Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Dynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    2,124
    Reputation
    942
    Thanks
    1,170
    My Mood
    Hungover

    Lightbulb Thread Edit [Suggestion] Premium Seller

    Instead of staff members to keep editing threads and taking a lot of time out of their hand because of this.
    Why don`t premium sellers get the perk of editing their own threads whenever they want. This would really decrease the amount
    of request made by people every single day, and the time it takes to fix things.

  2. #2
    Lunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    TRUMP 2016!
    Posts
    4,017
    Reputation
    933
    Thanks
    17,848
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Probably the only time I'll agree with something this 15yr says. It'd be nice to be able to edit my threads whenever I want, as it'd make it a hell of a lot easier to sell an item/service that differs in price over time. It'd probably take a load off the minions too.

  3. #3
    Hugo Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,520
    Reputation
    3833
    Thanks
    4,724
    My Mood
    Angelic
    The reason why there is a 24 hour limit to edit your thread/post is to prevent scammers from removing certain information that can be used as evidence against them.
    Yes, it takes some time to wait for the edit to be done, but eventually they get done.
    You may say that premium sellers pay $100 for the usergroup and that shows that they are more trustworthy than others.
    However, scammers could also do the same, and pay for the usergroup + manipulate the benefit given.

    You can leave a visitor/private message to the corresponding staff of that section.
    You can press the report button with the edit you need.
    You can email a staff member.
    You can message them on Skype.

    You can make the staff members lives easier by not requesting that many edits at once.

    Click this to see the Happy Holidays Image Titles
    I do not own any active Skype accounts and will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH. Please beware of imposters.
    If you need help with anything MPGH related, you can leave me a message. I am more than happy to help.
    Any spam/stupid messages sent to me will be ignored. Violations against the rules may result in an infraction or ban.
    Useful Links: MPGH FAQ | List of MPGH Rules | Report a Scammer | Support Sections | Marketplace Rules
    Contact me via: Visitor Message | Private Message


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hugo Boss For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ace (07-27-2016),Copperhorse (07-23-2016),[MPGH]Hunter (07-21-2016),moose (07-30-2016)

  5. #4
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,664
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,256
    They are called staff members for a reason, Minions of each section can do that for you. Also what Hugo boss said is 100% true, there is pros and cons of this suggestion.
    I think if it stays the same way it is would be a lot safer and better.

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  6. #5
    Dynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    2,124
    Reputation
    942
    Thanks
    1,170
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Probably the only time I'll agree with something this 15yr says. It'd be nice to be able to edit my threads whenever I want, as it'd make it a hell of a lot easier to sell an item/service that differs in price over time. It'd probably take a load off the minions too.
    I`m 18, just because I don`t agree with you most doesn`t it defies who we are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    You can make the staff members lives easier by not requesting that many edits at once.
    I`ve always tried to wait at least a day or 2 for any edit because of this but sometimes thread just have to be fixed.
    I completely understand the safety concern because even though you are pay $100 for premium seller, you can still be a scammer like
    we have seen recently with 2-3 guys that have been banned recently.

    I guess you are right and staff member know that they must deal with these kind of things but they do get annoying after fixing 20 threads in a single day.
    There could be rules about changes or find a way where all changes to threads are stored and can be looked at in case someone edited something that implicates them in a scam report.

  7. #6
    Hugo Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,520
    Reputation
    3833
    Thanks
    4,724
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    I`m 18, just because I don`t agree with you most doesn`t it defies who we are.




    I`ve always tried to wait at least a day or 2 for any edit because of this but sometimes thread just have to be fixed.
    I completely understand the safety concern because even though you are pay $100 for premium seller, you can still be a scammer like
    we have seen recently with 2-3 guys that have been banned recently.

    I guess you are right and staff member know that they must deal with these kind of things but they do get annoying after fixing 20 threads in a single day.
    There could be rules about changes or find a way where all changes to threads are stored and can be looked at in case someone edited something that implicates them in a scam report.
    It is part of a staff members duty to edit the threads, it's not like it takes a year to edit them
    It only gets annoying if you repeatedly ask for it to get edited for simple, or small things, on the same day.
    Besides, if a minion can't do it, a GM can

    Click this to see the Happy Holidays Image Titles
    I do not own any active Skype accounts and will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH. Please beware of imposters.
    If you need help with anything MPGH related, you can leave me a message. I am more than happy to help.
    Any spam/stupid messages sent to me will be ignored. Violations against the rules may result in an infraction or ban.
    Useful Links: MPGH FAQ | List of MPGH Rules | Report a Scammer | Support Sections | Marketplace Rules
    Contact me via: Visitor Message | Private Message


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo Boss For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Dynasty (07-22-2016)

  9. #7
    Dynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    2,124
    Reputation
    942
    Thanks
    1,170
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post


    It is part of a staff members duty to edit the threads, it's not like it takes a year to edit them
    It only gets annoying if you repeatedly ask for it to get edited for simple, or small things, on the same day.
    Besides, if a minion can't do it, a GM can
    Yeah I agree, I`m not trying to complain or anything. Psychotic always edits my threads pretty fast.
    Just trying to come up with a system where it`s more convenient for staff and for threadstarters.

  10. #8
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,664
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    Yeah I agree, I`m not trying to complain or anything. Psychotic always edits my threads pretty fast.
    Just trying to come up with a system where it`s more convenient for staff and for threadstarters.
    I think it's good the way it is right now and more secure, for both traders and buyers.

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  11. #9
    Ahlwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,474
    Reputation
    1053
    Thanks
    2,402
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    The reason why there is a 24 hour limit to edit your thread/post is to prevent scammers from removing certain information that can be used as evidence against them.
    Yes, it takes some time to wait for the edit to be done, but eventually they get done.
    You may say that premium sellers pay $100 for the usergroup and that shows that they are more trustworthy than others.
    However, scammers could also do the same, and pay for the usergroup + manipulate the benefit given.

    You can leave a visitor/private message to the corresponding staff of that section.
    You can press the report button with the edit you need.
    You can email a staff member.
    You can message them on Skype.

    You can make the staff members lives easier by not requesting that many edits at once.
    Example of this is Light... basically purchased Premium Seller the moment it came out

    ALWAYS CONFIRM IT IS ME VIA THE MPGH VM SYSTEM BEFORE DEALING



    Expiring 24 December 2016

    Please make an appointment with me on Skype if you need me to MM for you
     
    Weekdays: 5PM-8:30PM
    Saturday: 9AM-8:30PM
    Sunday: 3PM-8:30PM
    Compare my time with yours
    Donations - 1Lxpu1JknfGPNjxjbt8Zs77AG8LxnEfZTC

     
    MPGH Member - 12/2012
    RotMG Wiki Editor - 05/2014
    Donator - 03/2015 (thanks Cursed!)
    News Force (User News) - 10/2015
    News Force (Section of the Week) - 03/2016
    News Force Editor - 08/2016
    Official Middleman - 09/2016
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - 11/2016

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] Premium Seller Membership now available! Increase thread visibility
    By arunforce in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2016, 09:08 PM
  2. Thread Editing
    By ikaheel in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 10:38 PM
  3. Thread Edit
    By drleonsisk in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
  4. Thx4beingold Official Thread [ Editing Of Weapons CandyCane - Knife ]
    By thx4beingold in forum Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM