Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

DiskExplorer for NTFS alternative?

So, title explains mostly everything. I had the trial a while ago and it expired, I don't want to pay $70 for something I'm going to use once a month.. Nor do I want to risk getting viruses from torrenting, I don't have much patience to format and re install everything.

So.. any alternatives for this program?

Thanks.

Note: Not sure if this is the right section..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    DiskExplorer? Are you trying to partition manage? If so, you can go to you're Administrative Tools in windows (access via Control Panel when logged in as Administrator) and locate the "Computer Management" shortcut.

The windows partition/disk manager is under Storage -> Disk Management in the tree view on the left.

Regards,
    -Schyler-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Actually, I'm trying to write to any selected sectors of any disk. I don't think your method works for this. But thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Schyler View Post
    DiskExplorer? Are you trying to partition manage? If so, you can go to you're Administrative Tools in windows (access via Control Panel when logged in as Administrator) and locate the "Computer Management" shortcut.

The windows partition/disk manager is under Storage -> Disk Management in the tree view on the left.

Regards,
    -Schyler-
    It only makes you look like a Choob/Asshole when you give an answer you know and I know are not related to what he's really asking for.
    ~
    I'd recommend building up a toolkit of some nice freeware stuff. EasyBCD allows for boot/MFT management and such I'd recommend that, and just try to be like the rest of us not rich people and go around and find some good free hardware management tools. You could go look for a good freeware partition manager, and for hardware diagnostics I like to use SiSoftware Sandra - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    I highly recommend it lots of different tests. Network tests, Dual-core efficency, memory bandwidth, GPU arithmetic test, OS stability test.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arhk For This Useful Post:

Void (03-22-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post
    You could go look for a good freeware partition manager, and for hardware diagnostics I like to use SiSoftware Sandra - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    I highly recommend it lots of different tests. Network tests, Dual-core efficency, memory bandwidth, GPU arithmetic test, OS stability test.
    Practice what you preach man, seriously.

While he might have known what he was talking about, a little explanation at the top of the thread could have helped.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    THis is a help thread man stop spamming.....
    ~
    goto general 'n try not to get TRoLL'd...
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

"True strength isn't determined by when a man has a lot and gives enough, but when he has nothing left but keeps on giving."
    "A man is determined by the strength of his will."
    "Courage has nothing to do with ascertaining any sense of certainty, but the will to go on even
    in the face of uncertainty." - Arhk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Well, my thread has almost been hi-jacked.

Anyways, I tried that program you recommended Arhk. It seems a bit confusing and I couldn't find a way to edit the disks. I know I'm being picky, but I would rather something a little simpler and something more directed at what I'm trying to do. I don't need a whole pile of features if I'm only going to use one.

Thanks anyways.