Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Apple terminating service to jailbroken iDevices!?

Hmm soo today ive been around google cuz im getting my ipod touch soon ..

And i saw that you cannot return jailbroken iDevices.
    OR... use itunes 9.2 and over with the jail broken ipods.

FROM ROMULATION FORUMS:

Proof:
    The new updates that are now available for existing iPhone users are being built into the new iPhone 4. The updates are being packaged in cutely names iOS4 which is now available for download for any iPhone user that has an iPhone 3g or iPhone 3GS. These updates include many really cool new features for the camera, new multitasking capabilities and many more great features like the iTunes book store. However, users that have the older 3G model may miss out on some of the coolest features because Jobs claims that their processor is simply not capable of keeping up with these advanced features.

This is one of the biggest software updates apple has rolled out for its huge population of mobile devices to date. This new mobile operating system will attempt to bring all of the iPhones, iPod Touch's and iPads up to a level playing ground for the users sake and mostly for the developers who are cranking out new apps at an unprecedented rate these days. For many this will give them a whole new experience with features that they have never had been able to use before. Some people who have already jailbroken their phones may think that these updates are minimalistic compared to the control and customization that they have experienced by unlocking the iPhone OS.

Apple plans on getting rid of these non-standard installations on the iPhone models altogether very soon. The iPhones that have a jailbroken or home brewed OS on them currently have never been looked at as a problem, because Apple has never specifically added anything to their EULA or End User Licence Agreement to disallow such software tweaks, until now. Apple reps are saying that users who have upgraded to the iTunes V9.2 or who have already installed the iOS V4 software have already agreed not to alter the software on these Apple products in any way that is not intended by the manufacturer. Furthermore, if you do continue to use your jailbroken phone, they will know and your service may be terminated. This will be one big surprise for many users as they are not making it very well known that this will be an issue moving forward.

If you are going to be using a altered version of the iPhone operating system, you must use an older version of iTunes and the iPhone OS to make sure that you are still within the agreement licensing terms, so before you jailbreak you may wan to think twice!

What this is trying to say is...
    Your iDevice is relieved of service when jailbroken. This has been since iTunes 9.2 and iOS 4.0. And I already got both of them... And I'm planning to jailbreak it with redsn0w also. So, in order to use a jailbroken iPhone, you have to have iTunes 9.1.X or below with iPhone OS 3.1.3 or below. Just to note that this does not affect iPhone EDGE and iPod Touch 1g users, since iOS 4 is dead and gone for those users, just don't update iTunes.

I still think Apple does not have the right to terminate service. Jailbreaking AND unlocking is not illegal under DMCA laws unless you pirate apps.

If you need itunes 9.1X lower go to oldapps.com

Credits: mikeac from romulation
    OH NOES! Apple terminating service to jailbroken iDevices!
    Apple
    Apple

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Sorry for double posting but that one was a bit long:

This is the reply from a fellow forumate:

Jailbreaking to install Cydia or other unofficial program grabbers does not infringe any laws. It is how you use it. Jailbreaking is an act of vertical privilege escalation, it opens up the file system to be accessed by third party applications and yourself.

"Privilege escalation is the act of exploiting a bug or design flaw in a software application to gain access to resources which normally would have been protected from an application or user. The result is that the application performs actions with more privileges than intended by the application developer or system administrator.

Vertical privilege escalation, also known as privilege elevation, where a lower privilege user accesses functions or content reserved for higher privilege users."

If apple cuts off the iDevice users who have jailbroken, they are practically forced to pirate apps.
    iPhone tethering doesn't really affect Apple, it affects AT&T. And tethering is now officially allowed: iPhone tethering blessed by AT&T for iPhone 4
    Can't say much about pirated apps and emulators. About ten percent of iDevice users have jailbroken and about forty percent have pirated apps. That means only four percent are breaking the law, not including emulators. With emulators and other illegal apps, I'd say around sixty percent of jailbreak users (including the app pirates) have emulators and other law breaking in general apps on their iPod.

Jailbreakers are people who want more custom and/or free options. Just like all the members on this community who have downloaded any game or installed any custom firmware on systems like the Wii, PSP, and DS.

Nobody cares about the Sony Store cause half of the people using the PSP pirate almost every game they get. A few people complained, so PSNLover is now out.

Im starting to rethink buying that ipod touch D:

Reply from the thread starter:

I never said jailbreaking was against the law, but it's against Apple's EULA as of now, they're free to do what they want with that. They're allowed to block them out of their services if they chose to do so.
    Last edited by 11lastname; 06-30-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing ...its nice about the unlocking issue , Recently i unlock my phone using codes from http://www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/ can i make use of this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Just don't jailbreak...I did this too, and my iPod was crashing all the time like freeze or shut down without reason.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    TL;DR, sorry.

Are you serious?
    My iPhone 4 and 3G iPad are gonna lose service? T_T

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Lol thank god i never updated to 9.2. it keeps asking me and i was like no!