Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Sharp1337X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Confused

    Hello, New here, Need some help..

    Hello! New to the Forums! :]

    So to get straight to the point, I need some help with modding :/
    I don't know where to start.. I have SOME programming language..
    Loops, Variables etc.

    I already read the GSC scripting basics..
    But, I remain with one question :S

    So I obviously want to start making my very own mod, I saw lots of mods out here, and looked into the code to learn something from them..
    I noticed console commands etc. I get all that.. But, what file do I have to start working in? Like.. How would I be able to enable Lasers easily?

    I know this should work (Due the fact I tested it in a mod):
    Code:
    doLasers()
    {
              self endon ( "disconnect" );
              self endon ( "death" );
              self setClientDvar("laserForceOn", 1);
    }
    Then above that
    Code:
    init()
    {
              self thread doLasers()
    }
    But where would I be putting this..?
    I can't just make a random file and put this in, now can I?

    Please help :] Thanks

    (Also, if there's a link to a Tutorial or something, I appreciate it)

  2. #2
    rathynia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Modern Warfare 2 Section.
    Posts
    458
    Reputation
    126
    Thanks
    537
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
    Hello! New to the Forums! :]

    So to get straight to the point, I need some help with modding :/
    I don't know where to start.. I have SOME programming language..
    Loops, Variables etc.

    I already read the GSC scripting basics..
    But, I remain with one question :S

    So I obviously want to start making my very own mod, I saw lots of mods out here, and looked into the code to learn something from them..
    I noticed console commands etc. I get all that.. But, what file do I have to start working in? Like.. How would I be able to enable Lasers easily?

    I know this should work (Due the fact I tested it in a mod):
    Code:
    doLasers()
    {
              self endon ( "disconnect" );
              self endon ( "death" );
              self setClientDvar("laserForceOn", 1);
    }
    Then above that
    Code:
    init()
    {
              self thread doLasers()
    }
    But where would I be putting this..?
    I can't just make a random file and put this in, now can I?

    Please help :] Thanks

    (Also, if there's a link to a Tutorial or something, I appreciate it)
    Yes actually you can place the
    Code:
    doLasers()
    File about inti() and it should automatically run it no need to add the doLasers(); into the inti.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to rathynia For This Useful Post:

    Sharp1337X (08-14-2010)

  4. #3
    Threadstarter
    Unverified User
    Sharp1337X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by rathynia View Post
    Yes actually you can place the
    Code:
    doLasers()
    File about inti() and it should automatically run it no need to add the doLasers(); into the inti.
    Well, but in what GSC would I put thi, I mean, I got all paths setup:
    Test<-modname/map/mp/gametypes
    /killstreaks
    /perks
    etc.

    But I don't have any .GSCs obviously, is there a Base I need to work on?

  5. #4
    Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9,055
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,997
    Well I made a little tutorial for basic mod you can look at here.
    And for a clean _rank.gsc to work on a mod get that HERE
    Insane
    Ex Middleman
    [
    PM|VM]
    |x|x|x|x|x|x|x|



    Quote Originally Posted by Boombox View Post
    Shut the fuck up insane you pussy bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Shut the fuck up kid, everything that comes out of your mouth sounds retarded as fuck.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Insane For This Useful Post:

    Sharp1337X (08-14-2010)

  7. #5
    Threadstarter
    Unverified User
    Sharp1337X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Well I made a little tutorial for basic mod you can look at here.
    And for a clean _rank.gsc to work on a mod get that HERE
    So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
    So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.

    SORRY! I CAN'T FIND THE EDIT BUTTON!

    Anyway, I already know how to use mods in-game..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp1337X View Post
    So basically, I have to start modding in _rank.gsc. Thanks for the files btw, I will look into it.




    SORRY! I CAN'T FIND THE EDIT BUTTON!

    Anyway, I already know how to use mods in-game..

    EDIT:
    Never mind.. I think I found the "Edit" Button :]
    Last edited by Sharp1337X; 08-14-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED]hey guys i am new here =) need help with aimbot hack
    By Angelnando in forum CrossFire Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 06:50 AM
  2. New here. Need help :(
    By Slide in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 05:04 PM
  3. Hello! Need some help here!
    By Rossvelt in forum Battlefield Heroes Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
  4. ^Hello I need some help
    By Dark_fail in forum Combat Arms Europe Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 07:14 PM
  5. Need some help over here
    By mlb1343 in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 07:57 PM