Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,348

    [Suggestion] Ability to Edit Visitor Messages

    Visitor messages are currently unable to be edited, even just minutes after you post them. If you take a look at anyone's wall, you will see that visitor messages often suffer from irreversible spelling and syntax errors. Visitor messages use special formatting which often breaks your text and makes it generally look poorly written (such as large gaps between text on different lines). I would like to be able to edit my visitor messages for at least forty-five minutes after I write them, if not up to twenty-four hours like regular posts.

  2. #2
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Dave intentionally disabled VM editing, despite many people raising such points. @Dave84311

  3. #3
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Dave intentionally disabled VM editing, despite many people raising such points. @Dave84311
    I am aware that it did have to be disabled manually, but I can't imagine why. The thread previews aren't accurate, I'd like a second chance to edit my messages after I've submitted them.

  4. #4
    Ravallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,106
    Reputation
    2134
    Thanks
    5,667
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    I am aware that it did have to be disabled manually, but I can't imagine why. The thread previews aren't accurate, I'd like a second chance to edit my messages after I've submitted them.
    They used to be editable, until we had some trouble during a scam report: the VM'ed email/msn would prove someone guilty but he had edited the VM (Dave couldn't view the original VM and had to view its cache).


     

    MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1



    Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

  5. #5
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,135
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post


    They used to be editable, until we had some trouble during a scam report: the VM'ed email/msn would prove someone guilty but he had edited the VM (Dave couldn't view the original VM and had to view its cache).
    Hm... I see

    I tried looking for an addon that would log that kind of history, but didn't have any luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Mossy v8 Patch Edited By Message 4 Modz
    By Message 4 Modz in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 GSC Modding Help/Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 03:52 PM
  2. mpgh site suggestion (read me if u can edit the site)
    By hackzerz in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
  3. VISITOR MESSAGE PAGE
    By EndRiT in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:41 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 05:38 AM