Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    It would end up being abused or improperly used just as the thanks / rep / mention system and would never serve as a realistic view on one's trusted level. Not to mention that people may do trades on the fly and no vouches may be given or people may do mass microtrading and get shitloads of vouches.

    tl;dr: won't work.

  2. #17
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    It would end up being abused or improperly used just as the thanks / rep / mention system and would never serve as a realistic view on one's trusted level. Not to mention that people may do trades on the fly and no vouches may be given or people may do mass microtrading and get shitloads of vouches.

    tl;dr: won't work.
    Hence the reason we are attempting to figure out how to make it work. It would be nice if you could help out with that rather than telling us why it won't work, we've already gone over that it can be abused.

  3. #18
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Hence the reason we are attempting to figure out how to make it work. It would be nice if you could help out with that rather than telling us why it won't work, we've already gone over that it can be abused.
    I'm pretty sure nobody went to the explain or raise the points I did and I clearly stated that there's no way around this. No matter how you base the trustworthiness to be calculated, it can be abused. So far the suggestions such as using rep, thanks, posts and staff overview or w/e are unreliable. Not to mention the fact that you're not considering the sheer number of people doing trades without supervision or the fact that some trades or traders may perform riskier, more worth trades than others and without a clearly defined system of ranking such trades, it would never work out.

    And I'm pretty sure that even though I never trade on MPGH (I only MM and even that has been in decline in recent weeks) I can be trusted more than a 12 year old kid that would do anything for 50 bucks, even if he's managed to sell 10 or so accounts for 5 bucks each.

  4. #19
    Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In Katy's Crotch.
    Posts
    20,839
    Reputation
    1971
    Thanks
    2,800
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody went to the explain or raise the points I did and I clearly stated that there's no way around this. No matter how you base the trustworthiness to be calculated, it can be abused. So far the suggestions such as using rep, thanks, posts and staff overview or w/e are unreliable. Not to mention the fact that you're not considering the sheer number of people doing trades without supervision or the fact that some trades or traders may perform riskier, more worth trades than others and without a clearly defined system of ranking such trades, it would never work out.

    And I'm pretty sure that even though I never trade on MPGH (I only MM and even that has been in decline in recent weeks) I can be trusted more than a 12 year old kid that would do anything for 50 bucks, even if he's managed to sell 10 or so accounts for 5 bucks each.







































    I support you ravallo .


    My private army.
    Steam : Jesus Puncher


    "For he is all knowing, stand together and rise with him and accept the lord as your almighty wingman"
    - Genesis 4:20
    Gifts:
    ..........


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Time For This Useful Post:

    S|W|P (08-08-2011)

  6. #20
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wonderful World of MPGH.
    Posts
    4,922
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    798
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    That sucks, not the idea.
    I am trusted, a lot of people know me here but the only reason why I have a red bar is because I posted about it a long time ago when I was new, for that everybody de-repped me. I always help people and nearly the whole CF section knows me, I asked at times for like a rep reset or disable/hide my rep but no one from the admins replied.
    It sucks because when I go to a new section people think that I'm a faggot for having a red bar but really having it for a ridiculous reason.. @Ravallo @Dave84311

  7. #21
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacK View Post
    That sucks, not the idea.
    I am trusted, a lot of people know me here but the only reason why I have a red bar is because I posted about it a long time ago when I was new, for that everybody de-repped me. I always help people and nearly the whole CF section knows me, I asked at times for like a rep reset or disable/hide my rep but no one from the admins replied.
    It sucks because when I go to a new section people think that I'm a faggot for having a red bar but really having it for a ridiculous reason..
    For that reason I believe we should have more bars like the Reputation bar, the Trusted bar or the Credibility bar @Leaf suggested.


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  8. #22
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    For that reason I believe we should have more bars like the Reputation bar, the Trusted bar or the Credibility bar @Leaf suggested.
    But there's really no way around managing what has been going on with thanks or reputation - you will never be able to fairly determine the amount of trust/credibility one can assign to a member.

  9. #23
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    But there's really no way around managing what has been going on with thanks or reputation - you will never be able to fairly determine the amount of trust/credibility one can assign to a member.
    Well the Credibility one could be based off some determining statistics, and the Trusted one should be implemented with the Vouch plugin. Also, members will be permanently banned if they are found to fake their vouches in any way, I guess that will stop them from doing it aswell, making the Trusted bar reliable


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  10. #24
    Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    the Netherlands.
    Posts
    2,059
    Reputation
    456
    Thanks
    417
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post


    Well the Credibility one could be based off some determining statistics, and the Trusted one should be implemented with the Vouch plugin. Also, members will be permanently banned if they are found to fake their vouches in any way, I guess that will stop them from doing it aswell, making the Trusted bar reliable
    The ban thingy will atleast scare the members with 2500+ posts or staff away, and since they're like the only candidates it should work for 90% atleast
    Ex-



    Previous Names: Leaf, Acinonyx, Fawkes.


  11. #25
    S|W|P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,744
    Reputation
    -33
    Thanks
    91
    My Mood
    Doh
    The admins can only get the trusted bar higher

  12. #26
    R3WIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    11
    I support this, it's a good idea. +1
    Sixteen and my knees hasn't gone wild
    My good friend homie Big Phil had to die
    I had to fill a room, wrote a song, performed
    First time someone close to me was gone
    I need a lover and I feel like I need it and yes I
    I need the strength to put me through So I had to (hold on) to my emotions and remember my dues Now twenty-two, kinda grown man, so I made some I have some I lost some friends At the end I got to (hold on) to the ones that are loyal and will ride to the e-e-end


    - Haters gunna hate.

  13. #27
    KingDot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Goodbye
    Posts
    11,806
    Reputation
    1167
    Thanks
    1,333
    My Mood
    Busy


    I like this idea.

    Except maybe a different colored bar? :O

    It'll look to similar to the rep bar.

    Make it different so that you can differentiate between the two.

    Love you all


    ~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~




    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

    Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

  14. #28
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Om Nom View Post


    I like this idea.

    Except maybe a different colored bar? :O

    It'll look to similar to the rep bar.

    Make it different so that you can differentiate between the two.

    @OmNom
    What would you think of this?



     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravallo For This Useful Post:

    S|W|P (08-08-2011)

  16. #29
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    7,691
    Reputation
    561
    Thanks
    1,866
    My Mood
    Fine
    I totally support this, great idea.


    Former Middleman
    07-07-2011 - 09-13-2011





    Skype: mpgh.flash
    MSN: mpgh.flash@msn.com


    “I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”
    - Eminem

  17. #30
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    Well the Credibility one could be based off some determining statistics, and the Trusted one should be implemented with the Vouch plugin. Also, members will be permanently banned if they are found to fake their vouches in any way, I guess that will stop them from doing it aswell, making the Trusted bar reliable
    And which statistics would those be? And as already mentioned, someone who does lots of trades is not necessarily more trusted than one with less. There's no need to fake vouches when you can do $1 trades a hundred times a day

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestion For Dave
    By SpiderByte in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 12:54 PM
  2. anyone wants 2 power level on gunz
    By darkedge999 in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 01:31 PM
  3. Power Leveling
    By *KuT* in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 10:55 AM
  4. Power Leveling 1 hour idling
    By Kyojiro in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 09:59 AM
  5. Any good game suggestions?
    By Zededarian in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Tags for this Thread