YAY, a full sig tut, so, listen up
1) Make a document with a black background, I made mine 400x150
2) Alot of people use clouds in their sig, but I prefer just brushing, so take out your favorite brushes in white, and start brushing. My burshes are Here
3) Continue brushing until the sig looks fairly full, this is a simple sig tut, so I'm not going to go into more layers of brushing, although feel free to experiment with more layers and such. This is my result
4) ok, thats enough brushing for now, time for the render, I'd advise going to the Gamerenders Forums
and looking around for something you like, once you've saved the image, in this case, a master chief, open it up in photoshop
5) Now, that renders a little bit big huh? Just go Image>Image Size and decide how big it is, see it says how big it is in pixels? Click on pixels, and it drops down, in the drop-down menu, select percent, it makes it a bit easier, I'll cut my render in half.
6) Now, with your lasso tool, cut out the render you now have in half, mine is a clear png, so I can cut out rather generally, but if your render has a white background, you have to be more careful
7)copy and paste the selection onto your sig, and push ctrl+t to move it around in the sig. I go this
8)Now, take out the lasso tool, and set your feather to 35 px, and draw generally around your render, don't be careful, you want to cut some off
9) Now, with it still selected, click the add layer mask button
10) Now your render should look kinda blended. This next step is optional, I'll desaturate my render by going to Layer>New Layer>Hue/Saturation and putting your saturation bar al the way at the left. Then click ok. This is what mine looks like so far
11)Time for color, there are several ways to do this, but I'll do the more complex way simply because thats what I want to do. Go Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Color Balance and fiddle with the sliders until you get what you want.
12) Now, I want this sig to be kinda grungy, so if you want, go filter>render>clouds on your color balance layer, which fades the color.\
13) ok, you can call that sig, but I want my colors to be more grungy, so I'm gonna repeat step 11 and 12 several more tomes with different colors, feel free to do this, or just keep it blue like mine.
14) Now, just add text, depending on your sig, different text would look good. I'm using the freshbot font, with a simple outer glow. Here's the final result
And thats my tut, feel free to ask questions and post yout results