Thanks

Vista admin help?

So my dad is very controlling, and doesn't really allow me to do much. He thinks he knows EVERYTHING just because he is older than me. Being the controlling father like he is, he made himself admin on our computer running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I was wondering if there was ANY way possible to be able to make my self admin from a standard user account, or be able to hack into HIS account. It sucks being a standard user because he has a firewall setup and I can't play anything.

If there's nothing I can do I think I just might factory reset the computer because it's f*ked up anyways, But if I do that, I'm afraid I might have to find out the password for our ISP. We had a problem with this before. We have ATT and we are using a 2WIRE modem (wired). I don't think the computer came with that installed and if I DO have to install it, what if it asks for the username and password for our account? I was able to run a live version of Ubuntu from a USB flashdrive, and It connected automatically to the internet, but I'm afraid if it doesn't work I'll get my ass whooped.

Thanks for the help.

TO DO LIST

Attempt to learn C++ []
    Understand the basics of C++ []
    Reach halfway through my book []
    Make my OWN original simple program []
    Finish my book []
    Make my own hack[]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2animate View Post
    So my dad is very controlling, and doesn't really allow me to do much. He thinks he knows EVERYTHING just because he is older than me. Being the controlling father like he is, he made himself admin on our computer running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I was wondering if there was ANY way possible to be able to make my self admin from a standard user account, or be able to hack into HIS account. It sucks being a standard user because he has a firewall setup and I can't play anything.

If there's nothing I can do I think I just might factory reset the computer because it's f*ked up anyways, But if I do that, I'm afraid I might have to find out the password for our ISP. We had a problem with this before. We have ATT and we are using a 2WIRE modem (wired). I don't think the computer came with that installed and if I DO have to install it, what if it asks for the username and password for our account? I was able to run a live version of Ubuntu from a USB flashdrive, and It connected automatically to the internet, but I'm afraid if it doesn't work I'll get my ass whooped.

Thanks for the help.
    The easiest way I can see doing this is downloading a key logger... but that is illegal. Uhm... I can't really think of any other ways.
    As for the ISP thing, if you type "192.168.1.1" and only that (without ") into your address bar, it takes you to a sight for your internet router and such, if you have a password and can't remember it, or if you don't have one, for user name type admin and for password type password, if you do you have one, then you will have to use that, you can do quite a bit with your router and ISP from there, but that's about all the help I can give you. Good luck. (That only works with Linksys routers I think, if if doesn't work, try "127.0.0.1" if that fails, then I can't help you)
    Last edited by Backripu; 08-15-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I SAID VISTA ROUTERS LOL
    I am a complete death metal head... Favorite band ever: Kataklysm

Broly is so ftw. Best villain EVER.
    10 Posts ( )
    25 Posts ( )
    50 Posts ( )
    75 Posts ( )
    100 Posts ( )
    200 Posts ( )
    500 Posts ( )
    If I helped you or tried to help I would appreciate a thank.

I am a

And

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Backripu View Post
    The easiest way I can see doing this is downloading a key logger... but that is illegal. Uhm... I can't really think of any other ways, sorry :'(

I have tried that. Shadow logger or something like that, but UAC stops EVERYTHING and It didn't record his password when I told him to put it in to update flash XD

TO DO LIST

Attempt to learn C++ []
    Finish my book []
    Make my own hack[]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Read the updated version of my statement please.
    I am a complete death metal head... Favorite band ever: Kataklysm

Broly is so ftw. Best villain EVER.
    10 Posts ( )
    25 Posts ( )
    50 Posts ( )
    75 Posts ( )
    100 Posts ( )
    200 Posts ( )
    500 Posts ( )
    If I helped you or tried to help I would appreciate a thank.

I am a

And

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Make him register for something with the keylogger running. Chances are he will use the same password. Or go into the email account he used (ask him to use a family one or one that you have access to) and do "forgot password" option. It will send the password back that way. Press thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Umm you have 32 bit right? If you have a CD, you can bypass his password, login into his account and make your self admin with KonBoot. Search that in google or youtube for a tutorial and the download. You also need a CD burner for ISO files.

Made in Windows Paint/\

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imbeejit For This Useful Post:

ez2animate (08-16-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by imbeejit View Post
    Umm you have 32 bit right? If you have a CD, you can bypass his password, login into his account and make your self admin with KonBoot. Search that in google or youtube for a tutorial and the download. You also need a CD burner for ISO files.
    This is by far the best option. Trying to get the password with a keylogger is just a waste of time.

As for the ISP user & pass, normally your modem is the one that connects (you don't need to connect manually on your PC).

Thanks
    Alright imbeejit I think I'm going to use your option. And by cd you mean just a blank cd right?

But everyone else thanks for the help.

Sorry for double post I couldn't edit my previous one.

Anyways ty ty ty ty soooo much. This looks like it's going to work. Although the tested systems it works on, vista home premium wasn't there but ill give it a shot none the less.

There is one thing though, I had ubuntu on a flashdrive which USED to work before he took over admin rights, now when I try to boot from it windows just loads up. I had a live cd of ubuntu and STILL windows boots up. Ill try this and post if it works later. Thanks alot, its been hell because my ps3 is broken (YLOD lol i guess thats what happens when it goes for 2 and a half years without cleaning the dust) and I can't play shit on my computer. If this works ill buy you a prostitute.
    Last edited by ez2animate; 08-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.

TO DO LIST

Attempt to learn C++ []
    Finish my book []
    Make my own hack[]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ez2animate View Post
    Alright imbeejit I think I'm going to use your option. And by cd you mean just a blank cd right?

But everyone else thanks for the help.

Sorry for double post I couldn't edit my previous one.

Anyways ty ty ty ty soooo much. This looks like it's going to work. Although the tested systems it works on, vista home premium wasn't there but ill give it a shot none the less.

There is one thing though, I had ubuntu on a flashdrive which USED to work before he took over admin rights, now when I try to boot from it windows just loads up. I had a live cd of ubuntu and STILL windows boots up. Ill try this and post if it works later. Thanks alot, its been hell because my ps3 is broken (YLOD lol i guess thats what happens when it goes for 2 and a half years without cleaning the dust) and I can't play shit on my computer. If this works ill buy you a prostitute.
    Good luck

Made in Windows Paint/\