Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy

    Post More Security to MPGH?

    First off, I think there should be a rule preventing users from creating Multiple accounts? Most people that scam have created multiple accounts and scam again. Even if you IP ban them permanently, that's nothing. They would easily use a VPN and create new accounts.

    I used to create a shitload of accounts because I only came here for hacks for games and each time I came back I was lazy and created new accounts. I never got banned on MPGH on any accounts, this is my main account. Anyway, my point is, users should only be able to create one account. There shouldn't really be any reason for them having multiple accounts.



    I believe there's other security precautions you can take like LF does.


    Anyway, here's some suggestions to add.

    Block VPN IP's from accessing MPGH at all, won't be easy but its another idea.

    Here's the biggest idea. Don't let new users sell? Put some requirements in order for new users to sell.




    Just thinking there should be more security just like LF has. They're smart, if you build up reputation and lets say scam and get banned. You're not coming back at all, once you're banned, you're done. You're never going to come back. You can't just create another account on a new IP and act like a different person unlike MPGH.

    Not hating on MPGH at all, its just sad the scammers (and other people that got banned permanently) get to come back onto MPGH by simply creating a new account on a different IP...



    Yeah this would cost money obviously and quite some work but I think its time MPGH has more security to ensure people who got banned don't get to come back at all.


    This is what made me write this thread http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread...3#post12036463





    Again, not hating on MPGH at all, I just think its about time more security is added @arunforce @Dave84311




    What do you guys think about this?
    Last edited by GoogleTheCracker; 09-10-2016 at 10:14 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoogleTheCracker For This Useful Post:

    enough007 (09-17-2016)

  3. #2
    zak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    227
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    50
    My Mood
    Tired
    We discussed this on Skype as I asked your thoughts..

    My well thoughts on this said topic are as follows;

    Banning them and there I.P when they can make a new account is yeah slightly dumb but some people get wrongly banned,get I.p banned and have to use a VPN to appeal it.
    (I do like the LF forums security as in where you can't even touch the site via a VPN.

    Regarding new users selling there could be more done on that,say I'm a new seller,I come along with a say Fitbit service,someone asks for a vouch I do it for them they write me a review saying 'I recieved the said item fast and as described' that opens up then a channel for scamming,people will come along seen he done the vouch copies and think of his legit yet his not at all he will just say I'll do your order soon accumulate as much money as they can before people start opening reports and run also when they buy premium to make them more likely to trust doesn't wash with me,anyone can put $25 on the table.

    But the end of the day you can't really stop someone from scamming,they could have a thousand vouches on a thread and just one day turn sour and scam there's really no prevention system for stopping scamming it will happen,it can't be shut down,I do agree on the new people with 30 posts opening a shop straight up.

    My thoughts;

    Make them have so many post count(show there dedicated)
    (I was going to say let the person pay on confirmation/shipping)but then the buyer could scam.

    There should be like a said pot where the person buys the service from someone gives the money to I don't know to a mod to hold onto while the person completes the said service then the mod pays the person(bascially MM'ing)but seems fair,that person scams the mod just gives the money back to the buyer or doesn't come through,if the seller does what there meant to do then they get payed fair and square.

    There's just so many factors like buyer can chargeback at any time,seller could just run.

    These are just my thoughts I may be wrong on most I may be right but I do agree scamming is coming too common even with higher members.

    Eyes bigger then there bellys $$

    Just to add like masters service you invest money into me I double it via betting,could people not see that screams out scam?shit like that shouldn't be allowed.
    Last edited by zak; 09-10-2016 at 10:12 AM.

  4. #3
    Threadstarter
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisman View Post
    We discussed this on Skype as I asked your thoughts..

    My well thoughts on this said topic are as follows;

    Banning them and there I.P when they can make a new account is yeah slightly dumb but some people get wrongly banned,get I.p banned and have to use a VPN to appeal it.
    (I do like the LF forums security as in where you can't even touch the site via a VPN.

    Regarding new users selling there could be more done on that,say I'm a new seller,I come along with a say Fitbit service,someone asks for a vouch I do it for them they write me a review saying 'I recieved the said item fast and as described' that opens up then a channel for scamming,people will come along seen he done the vouch copies and think of his legit yet his not at all he will just say I'll do your order some accumulate as much money as they can before people start opening reports and run also when they buy premium to make them more likely to trust doesn't wash with me,anyone can put $25 on the table.

    But the end of the day you can't really stop someone from scamming,they could have a thousand vouches on a thread and just one day turn sour and scam there's really no prevention system for stopping scamming it will happen,it can't be shut down,I do agree on the new people with 30 posts opening a shop straight up.

    My thoughts;

    Make them have so many post count(show there dedicated)
    (I was going to say let the person pay on confirmation/shipping)but then the buyer could scam.
    There should be like a said pot where the person buys the service from someone gives the money to I don't know to a mod to hold onto while the person completes the said service then the mod pays the person(bascially MM'ing)but seems fair,that person scams the mod just gives the money back to the buyer or doesn't come through,if the seller does what there meant to do then they get payed fair and square.

    There's just so many factors like buyer can chargeback at any time,seller could just run.

    These are just my thoughts I may be wrong on most I may be right but I do agree scamming is coming too common even with higher members.

    Eyes bigger then there bellys $$

    Just to add like masters service you invest money into me I double it via betting,could people not see that screams out scam?shit like that shouldn't be allowed.
    I already know at the end of the day you can't stop someone from scamming. My main point is, whenever someone gets permanently banned, they would usualy create another account and go along as a new person and then end up getting banned again and simply creating a new account.

    When someone gets permanently banned, they shouldn't be able to come back at all, MPGH should do everything they can to prevent it. As in possibly not allowing VPN's, not allowing new users to straight away allowed to sell etc. Multiple ways to add additional security.

  5. #4
    zak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    227
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    50
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    I already know at the end of the day you can't stop someone from scamming. My main point is, whenever someone gets permanently banned, they would usualy create another account and go along as a new person and then end up getting banned again and simply creating a new account.

    When someone gets permanently banned, they shouldn't be able to come back at all, MPGH should do everything they can to prevent it. As in possibly not allowing VPN's, not allowing new users to straight away allowed to sell etc. Multiple ways to add additional security.

    Yeah a perfect example of that was 'Light' his come back what 3 times?

    And manage to scam 3 times by offering a service doing one legit vouch then bam.

  6. #5
    Space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gorilla pit.
    Posts
    1,307
    Reputation
    129
    Thanks
    276
    Why would MPGH ban multi's if they can make money from them?

  7. #6
    Threadstarter
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Why would MPGH ban multi's if they can make money from them?
    Are you stupid? Lmfao.

    Like @morrisman said... "Yeah a perfect example of that was 'Light' his come back what 3 times?

    And manage to scam 3 times by offering a service doing one legit vouch then bam."

    That's a perfect example right there.

  8. #7
    Space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gorilla pit.
    Posts
    1,307
    Reputation
    129
    Thanks
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    Are you stupid? Lmfao.
    Are you? Lmfao.

    1. Higher statistics that is useful for selling ads.
    2. If Multi's become active and they decide to contribute in an active way.

  9. #8
    Threadstarter
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Are you? Lmfao.

    1. Higher statistics that is useful for selling ads.
    2. If Multi's become active and they decide to contribute in an active way.
    Pretty sure you are. You just said something ignorant. "Why would MPGH ban multi's?"


    Gee, I got no clue. Maybe this?

    Scammers like @Light would come back continuously and scam more? If someone gets banned permanently, they easily come back, use your brain.

  10. #9
    _NightWare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    567
    Reputation
    113
    Thanks
    1,459
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    Are you stupid? Lmfao.

    Like @morrisman said... "Yeah a perfect example of that was 'Light' his come back what 3 times?

    And manage to scam 3 times by offering a service doing one legit vouch then bam."

    That's a perfect example right there.
    And every time he bought PREM (if I recall correctly)

    ofcourse this should not be what matters for MPGH. So that aside.
    blocking VPN's and proxies would be to much efford for to little reward.
    Public tor exit nodes are already blocked. but that's probably for other reasons.

    I agree with you on requirements for selling. as it would be another hurdle they have to take. But at the end of the day there is no way to stop scammers, but for you to only buy from trusted members of MPGH.

    Feel free to leave a thanks or +rep if I helped you.

    ಠ_ರೃ
    Script Squad








  11. #10
    Space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gorilla pit.
    Posts
    1,307
    Reputation
    129
    Thanks
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    Pretty sure you are. You just said something ignorant. "Why would MPGH ban multi's?"


    Gee, I got no clue. Maybe this?

    Scammers like @Light would come back continuously and scam more? If someone gets banned permanently, they quickly come back, use your brain.
    That's not entirely accurate, but I understand your point. If a scammer comes back, they are a newly created account with no post count, reputation or vouches. Do you think people will fall for the same '$300 EBook' again?

  12. #11
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,853
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,149
    My Mood
    Devilish
    There is no way to prevent people from making multiple accounts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Why would MPGH ban multi's if they can make money from them?
    Crazy irl





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  13. #12
    Threadstarter
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    That's not entirely accurate, but I understand your point. If a scammer comes back, they are a newly created account with no post count, reputation or vouches. Do you think people will fall for the same '$300 EBook' again?
    Finally you understand my point. Thing is, when they create a new account, they build up reputation easily and post count and get a couple vouches and start scamming -_-

    My main, big point is when someone gets banned FOREVER. They should not be able to come back at all. Once they get banned they create a new account > get they're post count up > make a thread > vouches > scam
    @Light made 3 accounts and probably will make more and continue to scam others unless some sort of security or something else is added. You might not be able to prevent scammers but you can still do something about it.


    If you fucking get banned on LF forever you're NOT coming back at all. You can't create a new account and use a VPN.

    If you get banned on MPGH, you can create a new account. Does that sound fair to you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    There is no way to prevent people from making multiple accounts.


    Crazy irl
    But how does LF prevent people from making multiple accounts?

    Browser fingerprint, IP logs, ISP's, many ways to detect it. LF is a big forum and they prevent it...

    Probably a lot of work to do so, then maybe just put requirements for new users to sell or something lol.
    Last edited by GoogleTheCracker; 09-10-2016 at 10:34 AM.

  14. #13
    Space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gorilla pit.
    Posts
    1,307
    Reputation
    129
    Thanks
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    Finally you understand my point. Thing is, when they create a new account, they build up reputation easily and post count and get a couple vouches and start scamming -_-

    My main, big point is when someone gets banned FOREVER. They should not be able to come back at all. Once they get banned they create a new account > get they're post count up > make a thread > vouches > scam
    @Light made 3 accounts and probably will make more and continue to scam others unless some sort of security or something else is added. You might not be able to prevent scammers but you can still do something about it.


    If you fucking get banned on LF forever you're NOT coming back at all. You can't create a new account and use a VPN.

    If you get banned on MPGH, you can create a new account. Does that sound fair to you?

    - - - Updated - - -



    But how does LF prevent people from making multiple accounts?
    This is why the MiddleMan lounge was invented. People should start using their brain on the internet instead of their greediness. *********s did change their account registration ToS. You can make different accounts on one IP, just once every 128 hours.

  15. #14
    Threadstarter
    Barred from the Marketplace
    DO NOT TRADE

    10/16/2016 - 10/30/16
    Premium Member
    GoogleTheCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    This is why the MiddleMan lounge was invented. People should start using their brain on the internet instead of their greediness. *********s did change their account registration ToS. You can make different accounts on one IP, just once every 128 hours.
    Lol man you really don't know anything huh? If you make more than one account on the same IP, you're a multi and 100% going to get banned. They prevent people from creating multiple accounts. MPGH isn't going to prevent that since it'll be quite some work.

    Thing is, they can add requirements so new users can't sell instantly.

  16. #15
    Space's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gorilla pit.
    Posts
    1,307
    Reputation
    129
    Thanks
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTheCracker View Post
    Lol man you really don't know anything huh? If you make more than one account on the same IP, you're a multi and 100% going to get banned. They prevent people from creating multiple accounts. MPGH isn't going to prevent that since it'll be quite some work.

    Thing is, they can add requirements so new users can't sell instantly.
    LF doesn't prevent making multiple accounts. I am banned from there, and I can just make a new account if I want to. Try it for yourself, log-out and hit 'register'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 06:53 PM
  2. [Release] 10 MORE ACCOUNTS FOR MPGH !
    By TenaceMenace3434 in forum Minecraft Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 02:13 PM
  3. Guys how to earm more points for MPGH website
    By pet222 in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM
  4. [Release] G Use More Security :D
    By Stewie_Griffin in forum Combat Arms Hack Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:21 AM