Thread: Need a server

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,825
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,862
    My Mood
    Doh

    Need a server

    I need a server for free to host my software....I just need it until I raise the money to buy a dedicated server for me..Can someone help me in any way?

  2. #2
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,219
    My Mood
    Fine
    What kind of software, what kind of server power do you need and where do you want it hosted? :/
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  3. #3
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,825
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,862
    My Mood
    Doh
    It's a server for my software, it does not require that much CPU power I guess....And didn't understand the 'where do you want it hosted?'...

  4. #4
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,219
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Elio View Post
    It's a server for my software, it does not require that much CPU power I guess....And didn't understand the 'where do you want it hosted?'...
    Europe, Asia, America... also you're not being specific. Does your software run on Linux, Windows, what kind of prerequisites does it have etc.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  5. #5
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,825
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,862
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Europe, Asia, America... also you're not being specific. Does your software run on Linux, Windows, what kind of prerequisites does it have etc.
    Europe would be better and it's on Windows...Dude it's just a Console Application which listens for incoming data on some ports and replies...

  6. #6
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,219
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Elio View Post
    Europe would be better and it's on Windows...Dude it's just a Console Application which listens for incoming data on some ports and replies...
    Well unless it can run decently in Wine or with Mono I doubt I'll be able to help you out, I dunno of any Windows servers that would be available.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  7. #7
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,825
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,862
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Well unless it can run decently in Wine or with Mono I doubt I'll be able to help you out, I dunno of any Windows servers that would be available.
    IDK but maybe u have to know that it's a .NET Application, or this one doesn't matter?

  8. #8
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,138
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Elio View Post


    IDK but maybe u have to know that it's a .NET Application, or this one doesn't matter?
    It's possible but it's not really a viable solution. A little complicated.
    Running .NET on Linux with DotGNU | TechRepublic
    Last edited by Blitz; 02-23-2012 at 03:51 PM.


  9. #9
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,219
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    It's possible but it's not really a viable solution. A little complicated.
    Running .NET on Linux with DotGNU | TechRepublic
    You do know that's from 2004? The only viable solution nowadays is Mono, which I already mentioned. And even that doesn't fully support .NET

    . Furthermore I don't really know many hosts offering mono software hosting or w/e, so the only possible solution that I can imagine would be in the realm of possible would be getting a VPS and running the app in mono, seeing as Windows VPS usually cost (quite) a bit more. I would need to know if the app is compatible with mono though, the best way would be to use mono directly
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  10. #10
    Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    4,138
    Reputation
    619
    Thanks
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    You do know that's from 2004?
    I don't really know much about these kinds of things. Blitz, googler extraordinaire.


  11. #11
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,825
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,862
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    You do know that's from 2004? The only viable solution nowadays is Mono, which I already mentioned. And even that doesn't fully support .NET

    . Furthermore I don't really know many hosts offering mono software hosting or w/e, so the only possible solution that I can imagine would be in the realm of possible would be getting a VPS and running the app in mono, seeing as Windows VPS usually cost (quite) a bit more. I would need to know if the app is compatible with mono though, the best way would be to use mono directly
    View i8ofVs.png on ScreenSnapr /boh

Similar Threads

  1. Hi... i just registered nd need Minecraft Server help!!
    By D1RTYD1AMOND in forum Member Introduction & Return
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 06:36 PM
  2. [Help] NEED CROSSFIRE SERVER FILES !
    By kmanev073 in forum CrossFire Mods & Rez Modding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 08:18 AM
  3. Need KO server
    By obsessed in forum Knight Online Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
  4. need ghost recon server hack
    By Mike273 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:02 PM
  5. Private server Site needed!!!
    By Morphic in forum Knight Online Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:29 AM