Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad4454 View Post
    everything was fine for me before the patch now i get file different from server error on some maps not all but its only an issue on the old maps no problems with the new ones and yes i have the dlc pack i have uninstalled the textures and reinstalled also uninstalled/reinstalled mw3 and still get the same file different from server error so obviously something changed in the games core files, perhaps it only affects those who have the dlc pack
    This is a problem everyone with the DLC has. Basically no one with the DLC can connect to non-DLC matchmaking/servers. A patch is coming but it has nothing to do with the texture hack.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad4454 View Post
    no it isn't working at all it seems with the new patch iw changed around some files in the game so now all we can do is make the fixes ourselves or in cases such as mine just hope that house makes the update/fixes and sets out another release
    Mine works perfectly. Even with the DLC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I didn't use the reduce foliage and i got banned...

Also when the hell did they change the agreement? I agreed to the one they said that "Skins" were not vac bannable.

Now they are claiming they can now ban for it
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-Radz-6869
    It's probably not the actual skins that got you banned but the "automatic installer" that got you banned.
    If you left steam running while installing the skins then you got nailed for running an illegal EXE via VAC.

Don't think for one minute that they haven't downloaded House's files and added the EXE signature to their VAC database.

I always run the installer on another machine that does not have steam installed. I just copy over the necessary MW3 files, run the installer and copy the files back to my gaming PC. That way the EXE never existed on my gaming PC.

I got nailed on Counter Strike YEARS ago because I was running an EXE to swap out texture files. I played MW2 with replaced textures for entire life of the game and NEVER was banned. Been playing MW3 without any issues as well. Hopefully House will patch up the textures for use on the DLC.

Thanks to House and good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jerricho For This Useful Post:

xodak (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Steam does not do checks for running anything while you're outside of the game. And they still do not give out actual bans for texture modding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    ok dowloaded all the files what do i do cant see to get it working

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mybaby101 View Post
    Originally Posted by Nomad4454
    no it isn't working at all it seems with the new patch iw changed around some files in the game so now all we can do is make the fixes ourselves or in cases such as mine just hope that house makes the update/fixes and sets out another release
    Quote Originally Posted by mybaby101 View Post
    Mine works perfectly. Even with the DLC.
    mine works fine with the DLC also, however if i try to play on the non-DLC "original maps" with the textures installed i get the "files different from server" message on some maps.

Off the top of my head Mission and Carbon are affected by this.

Arkaden is playable for me with the textures installed and not sure of others those are just the ones that i know off the top of my head that i was or was not able to play on.

so basically i can use the textures without any issues if i only play on the new DLC maps

if i try to play on the non DLC maps i get "files different from server" message on a lot of them basically making the standard playlists unplayable for me with the textures installed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    are you sure you can play always without the textures on non dlc maps? Couldt it just be lucky that the host of a that nondlc map also had bought the dlc package? in case of that you can join.... It doenst make any sense because when you enalble dlc and search for normal playlists you also get the old maps, and the new ones mixed, and then it works propper? i also have the dlc files problem.. but i have it when i reinstall the game completly to..... its just sometimes once in a while i can join old playlists, thats a bug for the dlc atm, they say they work on it, i talked to an activision on the support chat.. he actualy said i have to logout from steam, close the program, then log back in, en verify the integrity of the game cache, (then you also loose youre models) but i just keep getting the same error, sometimes i can play 10 games without the error, and then 15 with... it doenst make any sense at all

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    i found and error that causes you not to be able to play the game it is the gold desert eagle hack it is under *.iwd6 when the file is wrote to *.iwd 5

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jerricho View Post
    It's probably not the actual skins that got you banned but the "automatic installer" that got you banned.
    If you left steam running while installing the skins then you got nailed for running an illegal EXE via VAC.

Don't think for one minute that they haven't downloaded House's files and added the EXE signature to their VAC database.

I always run the installer on another machine that does not have steam installed. I just copy over the necessary MW3 files, run the installer and copy the files back to my gaming PC. That way the EXE never existed on my gaming PC.

I got nailed on Counter Strike YEARS ago because I was running an EXE to swap out texture files. I played MW2 with replaced textures for entire life of the game and NEVER was banned. Been playing MW3 without any issues as well. Hopefully House will patch up the textures for use on the DLC.

Thanks to House and good luck.
    IDK what's wrong with yours.

The only thing i installed using chromatix are the allies and enemies change color and clear scope, nothing else. Maybe it's the other files?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hey
    Today just got an error message something about "IW_25.iwd is different from the servers"
    Do i have to worry about it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Fix/Word-Around for "Files different from server" errors and the like...

Everyone having "Files different from server" and the like, textures are NOT the problem. The DLC is flawed and it's all server side. Until they (IW/Sledgehammer) patch it, you are stuck.

[Fix] DLC joining non-DLC servers "Files different" error - Steam Users' Forums

^ That fix is just a work around. Essentially it just totally disables your DLC (which you can easily re-install if you want) so you only connect to non-dlc hosts.

This is NOT a problem with the textures or any other release on MPGH, it is a problem with the PC DLC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by WeedWaffleZ View Post
    Everyone having "Files different from server" and the like, textures are NOT the problem. The DLC is flawed and it's all server side. Until they (IW/Sledgehammer) patch it, you are stuck.

[Fix] DLC joining non-DLC servers "Files different" error - Steam Users' Forums

^ That fix is just a work around. Essentially it just totally disables your DLC (which you can easily re-install if you want) so you only connect to non-dlc hosts.

This is NOT a problem with the textures or any other release on MPGH, it is a problem with the PC DLC.
    I can attest that this is true. As can many many others.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by modernninja View Post
    I can attest that this is true. As can many many others.
    Indeed as I can also.

Thanks
    Error
    ---------------------------
    Couldn't load image 'preview_mp_meteora_vote'
    ---------------------------

anyone got a solution??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    how do I run the wallhack as in the 3º video :/

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast