Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    Posts
    5,828
    Reputation
    506
    Thanks
    892

    Auto close thread after X days

    Last edited by Ian; 06-10-2011 at 01:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    That's not bad, not bad at all!
    And would this close threads from the past aswell?
    Like doing a huge cleanup?

    /Support
    @Dave84311
    @arunforce


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  3. #3
    Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    Posts
    5,828
    Reputation
    506
    Thanks
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    That's not bad, not bad at all!
    And would this close threads from the past aswell?
    Like doing a huge cleanup?

    /Support
    @Dave84311
    @arunforce
    I think so. Wouldn't make sense not to.

  4. #4
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138
    If it was an option to auto-close (like polls) that'll be better
    according to the first post, it doesn't say anything about the OP customizing it?


    "This is a simple script that will close all threads where the last post is 30 days or older"
    i think the Warning about bumping is good enough . They can't post unless they check the box .

  5. #5
    Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    Posts
    5,828
    Reputation
    506
    Thanks
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabooty671 View Post
    If it was an option to auto-close (like polls) that'll be better
    according to the first post, it doesn't say anything about the OP customizing it?


    "This is a simple script that will close all threads where the last post is 30 days or older"
    i think the Warning about bumping is good enough . They can't post unless they check the box .
    Here's the menu of admin settings of this mod.



    No need for OP to customize it. It automatically closes threads on X days when the thread was created or when the last post was made. You can choose to ignore sticky threads and make it not to be closed. You can exclude forums.
    Last edited by Ian; 06-10-2011 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Here's the menu of admin settings of this mod.



    No need for OP to customize it. It automatically closes threads on X days when the thread was created or when the last post was made. You can choose to ignore sticky threads and make it not to be closed. You can exclude forums.
    Well it wouldn't make sense to close it after X days after the thread was created, in case it's still active. It would make sense however if threads would be closed after X days of the last comment


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  7. #7
    Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    Posts
    5,828
    Reputation
    506
    Thanks
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post


    Well it wouldn't make sense to close it after X days after the thread was created, in case it's still active. It would make sense however if threads would be closed after X days of the last comment
    That's true.