Thanks

Facts and info [FROM STEAM]

FACTS & INFORMATION ABOUT BLACK OPS
    hi folks,

so, i see every day more and more topics, which are pretty similar.

Before you start to read, here's the contents:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * When is the release of BlackOps?
    * What are the minimum requirements of Call of Duty: BlackOps?
    * The 11/09/2010 is pretty soon. Why i cant preorder BlackOps on Steam? (Updated)
    * Do i need Steam for playing BlackOps?
    * Which kind of Editions will be available, of BlackOps?
    * Here are the official informations of BlackOps
    * Review of the closed Beta of BlackOps
    * The hidden Site of the zombie-mode, by Treyarch
    * 2 Trailers about customization & the multiplayer *UPDATED - 2 new Videos*
    * Informations about Dedicated Servers and their provider
    * Whats the price for the Servers at gameservers.com?
    * Another details to the rented dedicated servers + a video Interview about the servers
    * Where to get retails-versions of BlackOps which are uncut?*NEW* (ACTIVATION-INFO ADDED)
    * Killstreaks! *A Spoiler-Information. So, ATTENTION!*
    * VAC and Steam-Cloud. And (SPOILER ALERT) the possible Achievements?
    * Preload? *AVAILABLE NOW!
    * Update 10/30/2010:Cut and Uncut differences (German Version - maybe japanese too, idk)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here, some facts & informations about BlackOps:

When is the release of BlackOps?

the official release date of BO is: 11/09/2010
    and you can be sure, they dont change the date. Its Activision and not Blizzard or something like that.

What are the minimum requirements of Call of Duty: BlackOps?

Here are the official:
    (confirmed by JD_2020 (Josh Olin, Treyarch Community Manager)

* Processor:Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
    * Memory: 2GB
    * HDD:12GB**
    * Video: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
    * Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    * DirectX: 9.0c

The 11/09/2010 is pretty soon. Why i cant preorder BlackOps on Steam?

UPDATE: BlackOps got Gold - Preordering possible!

Do i need Steam for playing BlackOps?

Short: yes!
    Activision confirmed, that BlackOps will be exclsive running with Steam. That means of course NOT: that you only can buy the Game on Steam.
    BUT: You need Steam and a Account (or you create one, if you bought BlackOps). Mainly, its the same princip like on MW2.
    BlackOps will be installed and ONLY playable via your steamclient.

Which kind of Editions will be available, of BlackOps?

Mainly there are 3 different Editions:

The Standard-Edition: It includes the Game & the game-book, delivered in a normal DVD-Case

The Hardened-Edition includes: The Game, a limited collectors medal of BLackOps, a special avatar-suite for your XBOX or PS3 character and 4 exclusive Coop-Maps (imo, this maps should be released pretty soon after the official release of BlackOps). This all will be delivered in a Steel-Book-Case.

The Prestige-Edition includes: all of the Hardened-Edition PLUS: a real remote-control vehicle. Whis thing is just fckng amazing
    But more informations you will get here:
    Official BlackOps Site

Quote:
    !LITTLE EDIT!
    Which Edition is for which System available:
    Standard-Edition: PC/PS3/XBOX360
    Hardened-Edition: PS3/XBOX360
    Prestige-Edition: PS3/XBOX360

(the standard edition will be also available for Wii & Nintendo DS(i) - but well... this kind of "standard-editions" are not the "standard" what we want )
    Here are the official informations of BlackOps:

Quote:

- Earn in-game COD Points that work like currency to purchase equipment, attachments, perks, and new customization options. This gives you the freedom to purchase what you want, when you want.

- All new Killstreaks such as Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters.

- Put your COD Points on the line with all-new Wager Matches. Compete for one of the top three spots in four custom game modes that test your nerves and weapon skills.
    - Customize the look of your soldiers with a variety of face paints, gun camos, and equipment options.

- Use the brand new Theater Mode to show off your most epic kills. Edit and upload gameplay videos for the world to see what you're made of.

- Jump into Combat Training and hone your tactics offline against A.I. bots in both Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch game modes.

- ZOMBIES RETURN! The fan favorite co-op mode made famous in Call of Duty: World at War is back as you and up to 3 friends use a multitude weapons to fend off endless waves of blood-thirsty Zombies. Fight to survive in one of the most thrilling and critically-acclaimed co-op experiences in gaming. Stay tuned as the mystery behind Zombies unravels...

- Combat Training allows you to play against enemy controlled AI with your friends, online and split-screen.

source

And here a review by a person, who got invited into the (VERY, VERY) closed Beta of BlackOps:

Quote:
    My impression of Black Ops Multiplayer

Recently I was allowed to join the closed beta for Black Ops MP on Xbox 360, and with it ending today, I’m going to share my impressions as well as a few facts possibly not known by some.

First I have to say when I saw the reveal trailer months ago I felt nothing but disappointment, thinking that this game was nothing but a Modern Warfare 2 ripoff, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. While the game does borrow many things from MW 2, it is far from a clone.

Initially the beta only featured DM and TDM; not really my preferred gametypes, but what the hell. Right off the bat the thing I noticed is the maps are huge compared to MW 2 maps. The average MW 2 map is just big enough to not be able to throw a grenade from your spawn into the enemy spawn. The 4 maps in the beta (Cracked, Launch, Radiation, Summit) are amazingly highly detailed and made for some awesome gameplay.

Cracked
    “Cracked” is a heavily battle damaged city with tons of cover & hiding places. It’s one of the larger of the 4 maps, yet still maintains a perfect 60fps at all times. Great for SD (search & destroy) and DEM (demolition).

Launch
    “Launch” may be the most visually stunning Call of Duty map ever made; to call it “highly detailed” doesn’t even do it justice. The entire map takes place on a huge launch pad of a rocket, which eventually takes off during the round, deafening anyone near it & shaking the screen, also killing any players under it. I played this map in TDM mostly and it’s perfect for it.

Radiation
    “Radiation” is a medium sized map which also features some very impressive off-map animation; in which a large saw (much like this one) rotates into position, descends & kicks up a huge dust cloud. In the playable area of the map there are 2 large horizontal blast doors that can be opened & closed via buttons on either side by holding the Use button/key. It may seem unnecessary, but when one of your objectives is right there in DEM or DOM (domination), those controls can mean the difference between a win or a loss. The map overall is very well designed, of particular note is the interior of the factory with a moving conveyor belt that you can ride up to the second level, and amazing lighting & fx on the tanks in the main room.

Summit
    “Summit” is the winter map first shown in the MP reveal trailer with the camera spike. It’s the smallest of the 4 maps but still larger than the average MW 2 map. The map features lots of high & low points and awesome blowing snow fx. Perfect DOM map.

The player customization is just as cool as it seemed. Small improvements make class editing much faster & easier. For example, in previous CoD games if you already had your primary weapon of choice set in your class but you wanted to add an attachment, you need to cycle through all the Primary Weapon choices again just to get to the Attachments section. Now when you select your Primary Weapon, all your options are already laid out for you, such as attachments, camo, playercard & clan tag. Also, when you buy a new attachment or perk, you’re given the option to “buy & equip”, saving you valuable time editing a class between rounds.

The one aspect of Black Ops I found myself focusing on every time I played was the sound. Not only are the weapons sounds perfect, but the changing reverb & tone from room to room is much more noticeable and really helps set the mood for each map. One of the coolest parts of the sound in Black Ops is how all the weapons sounds change naturally from a distance; they’re so realistic sounding it sounds like you’re hearing a real war going on in the distance.

Treyarch has taken the best parts of World at War & MW 2 and combined them, while removing some huge things that made the previous games feel like arcade shooters. The biggest feature is that kills gained from killstreaks no longer count towards your next killstreak. For example, if you get 3 kills & call in an RC car, then get 2 kills with it, you’re still at 3 kills, not 5. This ensures you won’t waste half your time trying to fight off helicopter after helicopter or 2 or 3 at a time, allowing you to focus mostly on the ground & the enemies trying to kill you. Another interesting thing worthy of mentioning is helicopters react to you aiming a launcher at them; they will actually bank and ascend to avoid your missle.

I’ve been on the fence about this game from the start for reasons I already mentioned, and though I was reluctant I did eventually find myself really enjoying MW 2 while despising some of it’s arcade gameplay, Black Ops truly feels like it’s own game that borrowed a few ideas from MW 2 & fixed them so they aren’t so easy to spam and ruin gameplay. Add to that what seems like will be the best CoD Singleplayer yet, and of course Zombies, I’m sold on this game.

Now lets hope for mod tools! :word:

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I’ll answer if I can.
    Source of the review

And last but not least, the hidden Site of Treyarch - which is hidden, because of... ah anyway

The following site show you some picture of the Zombie-Mode, which will be included into BlackOps.

gknova6
    (the site needs some seconds to load - so dont cancel it or something - its a lil bit laggy)

So, if you dont understand all the pictures and lil teasers, which are shown on the above link, check the wiki site of CoD for more informations (about gknova and so on): CoD-Wiki-GKNova

And here are 2 trailers to the thematic: customization Features & multiplayer

Customization-Trailer of BlackOps

BlackOps Multiplayer Trailer

(i post this trailers because the show some of the many new features of BlackOps.)

**HOT** => Latest Multiplayer-Video of BlackOps (Video of the closed Beta) (bad Quality)

**HOT** => Second Multiplayer-Video of BlackOps (Video of the closed Beta) (High Quality - 720p available)

Please check the second MP-Beta Video on 05:42 min. and take a look for the enemys movement-jump... It looks really cool - in my opinion

I hope this thread answer some of your questions and/or speculations.

(Also im sorry for my bad english - im german)

///EDIT
    Informations about Dedicated Servers and their provider

Do we play on Dedicated Servers?
    Short: YES!
    Finally we get the Dedi-Servers back
    PC Gamers play on dedicated servers - console gamers still use the P2P system.

Which providers are available to rent a server for BlackOps?
    Well, thats the negative point on the Dedi-Server-System of BlackOps. Treyarch & activision allow you ONLY to rent servers by the provider: gameservers.com. Activision awarded this kind of "exclusive-license" only to this one provider. So other companys are not allowed to rent out BlackOps servers. Well... thats how the Publisher-Hierarchy works.. But anyway... we got the Dedicated-Servers back - because of Treyarch. Cheers

Whats the price for the Servers at gameservers.com?
    Ok, the price isnt the best - but it isnt expensive too.
    Here are the official (and OF COURSE confirmed) prices:

Ranked Server: $15/Month ----- 10,87 €/Month
    Unranked Server: $99 cent/Slot ----- 0,72 €/Slot

general informations about the servers:
    Ranked Server: limit of 18 Players per Server
    Unranked Server: limit of 24 Players per Server
    For both server-offers:

- Instant PC Server Activation (on release date)
    - No Setup Fees, Cancel anytime, 5-day Refund Guarantee
    - Billing period does not start until servers are activated

more Informations or want to preorder? click me to visit gameservers.com

Another details to the rented dedicated servers:

They allow you the standard commands like: kick/bann/permbann players... and all the little admin-things
    BUT - and thats a big but: The servers are NOT moddable!

You can watch THIS VIDEO INTERVIEW to get more informations about the Servers.
    (the interviewed person: Cesar Stastny - Treyarch’s PC lead for Black Ops)

///EDIT2 (10/24/2010)

Where to get retails-versions of BlackOps which are uncut?

Well, i cant post some shops here, because im not here to do some advertisement... But you should use the option, to preorder your retails-version in any austria-gamestores. They have online store, which offer Austria Versions of BlackOps (PEGI-18) and completely UK-uncut versions.

Austria-PEGI Versions are NOT completely uncut. The "swastika"-signs are still cencored. But gore and violence are completely uncut. Also the versions of austria are completely german synchronised.

The UK-Uncut versions are 100% uncut. All "swastika"-signs are not cencored. Also 100% of gore & blood.

CONFIRMED: US & UK VERSIONS CANT BE ACTIVATED IN GERMANY! ONLY THE AT-PEGI VERSION CAV BE ACTIVATED IN GER! BECAUSE OF THE GERMAN LAW!

///EDIT3 (10/25/2010)

Killstreaks!

Here are the official-confirmed killstreak-rewards of BlackOps:

Quote:
    3 Kills – Spy Plane: Shows enemies on the mini-map. Can be shot down
    3 Kills – RC-XD Explosive RC Car: Remote controlled car strapped with explosives
    4 Kills – Counter Spy Plane: Temporarily disables enemies mini-map
    4 Kills – SAM Turret: Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys aircraft
    5 Kills – Care Package: Airdrop a random killstreak or ammo crate
    5 Kills – Napalm Strike: Airstrike that covers an area in napalm
    6 Kills – Sentry Gun: Airdrop a placeable Sentry Gun
    6 Kills – Mortar Team: Target 2 locations to bombard with Mortar Strikes
    7 Kills – Attack Helicopter: Call in a support helicopter
    7 Kills – Valkyrie Rockets: Launcher with remote controlled rockets
    8 Kills – Blackbird: Shows enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cannot be shot down
    8 Kills – Rolling Thunder: Carpet bombing airstrike
    9 Kills – Chopper Gunner: Be the gunner of an attack helicopter
    11 Kills – Attack Dogs: Attack dogs that hunt the enemy down
    11 Kills – Gunship: Pilot an attack helicopter
    VAC and Steam-Cloud. And (SPOILER ALERT) the possible Achievements?

Ok, so:
    - VAC? YES! VAC (by Valve of course) is the official Anti-Cheat Tool which will support BlackOps and their Servers.

- Steam Cloud Support? Of course! Black Ops use VALVEs Steam Cloud-System to let you use your BlackOps profile (all owned Weapons, XP, Credits, whatever) from any PC which you are usin'.

- Achievements? Well, it would be sad if there are no Steam-Achievements for BlackOps. So we can be pretty sure, that we get them. And maybe - just maybe - they will be the same like on the XBOX360 or PS3 Game-Version. Oh and i talk about the Steam-Client Achievements. Not the (for example) weapon-achive.
    Here's the list of the console Achievements, which we will MAYBE get too:

*SPOILER ALERT - DONT READ IF YOU WANNA GET SUPRISED ON RELEASE*

Link to the Achives

///EDIT4 (11/3/2010)

Preload?

To every1 who bought BlackOps on Steam:
    The Preload was unlocked! You can preload the Game now!

Logially, the preload is ONLY available for ppl, which preordered the game on Steam!

///EDIT5 (10/30/2010)

Update:Cut and Uncut differences

Here's a more detailed update about the differences of the (Un-)cut version:

The german (and maybe japanese too - actually i dont know if there are the same cuts) Version isnt "complete" cuted. There are just some special scenes, which will be missing in the german (and maybe japanese) version:

Singleplayer: There shall be missing certain scenes:
    - a torture-scene which includes (in the uncut version) a "glas-fragment" action (this scene will be missing COMPLETELY)
    - the "slow-motion-bullet"-scene (which shows a fountain of blood, and some special fragments) is censored. The german version shows nothing of that violence.
    - also the song "sympathy for the devil" will be missing completely. The scene where this song should be played, will be musicless in the german version (of course in the japanse MAYBE too)
    Multiplayer: According to all official informations, the multiplayer will be COMPLETELY Uncut!

Coop:
    - Missing swastika-symbols (completely - no one will be shown')
    - according the latest, public informations, it shouldn't be possible to cut-off different limbs of the zombies (by explosive, aimed shots, or whatever)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyline. For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Boombox (11-09-2010),House (11-09-2010),spiritwo (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    <3 C&P. lols. Lots of handy info here.
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.6.1 *NEW* Windows 10 compatible!
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to master131 For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
    <3 C&P. lols. Lots of handy info here.
    yup C+P ftw,

FACTS & INFORMATION ABOUT BLACK OPS
    hi folks,

so, i see every day more and more topics, which are pretty similar.

Before you start to read, here's the contents:
    ^ lmao yeah thats me btw,
    lol jks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Oh GOD DAMNIT! I don't have good nuff processor :S

I Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz
    I Have: 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.5 GHz
    RAM
    I Have: 2.0 GB RAM
    I Have: GeForce 9800 GT
    DVD-ROM
    I Have: ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P ATA Device

Please tell me :S

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by projezz View Post
    Oh GOD DAMNIT! I don't have good nuff processor :S

I Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz
    I Have: 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.5 GHz
    RAM
    I Have: 2.0 GB RAM
    I Have: GeForce 9800 GT
    DVD-ROM
    I Have: ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P ATA Device

Please tell me :S
    fail cpu, sorry

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Thanks man.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boombox For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    I'm good, spending my entire bonus on my PC has really payed off lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Critter For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    thanks, but use some B I U next time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to House For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (11-09-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    thanks, but use some B I U next time
    yeah i know it was 3am when i found it lmaooo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Great job. Lots of information here, some that i didn't know, a lot that others wont know
    --
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Spiritwo |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritwo For This Useful Post:

Skyline. (11-09-2010)