Poll: Would you be interested?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Art Design Section | Contest | Resurrection | Ideas

..:: Welcome ::..

I`ve seen some people talking about the Art Design Section and
    how it`s slowly dying. This is true. Back in the days when I first started being
    part of these types of forums the Art Design or "GFX" Sections were a place
    where people went to show their graphic skills. People would go on the forum
    simply to see all the different types of Sigs, Avatars, and other graphic designs
    that were created by other members and posted on that section. It was not the
    most active section but it was for sure the section that had the most life
    in it & a big amount of people liked it.

In one of those forums, which I believe is now completely dead.
    They used to make contests like SOTW (Sig Of The Week), which got a lot of people
    interested and active in the Art Design Section. I believe winner would get an extra
    Text Title that said SOTW #... Winner. The Publicist Team could make this an official
    MPGH Event if enough people are interested and support the idea.
    (@Flengo @Hova @Jubs @Saboteur @Shadow @Raple @Hunter)

I will be making the first of this kind of event in 2-3 days.
    It all depends on how much support this thread gets & how much time I have on my hands.
    (Currently preparing to open couple shops on the market section)

Details for this event will be posted below.

• This event will be opened for everyone on the forum with more than 15+ posts.
    • Those who enter will have 4 day to complete their submission.
    • You must provide proof of the Signature you created. (.psd or other files)
    • Event will have a theme and sig will be created according to the specific theme.
    • Winner will be announces after 3 days of voting.
    • Winner will be choosing for different prizes. (PayPal, Steam, iTunes, Uplay, ...)
    • The whole event will be finishing in 7 days after the last day of voting is over.

Those are the basic things that have to be known about the event.
    I will be posting a full threadwith all the rules, information, prizes, and everything
    else that might be needed. Prizes will be valued at $5-$15.

This can actually become an Official MPGH event if enough
    people support it and if the Publicist Team approves & believes
    it could once again make the Art Design section alive. Prizes don`t have to be
    money or expensive things. I know a lot of people like User Title tags/text so
    I`m pretty sure people will actually try to win.
    This can also appear in the MPGH News ( @Hova) if it becomes a official MPGH Event,
    where the winner can be announced and the event could have its own section.

Like I stated above, I will be taking the initiative with my upcoming
    Sig Contest Event. This can become a weekly thing in the feature (SOTW) if
    enough people are actually interested and I get a big number of
    entries on the event.

Thank you for your time, make sure to post your opinions
    below and cast your vote above.They are appreciated. (no shit posting plz)
    I will keep this thread updated and make sure to announce when the event is officially starting.

Thanks
    Dynasty

Yep just realized I spelled definitely incorrect on the Poll...
    Shame on myself! Lmao, if any of you lovely staff members can change it
    please do, I will appreciate it a lot. Somehow can`t seem to change it myself.

@. @. @. @.
    Last edited by Dynasty; 07-05-2016 at 11:54 PM.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    live:dynastympgh
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    This doesn't need to be in general, nor does it need to be publicly voted on. Bringing back SOTW is a neat idea. Although I don't think it would be very popular or have the attention of more than a handful of people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CBzKfvA80

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    This doesn't need to be in general, nor does it need to be publicly voted on. Bringing back SOTW is a neat idea. Although I don't think it would be very popular or have the attention of more than a handful of people.
    I made the poll so we can see how many people would be interested. You may take out the poll or change it as you wish. I believe it will once again bring everyone who is graphically talented back to the section. Most only have a shops there but members barely go in it.

- Thank for moving it.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    I made the poll so we can see how many people would be interested. You may take out the poll or change it as you wish. I believe it will once again bring everyone who is graphically talented back to the section. Most only have a shops there but members barely go in it.
    SOTW has traditionally been managed by the GFX team, so I thought here was a better place for this thread. You want help from the publicists and news team to spread word and prop you up. You're declaring you're bringing back SOTW while simultaneously suggesting a special reward for the winner that only an admin can set. You're telling people to badger staff members about making this an official mpgh event. Why not just ask the admins directly?
    Last edited by Austin; 07-05-2016 at 11:06 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

SOTW has traditionally been managed by the GFX team, so I thought here was a better place for this thread. You want help from the publicists and news team to spread word and prop you up. You're declaring you're bringing back SOTW while simultaneously suggesting a special reward for the winner that only an admin can set. You're telling people to badger staff members about making this an official mpgh event. Why not just ask the admins directly?
    - I just got in contact with the GFX Team.
    - Totally agree with you moving it, no problem with that (you are the staff member)
    - I don`t want help from the publicist group or News Team. I simply stated that if enough people want it back, both of those groups could help it get the spark it needs for it to be successful once again.
    - I could care less about "proping" me up, I`m doing this event with or without anyones help. (it`s why I`m putting my own money)
    - I`m not declaring anything, I`m simply saying the "I" will be taking the initiative of bring back these types of event to the forum. I could technically bring it back myself if I made a SOTW Event every week and ran it myself.
    - I`m "suggesting" a award that will motivate people to actually be part of the event. I never said I have the power to award these rewards or that it was going to happen.
    - I`m telling people to speak out if they actually want this to come back to life. I`m not telling members to start riots or force staff members to vote positively.

I made it because I saw a thread about the Art Design Section dying. Not to have my name out there or "prop me up" I`ve made multiple giveaways and for me this is the exact same but with a bit more of works and it benefit those who actually want the Art Design section alive again.
    I apologize if I made the thread sound different but all I wanted to do it announce "my" event that "I" will be making with or without any type of help. With my own money and taking my time to do it right. The other reason was to see if people would actually be interested for this to become a weekly thing that could eventually be a official MPGH Event.

Gaar contacted me about this, I will be making the event with his help and others from the GFX Group who would like to try it out.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I just got in contact with the GFX Team.
    To my knowledge there are no current GFX team members? Are you contacting ghosts?

I could technically bring it back myself if I made a SOTW Event every week and ran it myself.
    Yes, you could. It would be unofficial. When Psychotic and I restarted the news team we did it in the hopes of getting it official after we proved ourselves, which is what you want from the start without proving you can do it even once. If you're running a competition be it official or unofficial there's no reason why the news team wouldn't say something about it in the next edition, especially if you contacted an editor or writer about it.

I don`t want help from the publicist group or News Team. I simply stated that if enough people want it back, both of those groups could help it get the spark it needs for it to be successful once again
    You don't want help, but you need it for it for your idea to work?

This isn't me telling you not to do it, or that you can't. This is me saying you should ask an admin about what future your SOTW could have and the rewards given. You giving away your money is nice but how long are you gonna give away shit? SOTW died for a reason, and it will die again. Theres been 7 threads in Arts main section and 1 in all subsections within the past week. The bringing back SOTW is futile.
    Last edited by Austin; 07-05-2016 at 11:55 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    To my knowledge there are no current GFX team members? Are you contacting ghosts?
    He is in my MPGH GFX team group. Which is in no way official. I would like to try to get an official one, or even just having it stickied But i don't think that will happen.

I suppose the only way to figure out is to try it, but if it could get stickied it would be more visible, therefore become more popular. Even if we can't get any of it official we will still give it a go, i know people who would still enter in contests like this.
    No, I personally think that it being official would help it tremendously, but we can still try without it. Thought I can't argue that the section is dead.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I would like to try to get an official one
    The GFX team can always be fully revived there just needs to be a cause for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    No, I personally think that it being official would help it tremendously, but we can still try without it. Thought I can't argue that the section is dead.
    What I said about newsfo could apply to publicist as well. Hard to see a reason why it couldn't be promoted if you contacted those in charge of each group (whom are mentioned in the OP).

VIP Support // May 2011
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014

Thanks
    The GFX team can always be fully revived there just needs to be a cause for it.
    That's true, I'm aware that on some Publicist giveaway's that there was a need for graphics for that. That's something that the graphic design team would do, for free ofc. Not only that but any official MPGH events etc could be done by us. We would just need a leader for it. I'll try to get in contact with some admins about it, see what there opinions are about it. I would love to start that up again. Provided that it is actually useful and not just a free Tag for tag hunters and a useless group.

What I said about newsfo could apply to publicist as well. Hard to see a reason why it couldn't be promoted if you contacted those in charge of each group (whom are mentioned in the OP).
    I'll have a talk with Hova and see If he is interested in featuring winners/ETC on the news. As for Pub, If we could get the support of you guys it would give us publicity That would help us out. Me and my group will work out our plans and present it to Flengo and see what he thinks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I had something written up for POTW last month, but I decided not to post it since I wasn't sure if there would be a big interest. I feel like POTW invites a larger audience than SOTW would, since anyone can take a nice picture as long as they have a camera. People go on Instagram to make their pictures better looking all the time, so this would be really easy and convenient to participate in.

I'll be posting my submission later today or tomorrow.

Photograph of the Week
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM

Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Gaar (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Pretty neat idea to be honest, hope it gets some attention from members.

League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ameer For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Dynasty (07-06-2016),Gaar (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    I had something written up for POTW last month, but I decided not to post it since I wasn't sure if there would be a big interest. I feel like POTW invites a larger audience than SOTW would, since anyone can take a nice picture as long as they have a camera. People go on Instagram to make their pictures better looking all the time, so this would be really easy and convenient to participate in.

I'll be posting my submission later today or tomorrow.

Photograph of the Week
    That's a pretty good idea as well. It can also be done. If everything goes as planned we could have both events up and running which would attract both normal members and those with graphic design experience.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

This isn't me telling you not to do it, or that you can't. This is me saying you should ask an admin about what future your SOTW could have and the rewards given. You giving away your money is nice but how long are you gonna give away shit? SOTW died for a reason, and it will die again. Theres been 7 threads in Arts main section and 1 in all subsections within the past week. The bringing back SOTW is futile.
    No I didn`t really need help, @Blank offer to help so I accepted it in order to make it something bigger. We loose nothing by trying. Not trying is just letting the section die. How long can I keep doing that event? No one knows, I`ve already been offered economically hep to maintain the event and keep it going.

When I said I don`t want help, I meant to say that I don`t need their help in order to make the event and actually make it a good. Their help would simply boost things up.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Thanks
    I'm totally up for doing the publicist version of SoTW or SoTM, while @Flengo handles PoTW.

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    WHEN HE DIES IT WILL BE THE ULTIMATE INSULT

PM me to get a banner in my sig ^
    Donations: 12JR4DDbCgZRdAGAXf1NzSSwh55icfXZPW
    +0.007412 BTC from Joker

Official Publicist - May 2017
    Moderator - May 2017
    Other MMORPGs Minion - May 2017
    Steam Minion - May 2017
    Minecraft Minion - May 2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - May 2017

Demoted for Inactivity - March 2017
    Steam Minion - November 2016
    Moderator - October 2016
    Other MMORPGs Minion - August 2016
    Minion+ - April 2016
    Runescape Minion - March 2016
    Official News Team Editor - March 2016
    Official News Team Interviewer - March 2016
    Official News Team (Global News) - February 2016
    AVA Minion - November 2015
    Minecraft Minion - October 2015
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - July 2015
    Official Publicist - April 2015
    Official Middle Man - April 2015

I will strive to be GM one day, I swear on that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
    I'm totally up for doing the publicist version of SoTW or SoTM, while @Flengo handles PoTW.
    I will be handling the SOTW Event. @Blank @Dexter and I have already finished the even thread and were are just waiting on final touches. This won`t be a official mpgh event but this can easily be changed if you guys want to support our GFX Team.

I was going to do this alone at first but in matter of hours Gaar reached out and we already have the team established. We will be posting the event soon. POTW is something Flengo created if i`m not mistaken so it`s up to him to do as he wishes with that. We have nothing to do with the News Team, POTW, The Publicist, or any staff group. We will be conduction the SOTW and this thread was made to see if you guys would support us.

I`ll keep everyone updated.
    Last edited by Dynasty; 07-06-2016 at 03:58 PM.

-> My Vouch Thread <-

IMPERSONATORS :
    dynasty.mpgh
    *(BLOCK)*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast