Thread: Final Decision

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Final Decision

    Well I am sitting here about to click the purchase button on steam. But with the recent update still wanna know if I can run it. I run skidrows version fine so please tell me if I can run steams with new update
    AMD Athlon X2 5400+ 2.80GHz
    4GB Ram
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    NVIDIA 9600 Ge Force

    -thanks

  2. #2
    prisma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    236
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    42
    My Mood
    Amazed
    You should be able to play it with these specs...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to prisma For This Useful Post:

    Disco // (11-22-2010)

  4. #3
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by prisma View Post
    You should be able to play it with these specs...
    Thanks.

  5. #4
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Yeah you should run it. I woulndt expect anything over med graphics, but youll be all right.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

    Disco // (11-22-2010)

  7. #5
    bboy5k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Cool
    you will once they fix it.

    until then you can expect low settings with low res for decent FPS.

    That GPU is not good at all.

    My friend has a 8800 GT (which is better then you 9600) and has to run it extra/shadows off/AA off 800x600

    no stuttering just low fps (below 60) if he goes any higher.

    I'm warning you don't expect nice GFX in this game with that card.

    at least not yet. wait for a patch is my answer.

  8. #6
    TurTLeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the chamber of a gun
    Posts
    163
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Angry
    graphics is the most of your worries, the rest should be fine.

    _____________________________________________

    PC Specs
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    8gb DDR3 G.Skill Sniper RAM
    Asus EAH6950 2GB
    2TB Seagate Barracuda
    90GB SSD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

    LOLZ

  9. #7
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by TurTLeZ View Post
    graphics is the most of your worries, the rest should be fine.
    That pretty much sums it up. If you had a a bad cpu then a good gpu would be useless because of the strain on the cpu.

  10. #8
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by bboy5k View Post
    you will once they fix it.

    until then you can expect low settings with low res for decent FPS.

    That GPU is not good at all.

    My friend has a 8800 GT (which is better then you 9600) and has to run it extra/shadows off/AA off 800x600

    no stuttering just low fps (below 60) if he goes any higher.

    I'm warning you don't expect nice GFX in this game with that card.

    at least not yet. wait for a patch is my answer.
    I think you might ber over exaggegarting. I can run skidrows fine on high texture settings with most shit off. which is fine with me

  11. #9
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]ima Funk™ View Post


    I think you might ber over exaggegarting. I can run skidrows fine on high texture settings with most shit off. which is fine with me
    Well if you can run Skidrow's you shouldn't have any problem. But if you do its the games fault, due to patches actually breaking the game for some people.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  12. #10
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    Well if you can run Skidrow's you shouldn't have any problem. But if you do its the games fault, due to patches actually breaking the game for some people.
    Lol I always wondered how can possible the patch make it worse?

  13. #11
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]ima Funk™ View Post


    Lol I always wondered how can possible the patch make it worse?
    dunno. But treyarch pulled it off.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  14. #12
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    dunno. But treyarch pulled it off.
    Well. Do you have similarr specs? I alot of people are running with dual cores no prob

  15. #13
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]ima Funk™ View Post


    Well. Do you have similarr specs? I alot of people are running with dual cores no prob
    I have a quad at 3.8 and an HD4850. No problems for me. I get like 10 seconds of stuttering when i start MP, but no lag other than that.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low