Most of these details are from the game’s official forum. Treyarch’s developer Vahn (aka David Vonderhaar), the multiplayer designer director for the upcoming game, posted some juicy informations. Thanks to these informations we can imagine a bit more what Call of duty 7: Black Ops will look like.
One of the main messages is that Treyarch pays great attention to its community’s comments. Vahn said they read each comment posted on the forum. The game should then be more rounded than MW2 and should get a lot of inspiration from Infinity Ward’s work. They will then avoid the noticed mistakes MW2 did which are discussed on the forum.
“I am seeing a lot of what I would call the “echo plex.” As fans of the previous games, we have drawn a lot of the same conclusions that many of you are drawing. Solutions to those problems may be different than any specific proposal in any specific post, but I’m glad we (generally speaking) want to go the same direction you want us to go.” said Vahn.
Here are some points we can expect to see in COD7: Black Ops:
- More complicated creation of class: more details, custom killstreaks for each class
- Killstreacks stack and carry over if you die, but do not contribute to further killstreaks (eliminating the “camping for killstreaks” problem of MW2)
- Commando and the extended melee range perk of MW2 should not be back
- No Senty Gun killstreak
- Pistols might be the only available sidearm, or perhaps with launchers. They said that shotguns as secondary weapons gave too much “firepower” to the gamer
- They evoked knifes as secondary weapons
- Nuke won’t return as a killstreak: Vahn explained that game-ending killstreak sucks
COD7 arrive in 2010 November......maybe...i look at CallOfDuty WikiPedia
"Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."-Mitch Albom
listen dudes. it will be such as cod mw2 but more reallistic. some weapons cannot be fired when walking, staying. character for cod7 singleplayer wil be some guy 19 years old, colonel, black face. weapons will carry more damage (like m4 carbin) will have 82% damage, what is really reallistic. and 2. i will buy it 2
It seems thay all they are tryin' to do is fix up all the problems of MW2 and "improve". You can do that for a sequel but for another game in the series I don't think hardcore MW2 fans will be that happy. As they get habitatual when they find a good game, and reject most changes to their gameplay (DLC).