-->How to make a Dedicated Server for IW4M<--
All credits go to napsterlove for making this tutorial on the FourDeltaOne Forum
His profile can be found here
The original tutorial can be found here
1. Download The Dedicated Server Update Tool: HERE
2. Put it in your IW4 Location and run dsut.exe before you continue so you can download the relevant files.
--> Normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\a popular FPS series IW4\
3. Go into the \main\ folder and create a new file called "server.cfg"
4. Open up server.cfg with notepad. Copy all of the code from this page (ctrl + A , ctrl +C) HERE, and paste it on your server.cfg file that you just opened up.
--> Or, if you want to skip step 3 and 4, just download this server.cfg.
--> Don't forget to change the map rotation
--> Make sure you have the DLC maps or remove them from the rotation
5. Rename iw4m.dat to iw4m.exe
6. Create a shortcut of iw4m.exe and right click the shortcut, select properties and paste this line at the end of the target line.
you can add -console if you like the traditional console window. Keep in mind that there might be some minor issues while using -console
-dedicated +set party_maxplayers 18 +set net_port 28961 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate
7. Port forward any port you put in "+set net_port <port>"
--> 28960 is the default
--> Make sure you port forward on the computer/server as well as on the router or gateway
--> Make sure to portforward with both UDP and TCP or else you will have problems
8. Run the shortcut and away you go!
Check and see if you server made it on list by visiting here: fourdeltaone.iw4msl
Cant connect to your own server? Cant see it in the browser list?
--> To connect you will need to goto console and type ''connect <your local ip : port>" <--
without a space between
then hit enter.
your local ip : port
--> An example would be "connect 192.168.2.6:28961"
--> 127.0.0.1 will not work.
If you found this useful, Please give me a 'Thanks'
It will be very appreciated, even though I did not make this tutorial myself, I did take the effort to copy and paste it onto here to help you guys out aswell.