Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah

    Creating text for GSC modding

    I have experienced that a lot of people are having problems getting their text to work, so i decided to make a tutorial. I know this is pretty, pretty stupid but then people can submit there problems here. I have seen 5 threads or something like that about text the last month...

    There are multiple types of text. They should all be placed in your doDvars() which should be self threaded in the onPlayerSpawned.

    One line of text like the text in the beginning of every match:
    Code:
    self iPrintlnBold("Text");
    Replace Text with your text.

    Typewriter text in the middle of the screen:
    Code:
    self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("Text");
    Again, replace Text with your text.

    3 lines of text like the first one
    Code:
    notifyData = spawnstruct();
    notifyData.titleText = "Text"; //Line 1
    notifyData.notifyText = "Text"; //Line 2
    notifyData.notifyText2 = "Text"; //Line 3
    notifyData.glowColor = (0.3, 0.6, 0.3); //RGB Color array divided by 100
    self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::notifyMessage( notifyData );
    Replace Text with you text. The first line is a title, it is bigger, the rest is smaller. You can add or remove lines. Line 4 sould be:
    Code:
    notifyData.notifyText3 = "Text"; //Line 4
    And so on


    I can't believe i had to write this but now you Unverified users and Leechers can ask about stuff related to text here. Not anything else, only text. Send me a PM or contact me via Skype if there are something else you need help with.




    The lines in my Steam are i's

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

    Larity2056 (04-20-2012)

  3. #2
    Jorndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,674
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    18,543
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    I have experienced that a lot of people are having problems getting their text to work, so i decided to make a tutorial. I know this is pretty, pretty stupid but then people can submit there problems here. I have seen 5 threads or something like that about text the last month...

    There are multiple types of text. They should all be placed in your doDvars() which should be self threaded in the onPlayerSpawned.

    One line of text like the text in the beginning of every match:
    Code:
    self iPrintlnBold("Text");
    Replace Text with your text.

    Typewriter text in the middle of the screen:
    Code:
    self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("Text");
    Again, replace Text with your text.

    3 lines of text like the first one
    Code:
    notifyData = spawnstruct();
    notifyData.titleText = "Text"; //Line 1
    notifyData.notifyText = "Text"; //Line 2
    notifyData.notifyText2 = "Text"; //Line 3
    notifyData.glowColor = (0.3, 0.6, 0.3); //RGB Color array divided by 100
    self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::notifyMessage( notifyData );
    Replace Text with you text. The first line is a title, it is bigger, the rest is smaller. You can add or remove lines. Line 4 sould be:
    Code:
    notifyData.notifyText3 = "Text"; //Line 4
    And so on


    I can't believe i had to write this but now you Unverified users and Leechers can ask about stuff related to text here. Not anything else, only text. Send me a PM or contact me via Skype if there are something else you need help with.


    It is a nice tut.

    But this have allready been posted....

    :Here:

     
    Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

  4. #3
    Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between Equator and The North Pole
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    913
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by jorndel View Post
    It is a nice tut.

    But this have allready been posted....

    :Here:
    Hehe, i know but people doesn't seem to understand it or they are not able to find it.
    I leaned all i know from that post and a few others and from looking in other peoples mods. You learn a lot just by trying to understand how other advanced mod works.

    Sry for offtopic just a indirect tip, heh.


    The lines in my Steam are i's

  5. #4
    Jorndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,674
    Reputation
    905
    Thanks
    18,543
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    Hehe, i know but people doesn't seem to understand it or they are not able to find it.
    I leaned all i know from that post and a few others and from looking in other peoples mods. You learn a lot just by trying to understand how other advanced mod works.

    Sry for offtopic just a indirect tip, heh.
    Well, thats not a problem.

    My skills is also self learned.

    I Think I just got help with like max 10-15 functions.

    So some learn faster and better then others....

    thats how the wrold is

     
    Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A