Thread: Download speed

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Crandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chilling on MPGH:3
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    204
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Download speed

    Im fucking angry here..

    At speed test it says my download speed is 6mb
    But when i use Utorrent or other download programs my download speed only goes to fucking 200KB!!!!
    WTF HAPPENDED??
    got this sinds yesterday..
    EDIT: patch crossfire got 80kbs... and at game normal i get 24 ping now i get 101 ping.. there is a problem..
    Last edited by Crandon; 12-15-2011 at 09:41 AM.

  2. #2
    hadh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    110
    Thanks
    682
    My Mood
    Cool
    Utorrent dosnt give u a full speed of downloading things ....
    Successfully Trades:


    without mm : ivsa204, [MPGH]Blitz, warrior112, Druidje, lulwutpt,ol31240, J Miliam, ghzt, jidolboy, ThexD1, [THE]_ALL*S33!nG^^EYE_ALT, dertur0113, zintis ,Gargame

    got vothes from: [MPGH]Alen, Insane, [MPGH]Ravallo [MPGH]Symmetrical
    my blacklist: juicifer


    !!
    W.T.F




  3. #3
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    6 mbit = a maximum of around 550-600KB/s, speeds of 200KB/s are not surprising in this case.

  4. #4
    Crandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chilling on MPGH:3
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    204
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    6 mbit = a maximum of around 550-600KB/s, speeds of 200KB/s are not surprising in this case.
    Normal i get 900kb.. to 1.1mb download speed..

  5. #5
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Derp..seeds/leechers anyone?

  6. #6
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed, watching you sleep.
    Posts
    24,580
    Reputation
    3317
    Thanks
    3,563
    depends on how many seeders the torrent has


  7. #7
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostIce View Post

    Normal i get 900kb.. to 1.1mb download speed..
    Well 6mbps offers a maximum of 768 kilobytes per second download, so obviously you have better speeds than that. There are lots of factors when downloading torrents, like how many seeders and leechers the torrent has, how good their connections are, if your data transfer is being heavily occupied by something else (ex. seeding or downloading other torrents).

  8. #8
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    First of all ... Mb != MB; kb != kB etc. Differentiate between bits and bytes. And as Ghost said, downloads speeds aren't always dependent solely on your internet connection. Now can you try to figure out what's your actual cap, in proper units?

  9. #9
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    First of all ... Mb != MB; kb != kB etc. Differentiate between bits and bytes. And as Ghost said, downloads speeds aren't always dependent solely on your internet connection. Now can you try to figure out what's your actual cap, in proper units?
    He said his speed test reports "6mb", which is obviously megabits (considering A. Most speed tests report in megabits and B. His internet clearly isn't that fast). Of course, that couldn't be right considering he reports having 1.1MB/s downloads at some point. He could check the rate reported on his plan, but those aren't entirely accurate either. My guess is 9mbps, which is a 1.125 MB/s cap.

    EDIT: Is "megabyte" really censored? Wat?
    Last edited by Blitz; 12-15-2011 at 01:58 PM.

  10. #10
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    He said his speed test reports "6mb", which is obviously megabits (considering A. Most speed tests report in megabits and B. His internet clearly isn't that fast). Of course, that couldn't be right considering he reports having 1.1MB/s downloads at some point. He could check the rate reported on his plan, but those aren't entirely accurate either. My guess is 9mbps, which is a 1.125 MB/s cap.

    EDIT: Is "megabyte" really censored? Wat?
    Herpaderp, instead of guessing I just thought we could ask him

  11. #11
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    you can set how much you can download look in Options->Preferences->Brandwidth, also its called torrents for a reason you wont get high download unless you got alot of seeders and were the seeders are willing to give you speeds.
    I got 28 mbs up and 5mbs down, you would think i can download at max speeds but the highest i can do is 3mbs.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  12. #12
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by bl00dpkzdrag View Post
    you can set how much you can download look in Options->Preferences->Brandwidth, also its called torrents for a reason you wont get high download unless you got alot of seeders and were the seeders are willing to give you speeds.
    I got 28 mbs up and 5mbs down, you would think i can download at max speeds but the highest i can do is 3mbs.
    You're mixing up Mbps (Mb/s) and MBps (MB/s). 28Mbps is approx 3.5MB/s, which seems about right (if you're getting 3MB/s).

  13. #13
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Herpaderp, instead of guessing I just thought we could ask him
    Well he kind of already told us

  14. #14
    Crandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chilling on MPGH:3
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    204
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Problem got fixed i reseted my router

Similar Threads

  1. How to increase your download speed!
    By ImNoobzz in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 10:33 AM
  2. Show me your CA download speed
    By duyxngoc94 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 08:17 AM
  3. Download Speed
    By AgentElmo in forum General
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 01:36 PM
  5. Download Speed Tester :o
    By i eat trees in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 01:07 PM