This forum should not require registration to download files
CMV: see title.
To the admins of this website. Wanted to download a very small script necessary for a gta V mod (found on another website). Had to spend way too long making an account for this website. What a stupid rule.
1) Requiring gender, reason to be here and flag: I'm sure this website is enriched by the information I provided: male, "e" and Aaland. Good thing it was mandatory.
2) Email provider banned because they supposedly block this forum's email: yeah I'm sure mailinator is afraid of all the spam they're getting from this forum. I mean the only other explanation would be that this is a fake reason to try to get a more spamable address... Anyway the daily mirror of mailinator, bobemail.com, was deemed good enough.
3) Password cannot be my name: Yeah, this account is really going to be my top security priority, thank you for helping me there. I mean all this valuable personal information could be stolen...
4) Host on a 3rd party if you're afraid of bandwidth cost. I'm not hurting the file creator by downloading (on the contrary). Your website will not grow quicker if you force people to make accounts. Your dignity is more valuable.
Answering your concerns in order:
- Requiring gender and etc is default in registration forms. It's for a lot of websites in the interwebs.
- Some email providers have been banned to prevent spammers on the website.
--> We wouldn't want people spamming the forums and violating the rules
--> We also wouldn't want scammers using those quickmail providers to register with those
Having said that, it is really easy to make an email with another provider, it's just a prevention method
- Password of course cannot be your name. There are some people who regularly visit this website and it is important that security is maximized.
--> Recently people have been hacked and the hacker used the accounts to scam people
--> These accounts being hacked do not just range from well known accounts, but to regular users
--> Security here should be top priority just like any other website you register on regardless of whatever purpose it is for
--> If you use the same password, that would not be a great idea
--> Your name in your password would not be a great idea because it would be easy to guess
- Requiring registration in order to download files is to prevent leechers
--> Not sure what you measure website growth, because guests do count along with members
--> We already have 4 million members
Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
Global Moderator since 10-02-2016
Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016
Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
Premium Member since 01-25-2013
Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
Registered since 10-9-2011
The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo Boss For This Useful Post: