Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,769
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Make Google Chrome download faster than 1mb/s?

    If I want to download a file on Google Chrome through a direct website or something it never goes past 1mb/s when on Steam or ********e or Mega or anything like that I download at 10mb/s. I tried clearing my history and download history but no help.

  2. #2
    WhyIsItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    1,083
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    668
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post
    If I want to download a file on Google Chrome through a direct website or something it never goes past 1mb/s when on Steam or ********e or Mega or anything like that I download at 10mb/s. I tried clearing my history and download history but no help.
    Are you able to download faster than this?

  3. #3
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,769
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyIsItReal View Post

    Are you able to download faster than this?
    Faster than 10mb/s? No. Well my highest download speed was 10.2mb/s if that changes anything.

  4. #4
    WhyIsItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    1,083
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    668
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post


    Faster than 10mb/s? No. Well my highest download speed was 10.2mb/s if that changes anything.
    Have you cleared your DNS cache yet?

  5. #5
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,769
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyIsItReal View Post

    Have you cleared your DNS cache yet?
    Umm no. I never did that actually. What does that do exactly?

    EDIT: I did it and nothing changed. The maximum speed that I can reach is 1,357kb/s

  6. #6
    WhyIsItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    1,083
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    668
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post


    Umm no. I never did that actually. What does that do exactly?
    Same thing as clearing your browser cache, but from the source. With Windows, I believe the command is ipconfig /flushdns Try it with and without a space, I don't remember.
    EDIT: Can you achieve faster speeds with other browsers?
    Last edited by WhyIsItReal; 08-21-2014 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,769
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyIsItReal View Post

    Same thing as clearing your browser cache, but from the source. With Windows, I believe the command is ipconfig /flushdns Try it with and without a space, I don't remember.
    EDIT: Can you achieve faster speeds with other browsers?
    I am so sorry for the late reply. For some reason I don't get ANY notifications about replies to my threads at all. Anyway, I cleared the DNS cache and I think there is like a 100kb difference but that's like nothing. Also I get even worse download speed in Internet Explorer. Didn't use any other browsers.

Similar Threads

  1. -Google Chrome - How to make a MPGH shortcut.
    By -James in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM
  2. Google Chrome anyone?
    By Bull3t in forum General
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 03:24 AM
  3. Google Chrome {The Future of Web Browsing}
    By rwkeith in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
  4. Combat Arms hack got patched faster than Warrock?
    By ximsonoobx in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
  5. Make Acrobat Reader Load Faster
    By mostwanted in forum Programming Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 04:45 PM