped.
    Mmmm didn't worked. Did all steps still hangs. Not sure if info: OS win 8.1 x64 will help out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Mmmm didn't worked. Did all steps still hangs. Not sure if info: OS win 8.1 x64 will help out.
    I'm not sure then, it should work the same on Win 8, based on my skimming of the docs.
    How long have you let it hang?

Current releases:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I'm not sure then, it should work the same on Win 8, based on my skimming of the docs.
    How long have you let it hang?
    The fisrt time it hanged I let it like 2 minutos on the loading grey screen. Now when it hangs I close it right away with Task Manager. It says AVA Not Responding. Let me leave the hang and see what it happens. Ill post back

EDIT: It hangs on "connecting to game". I left it there about 5 minutes still in the same screen.
    Last edited by yucheng0801; 09-16-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    The fisrt time it hanged I let it like 2 minutos on the loading grey screen. Now when it hangs I close it right away with Task Manager. It says AVA Not Responding. Let me leave the hang and see what it happens. Ill post back

EDIT: It hangs on "connecting to game". I left it there about 5 minutes still in the same screen.
    I've had something similar happen, but eventually it would connect for me if I left it long enough. I'm not sure what the problem is at this point. You might want to post in the Technical Help section of the Aeria AVA forums to see if a GS or a player with more knowledge about the game than me might help.

I'll keep looking into possible solutions in the meantime, and I'll post back here if I find anything (so if anyone else experiences the problem they can see the fix). Good luck!

Current releases:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asqapro For This Useful Post:

punisher54 (09-16-2014),yucheng0801 (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I've had something similar happen, but eventually it would connect for me if I left it long enough. I'm not sure what the problem is at this point. You might want to post in the Technical Help section of the Aeria AVA forums to see if a GS or a player with more knowledge about the game than me might help.

I'll keep looking into possible solutions in the meantime, and I'll post back here if I find anything (so if anyone else experiences the problem they can see the fix). Good luck!
    Ok. Thanks a lot! I'll be looking forward to what you find out.