Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    D-Vid the DBag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Lurking

    [HELP] Kotentopf's Base

    Okay...
    I have gotten through this base pretty well on my own, I have learned about 95% of this base, and I understand the code, and what it all does. The one thing I am not understanding, however, is what could cause me to crash in 2 mins. I have tried everything I could think of to get this damn base to not D/C in 2 mins, but it still continues to do so.

    I have commented out the PTC Method and the commands, and that stops the menu from D/Cing before the login screen, but still makes it D/C after 2 mins of being in-game.

    I can't help but think it has something to do with the hook, but if it is the hook, you would think that the menu would NOT show up at all...
    Which, as of the menu, it shows up when I am NOT in a game, but when I am IN a game, it doesn't show up.

    I know about the IsInGame(); function, and I am not trying to implement that yet, until I get this damn menu to work without any D/C.

    So, if anyone could either explain to me what is going on here, or at least tell me a way to stop it from D/Cing, that would be very helpful. I will +REP and Thank anyone who actually gives me a straight answer.

    I don't need a spoonful of code, or anything like that. Just a simple explanation, so that I can possibly understand what the problem is here.

    If you require any bits of the source to help me solve my problem, then post here and tell me, and I will PM you the bits you may need to help me with this.


  2. #2
    kotentopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    251
    Comment out the Memory Hacks, post the result
    The Internet SHOULD Be Illegal

    When you say
    "Java is a great programming language because it works on all platforms"
    it is just like
    "anal sex is great because it works on all genders"

    Are YOU a Troll?

  3. #3
    whit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,170
    Reputation
    490
    Thanks
    2,252
    @kotentopf Released a Base ?

  4. #4
    kotentopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post
    @kotentopf Released a Base ?
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/207-combat...opfs-base.html

    very old, need some updates ^^
    The Internet SHOULD Be Illegal

    When you say
    "Java is a great programming language because it works on all platforms"
    it is just like
    "anal sex is great because it works on all genders"

    Are YOU a Troll?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kotentopf For This Useful Post:

    whit (03-03-2011)

  6. #5
    LionelMessi10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH.NET
    Posts
    6,125
    Reputation
    114
    Thanks
    4,545
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Aff Nice wallhack _-_

  7. #6
    D-Vid the DBag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by kotentopf View Post
    Comment out the Memory Hacks, post the result
    Well, @kotentopf, the thing is... There's NO memory hacks on there. I haven't even started with that yet.
    I got the one you posted on G-Sys, and I just have been trying to get the base to work without D/Cing before even putting anything INTO it.

    • NO memory hacks are in there.
    • PTC method AND PTC commands are all commented out.


  8. #7
    kotentopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Vid the DBag View Post


    Well, @kotentopf, the thing is... There's NO memory hacks on there. I haven't even started with that yet.
    I got the one you posted on G-Sys, and I just have been trying to get the base to work without D/Cing before even putting anything INTO it.

    • NO memory hacks are in there.
    • PTC method AND PTC commands are all commented out.
    thats the public detours
    this can be the point of crash
    The Internet SHOULD Be Illegal

    When you say
    "Java is a great programming language because it works on all platforms"
    it is just like
    "anal sex is great because it works on all genders"

    Are YOU a Troll?

  9. #8
    D-Vid the DBag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by kotentopf View Post
    thats the public detours
    this can be the point of crash
    Okay, well... If I am reading you correctly, you're saying that the detour you're using may be the reason for the 2 min crash?

    Here's the Detour:
    [highlight=c++]
    //===============================================
    //=============Create the Detours================
    //===============find out ur self================
    //===============================================

    void *cD3D:etourCreate(BYTE *src, const BYTE *dst, const int len)
    {
    BYTE *jmp = (BYTE*)malloc(len+5);
    DWORD dwBack;

    VirtualProtect(src, len, PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE, &dwBack);
    memcpy(jmp, src, len);
    jmp += len;
    jmp[0] = 0xE9;
    *(DWORD*)(jmp+1) = (DWORD)(src+len - jmp) - 5;
    src[0] = 0xE9;
    *(DWORD*)(src+1) = (DWORD)(dst - src) - 5;
    for (int i=5; i<len; i++) src[i]=0x90;
    VirtualProtect(src, len, dwBack, &dwBack);

    return (jmp-len);
    }
    [/highlight]

    Here's the hook:
    [highlight=c++]
    //===============================================
    //=================The Hook===xD=================
    //===============================================

    void cD3D::Hook()
    {
    pReset = (oReset)D3D.DetourCreate(( PBYTE )Hack.Voids.VTable(16), ( PBYTE )Reset, 5 );
    pPresent = (oPresent)D3D.DetourCreate(( PBYTE )Hack.Voids.VTable(17), ( PBYTE )Present, 5 );
    }
    [/highlight]

    and here's the VTable:
    [highlight=C++]
    //===============================================
    //=========VTable Hook, find out ur self=========
    //===============================================

    DWORD cVoids::VTable(int index)
    {
    DWORD* devicePtr = 0;

    DWORD hD3D9 = NULL;

    while(hD3D9 == NULL){
    Sleep(100);
    try
    {
    hD3D9 = (DWORD)GetModuleHandle(L"d3d9.dll");}
    catch(...)
    {
    hD3D9 = NULL;
    }}

    DWORD addy = FindPattern(hD3D9, 0x1280000, (PBYTE)"\xC7\x06\x00\x00\x00\x00\x89\x86\x00\x00\x 00\x00\x89\x86", "xx????xx????xx");
    Hack.Voids.HEXMemory(&devicePtr, (void*)(addy+2), 4);

    if(devicePtr == NULL){
    return 0;}

    return devicePtr[index];

    }
    [/highlight]

    I don't know if what you're saying is that these are the main cause of the D/C, but if so, could you please explain how to fix it?

    EDIT: These are EXACTLY as you had them from the base I downloaded. I did NOT make ANY changes to ANYTHING in the base, other than commenting out the PTC stuff, to see if maybe that was the cause of the original D/C before I got to the login. Which resulted in the problem I have now, where it works for about 2 mins and then the game crashes.

    EDIT2: #91; is [
    Last edited by D-Vid the DBag; 03-03-2011 at 12:16 PM.


  10. #9
    Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,362
    Reputation
    112
    Thanks
    3,781
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Vid the DBag View Post

    Okay, well... If I am reading you correctly, you're saying that the detour you're using may be the reason for the 2 min crash?

    Here's the Detour:
    Here's the hook:
    and here's the VTable:
    I don't know if what you're saying is that these are the main cause of the D/C, but if so, could you please explain how to fix it?

    EDIT: These are EXACTLY as you had them from the base I downloaded. I did NOT make ANY changes to ANYTHING in the base, other than commenting out the PTC stuff, to see if maybe that was the cause of the original D/C before I got to the login. Which resulted in the problem I have now, where it works for about 2 mins and then the game crashes.

    EDIT2: #91; is [

    you know his base is supposed to be in unicode right? (L"d3d9.dll") < good pointer

    i found that out when i tried to replace his detours with the updated ones for gellins base, which failed BTW so dont bother LOL
    Last edited by Grim; 03-03-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Want to see my programs?
    \/ CLICK IT BITCHES \/

  11. #10
    whit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,170
    Reputation
    490
    Thanks
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post

    you know his base is supposed to be in unicode right? (L"d3d9.dll") < good pointer

    i found that out when i tried to replace his detours with the updated ones for gellins base, which failed BTW so dont bother LOL
    What would Unicode have to do with the Detour ?

  12. #11
    Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,362
    Reputation
    112
    Thanks
    3,781
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post

    What would Unicode have to do with the Detour ?
    it fucked me up.. i still haven't gotten it to work properly, but when i tried using the updated detours from gellins, i switched it to multibyte, and it dc'd fast as hell.. with it as unicode, i could get through half a game
    Last edited by Grim; 03-03-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Want to see my programs?
    \/ CLICK IT BITCHES \/

  13. #12
    Nubzgetkillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hacktown
    Posts
    838
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    411
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post

    you know his base is supposed to be in unicode right? (L"d3d9.dll") < good pointer

    i found that out when i tried to replace his detours with the updated ones for gellins base, which failed BTW so dont bother LOL
    It doesn't have to be unicode.. easy convert anyways lol... L"d3d9.dll"
    Just change to
    GetModuleHandleA("d3d9.dll")

    Member since September 25, 2010

    Current Objectives:
    • Graduate college with a degree in Computer Science
    • Find a decent job in the Computer Science Field
    • Learn more programming languages

    Looking for Elo Boosting Job - League of Legends
    Looking for Bronze -> Gold Jobs


    Skype: whatthedream

  14. #13
    whit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,170
    Reputation
    490
    Thanks
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post


    it fucked me up.. i still haven't gotten it to work properly, but when i tried using the updated detours from gellins, i switched it to multibyte, and it dc'd fast as hell.. with it as unicode, i could get through half a game
    Hmm wierd..
    I wouldnt think Unicode or Ascii would have anything to do with the crash

  15. #14
    kotentopf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post


    Hmm wierd..
    I wouldnt think Unicode or Ascii would have anything to do with the crash
    it not have to do something with crash..
    The Internet SHOULD Be Illegal

    When you say
    "Java is a great programming language because it works on all platforms"
    it is just like
    "anal sex is great because it works on all genders"

    Are YOU a Troll?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to kotentopf For This Useful Post:

    Grim (03-04-2011)

  17. #15
    NOOBJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in NOOB
    Posts
    1,426
    Reputation
    112
    Thanks
    693
    D-Vid, i can help you with his base. I got it working when i saw this thread. i have like 55 bases that people have released in the past and i learned off of everyone of them. It helps
    Last edited by NOOBJr; 03-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast