Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

(Read all of this. It'll help a lot of you out.)

Honestly?

Coming from a guy that's been playing and being addicted to games for years, don't play computer games much at all.
    I've put a few years and became a top-tier player on like 4 popular games. Looking back on each one, they were all a waste of time.

Games are made to make you addicted, so the creators make more money. People think their cheating the game by selling accounts, but they aren't. Yeah, they may be making the company lose max $12, but they'll gain it back by the player just playing.

Yeah, it's good to have a big rush of excitement, but after a while it's just pointless. You don't feel anything.

I know at this point you'll come up with a million excuses

"I have enough free time!"

"I don't have an addictive personality!"

"I'm not like that!"

"Fuck what he says, he's just some faggot on MPGH that doesn't know what he's talking about!"

Yeah, sure, but doing that is just deluding yourself.

And if you're gonna say "Hey fucker, people make tons of money from pro gaming!!"

only 60 pro gamers make have earned over 100k in prize money.

And there are literally MILLIONS of people that play those games.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNaui8z.png

Literally fucking THOUSANDS of hours. If you put that much time in a business, you'd make millions

"I don't measure my life accomplishments by the amount of money I make, little fucker"

1. Okay, I see where you're coming from, but you won't be able to experience some of life's finest luxuries, and frankly wont be living life to its complete fullest

2. http://work.chron.com/salaries-pro-gamers-26166.html Most pro gamers describe being a pro gamer as being incredibly stressful, and it gets REALLY boring. The game loses its touch, just as I said earlier.

And, like I said, even if you don't want to go pro, it's still a massive waste of time, and you could be having real fun in so many different ways.

For example:

http://www.wikihow.com/Have-Fun

There are SOOOO many ways to entertain yourself. Hell, watch some netflix thrillers. Watch fucking horrid movies with your friends just to make fun of them.

Or, sorry if I got a little ahead of myself, MAKE FRIENDS.

The point is that playing internet games just isn't worth it. It isn't fun after you're anywhere near the top level of the game.

Watch this, if you like:

As I remember, it talks about your brain releasing dopamine every time you do something good. Dopamine gives you a rush of happiness and
    self-accomplishment. But, when you've experienced that dopamine rush too many times, it doesn't work as well. That means the same level of achievement is less entertaining.

This is why people have to move on to more crazy drugs after taking too much of the same one. They need to get a better high. Even though comparing games to drugs seems like an exaggeration, think about it. Everybody has access to games. People with depression sometimes play games as a stimulant. They'll get addicted to dopamine rushes. This means they'll go down a spiral of depression and it'll just get worse and worse.

So, don't play games too obsessively.

I AM NOT saying, though, to not play games. I'm saying not to play thousands of hours of it, and to not pour all your money in to it.

Thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoyed my rare non-shitpost.

So, I guess now you can just ignore this post and come up with one of the million totally logical excuses and go play roblox or something.
    Last edited by Lift; 07-26-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyZap View Post

(Read all of this. It'll help a lot of you out.)

Honestly?

Coming from a guy that's been playing and being addicted to games for years, don't play computer games much at all.
    I've put a few years and became a top-tier player on like 4 popular games. Looking back on each one, they were all a waste of time.

Games are made to make you addicted, so the creators make more money. People think their cheating the game by selling accounts, but they aren't. Yeah, they may be making the company lose max $12, but they'll gain it back by the player just playing.

Yeah, it's good to have a big rush of excitement, but after a while it's just pointless. You don't feel anything.

I know at this point you'll come up with a million excuses

"I have enough free time!"

"I don't have an addictive personality!"

"I'm not like that!"

"Fuck what he says, he's just some faggot on MPGH that doesn't know what he's talking about!"

Yeah, sure, but doing that is just deluding yourself.

And if you're gonna say "Hey fucker, people make tons of money from pro gaming!!"

only 60 pro gamers make have earned over 100k in prize money.

And there are literally MILLIONS of people that play those games.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNaui8z.png

Literally fucking THOUSANDS of hours. If you put that much time in a business, you'd make millions

"I don't measure my life accomplishments by the amount of money I make, little fucker"

1. Okay, I see where you're coming from, but you won't be able to experience some of life's finest luxuries, and frankly wont be living life to its complete fullest

2. http://work.chron.com/salaries-pro-gamers-26166.html Most pro gamers describe being a pro gamer as being incredibly stressful, and it gets REALLY boring. The game loses its touch, just as I said earlier.

And, like I said, even if you don't want to go pro, it's still a massive waste of time, and you could be having real fun in so many different ways.

For example:

http://www.wikihow.com/Have-Fun

There are SOOOO many ways to entertain yourself. Hell, watch some netflix thrillers. Watch fucking horrid movies with your friends just to make fun of them.

Or, sorry if I got a little ahead of myself, MAKE FRIENDS.

The point is that playing internet games just isn't worth it. It isn't fun after you're anywhere near the top level of the game.

Watch this, if you like:

As I remember, it talks about your brain releasing dopamine every time you do something good. Dopamine gives you a rush of happiness and
    self-accomplishment. But, when you've experienced that dopamine rush too many times, it doesn't work as well. That means the same level of achievement is less entertaining.

This is why people have to move on to more crazy drugs after taking too much of the same one. They need to get a better high. Even though comparing games to drugs seems like an exaggeration, think about it. Everybody has access to games. People with depression sometimes play games as a stimulant. They'll get addicted to dopamine rushes. This means they'll go down a spiral of depression and it'll just get worse and worse.

So, don't play games too obsessively.

I AM NOT saying, though, to not play games. I'm saying not to play thousands of hours of it, and to not pour all your money in to it.

Thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoyed my rare non-shitpost.

So, I guess now you can just ignore this post and come up with one of the million totally logical excuses and go play roblox or something.
    Well technically you're not helping or being informative on what he asked for.

League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12