Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Skyline.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,160
    Reputation
    403
    Thanks
    1,613

    [INFO] Stop Using Texture's

    i believe everyone should stop using texture's/backup & verify their game files, they have been patched luckily we are only getting a kick/error instead of bans, this is what happend to me;

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/355-call-d...ied-error.html

    you may have read that thread, so looks like we should hold off for now, until we mod new ones and are the same as the crc of the "new" originals, i don't think they patched the methods etc, just like when you download hacks they get detected and need to find new offsets, but in our case its re-mod them hex etc.. (i pray this is the case)

    for your own safety and vac status.

    toobs.


  2. #2
    [WhA]4FunPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    757
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    169
    My Mood
    Lonely
    MD5 check?

  3. #3
    Blubb1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,923
    Reputation
    161
    Thanks
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    i believe everyone should stop using texture's/backup & verify their game files, they have been patched luckily we are only getting a kick/error instead of bans, this is what happend to me;

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/355-call-d...ied-error.html

    you may have read that thread, so looks like we should hold off for now, until we mod new ones and are the same as the crc of the "new" originals, i don't think they patched the methods etc, just like when you download hacks they get detected and need to find new offsets, but in our case its re-mod them hex etc.. (i pray this is the case)

    for your own safety and vac status.

    toobs.
    As far as I know, they did not update CRC's. I did use textures. However, I backed up the files before I applied the textures. So now, I reput those backupped files. Working - with the iwd files from a few weeks ago. So CRC should still be the same.



  4. #4
    rmk1379's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Vejle
    Posts
    81
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by [WhA]4FunPlayin View Post
    MD5 check?
    i think since there is just been a steam client update

  5. #5
    pwnr1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    77
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    As far as I know, they did not update CRC's. I did use textures. However, I backed up the files before I applied the textures. So now, I reput those backupped files. Working - with the iwd files from a few weeks ago. So CRC should still be the same.
    so youre still using the textures?

  6. #6
    Blubb1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,923
    Reputation
    161
    Thanks
    3,096
    No, I'm not.



  7. #7
    63OR63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Posts
    240
    Reputation
    92
    Thanks
    2,563
    My Mood
    Cold
    Holy crap, I hate Gayarch... I'm missing my lovely textures, bring 'em back! >_<

  8. #8
    JDZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    4
    I was going to post this in a separate thread, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

    Guide: How to make custom textures work after January 20th

    So today Treyarch released a new patch. Many think that this patch fixed the texture hacks. It didn't, they just messed around with some stuff. I don't even think their intention was to "fix" texture mods, but they only broke it temporarily.

    Anyway, here's how you update your files so you can yet again play CoD:BO with texture mods:

    1. Navigate to the "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main" folder.
    2. Rename all your modded files like in this example: "iw_01.iwd" => "localized_English_bajs_iw_01.iwd".
    3. Profit!

    Enjoy

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDZ For This Useful Post:

    63OR63 (01-22-2011),schwep (01-22-2011),xbeatsszzx (01-21-2011)

  10. #9
    xbeatsszzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Behind a dumpster jerking off. xD jks
    Posts
    2,520
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    1,494
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Thnx i needed this guide
    I Am on this site for the mods for mw2 ONLY. Not hacks.

  11. #10
    mun1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Wait so all I have to do is move the textures over then rename the iw_01.iwd files thats in the main folder of our steam directory to the new name?

  12. #11
    JDZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mun1688 View Post
    Wait so all I have to do is move the textures over then rename the iw_01.iwd files thats in the main folder of our steam directory to the new name?
    Exactly

  13. #12
    d0h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    trashbin
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    142
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    I was going to post this in a separate thread, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

    Guide: How to make custom textures work after January 20th

    So today Treyarch released a new patch. Many think that this patch fixed the texture hacks. It didn't, they just messed around with some stuff. I don't even think their intention was to "fix" texture mods, but they only broke it temporarily.

    Anyway, here's how you update your files so you can yet again play CoD:BO with texture mods:

    1. Navigate to the "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main" folder.
    2. Rename all your modded files like in this example: "iw_01.iwd" => "localized_English_bajs_iw_01.iwd".
    3. Profit!

    Enjoy
    i hope you are exclide

    otherwise give him credits

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to d0h For This Useful Post:

    Skyline. (01-21-2011)

  15. #13
    mun1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    Exactly
    Yay! It works. Great job dude!

  16. #14
    WhatThefridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    I don't think they are going to ban for textures only kick you when they implement md5 checks upon connection.

  17. #15
    rowan112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    623
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    I was going to post this in a separate thread, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

    Guide: How to make custom textures work after January 20th

    So today Treyarch released a new patch. Many think that this patch fixed the texture hacks. It didn't, they just messed around with some stuff. I don't even think their intention was to "fix" texture mods, but they only broke it temporarily.

    Anyway, here's how you update your files so you can yet again play CoD:BO with texture mods:

    1. Navigate to the "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main" folder.
    2. Rename all your modded files like in this example: "iw_01.iwd" => "localized_English_bajs_iw_01.iwd".
    3. Profit!

    Enjoy
    thats what u do on cod 4 to stop them from kicking you for being impure blah blah blah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast