this is my first try in creating a mod, so don't kill me if you find bugs
(although i think i eliminated them all). Now to the mod:
First of all, credits to Wookie Man and Khcastro, for the basic concept of mw2 gungame ( if you look through my code though, there's not much left over of it )
I wanted a simple GunGame with a few easy customizable settings, like in CS. So here are the features:
- Skips everything, you'll spawn directly into the game (classchanging deactivated, since its needless in gg)
- Rules and current settings will display by pressing "f"
- You have two displays: One for the leading player (and what level he is on), and one to show your progress in leveling (current kills, current level)
- Killcam, weapon-dropping disabled
- Killstreaks are UAV and Predator ( killstreaks are not set in the playerdata, so they will be what they were before when a player leaves the gungame)
You can change them like you want of course.
[Average Level when player connects: Players joining mid game, won't have to start on the first level, but will get the average level of the game.
This basically works, but is commented out as of now, since it creates a little bug ]
Customizable settings (all easily changeable in the initGame() thread):
- Spawn Protection: set how long players are spawn protected ( countdown timer included of course )
- Knife-Stealing: Enable/Disable it. When enabled youre knifed victim will loose a level, and you will gain one.
- Suicide-punishment: Enable/Disable it. When enabled, players will loose a level on Suicide (that incldes falling).
- Objective leveling: Enable/Disable it. When enabled, players will get a Level-Up for capturing (flag or domination), planting and defusing.
- Ammo On Kill: Enable/Disable it. When enabled, players will get extra Ammo on a kill (goes to the clip, so players wont have to reload after a kill)
You can also set the amount of extra ammo a player gets on a kill.
- Kills per level: Simply set how many kills are needed for a level up.
- Weapon list (of course): change the number of levels, and what weapon appears in each level.
- Restricted Levels: You can set levels, in which Knife-Stealing won't work. This is to prevent players from skipping a level through knifing
(e.g if you want someone to do the semtex level by killing people with the semtex, instead of just knifing someone)
You can also set special perks for restricted levels, and you can set the start ammo, and ammo on kill for restricted levels
seperated from the settings for "normal" levels.
- Knife-Only-Level: You can set knife only levels. In this levels players will only be able to use the knife. Also Players on knife levels
cannot steal levels, but will always loose a level when knifed (even when the attacker was in restricted level). I made it this way
since knife-levels usually are the last ones.
- Knife Damage: By default, knifing is no instant (making it more like in cs). You can set the knife damage to any value you want .
- Starting Level: If you don't want to modify your individual Level-List, you can change the level players start on.
Missing (as of now): Final Killcam.
The Mod should work in any GameMode (tested are : FFA,TDM,DOM,CTF,DEM).
If you're on steam, host a Ground War, then press "N" for 18-Player Free-For-All GunGame. If you're on alteriw, you know how to do what you want .
That was it
download the attachement:
if you're on steam:
download classicgungame-steam.rar. extract the files to your modloader folder,
and load the mod
else if you're on alteriw :
download the classicgungame.iwd.zip, rename it to classicgungame.iwd and put it into a "mods" folder, located in your alteriw mw2 installation folder.
Then start a game, switch to console, type "fs_game mods/classicgungame;vid_restart". Go to Mod pit and host the mod.
(use search function on how to get host)