Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Made PayPal when 17, turned 18, got limited - question

So basically, I'm retarded, and when I made my PayPal around a year ago, I managed to get it 100% verified, but the thing is I put my DOB 1 year earlier than it actually is. I managed to verify my act. with my SSN (stupid, I know) and everything, but today, I decided to try and get the PayPal debit card, since I don't have my ID yet and I'm not sure when I can go to the DMV to get that to open my own bank account. I actually got approved for the debit card, but when I got the confirmation email for the debit card, I also got an email that/PayPal login message that said this:

We weren't able to confirm your identity using the information on your card application. Please provide additional information about yourself so we can use it in verifying your identity. You will have full access to your PayPal account during the next 15 days, but if we are unable to confirm your identity in that time, we will limit access to your account.

When I go to the resolution center, it appears as if there's no additional info I can provide. As I said before, my account is 100% verified, but I put the DOB 1 year before my actual DOB. Would it be wise to call PayPal and tell them I made a mistake when setting my DOB or something when making my account? I'm on the fence, since I assume that the rep will realize that I made my account when I was 17, but I also don't want to not be able to have a verified PayPal account again since I assume they perma link your SSN to one account. If this isn't the case, please let me know, because I'll just make a new one.

But yeah. If I can't get this working I guess I can just get a prepaid card of finally set up a bank account, which wouldn't be so bad since I wouldn't have to worry about PayPal's bullshit and everything I buy takes VISA/Mastercard/AmEx, but it'd be nice to figure it out.

I'm probably going to have to call them, but which should I do? Be honest and tell them I made my account when I was 17, or say something along the lines of "I applied for the PayPal debit card today, and while I got accepted, my PayPal got limited. I may have accidentally put my DOB as 1997 instead of 1998, can we change it?"

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Well, i did not fake my ID or fake stuff but:

Paypal is obviously saying in their policys you have to be 18
    If you are not 18, they can lock, and limit your account, at any time, even if there is money on it.
    However, i had the same issue, i did exactly the same, and i had like 50€ on that account.
    So i just called PayPal, they were pretty nice, i just had to make a new account, confirm all informations again, Bank, Phone, ID and stuff
    When i was done, i called them again, because they told me to, they just transfered the money to the new account, no problems here, it was a while ago, but i guess i had to wait a few days.
    But in the end, new account, no money lost, no problem

Hope this helps
    Last edited by ~Defalt; 08-18-2016 at 02:28 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Defalt For This Useful Post:

Alpha (08-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Defalt View Post
    Well, i did not fake my ip or fake stuff but:

Paypal is obviously saying in their policys you have to be 18
    If you are not 18, they can lock, and limit your account, at any time, even if there is money on it.
    However, i had the same issue, i did exactly the same, and i had like 50€ on that account.
    So i just called PayPal, they were pretty nice, i just had to make a new account, confirm all informations again, Bank, Phone, ID and stuff
    When i was done, i called them again, because they told me to, they just transfered the money to the new account, no problems here, it was a while ago, but i guess i had to wait a few days.
    But in the end, new account, no money lost, no problem

Hope this helps
    Ey thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. So I should just flat out tell them that I was underage when I made my account and I'd like to have it closed to make a new one?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yeah i would call them first to make sure
    Otherwhise they just see, Same name, same CC and stuff, and will start investigating

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Alright, I called them and apparently everything was already up to date and correct on my account (DOB as well, somehow) and I got the account put back into regular standing.