Thread: scamming amazon

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 129
  1. #106
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    the probability of a negative outcome
    the negative outcome still has to do with the risk itself, just because the probability is the same doesn't mean the risk is the same. so hypothetically speaking, you're trying to tell me if the probability of being caught stealing a candy bar and the probability of being caught robbing a bank is the same then the risk is the same. wrong wrong wrong. the negative outcome still factors into the risk, and when you're talking about crimes, usually the consequence of being caught outweighs the probability of being caught, any criminal that's even been caught can tell you that. that's risk. thanks for trying though.
    It's ok, you're wrong. It's hard to deal with, but you'll get through it.

    Not even reading these anymore, but it's funny to see you try so hard.



  2. #107
    Snowkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    859
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    It's ok, you're wrong. It's hard to deal with, but you'll get through it.

    Not even reading these anymore, but it's funny to see you try so hard.
    you say i'm wrong with no further argument and lack of evidence proving your case. i proved you wrong. deal with it kid.

    me proving you wrong right here
    the probability of a negative outcome
    the negative outcome still has to do with the risk itself, just because the probability is the same doesn't mean the risk is the same. so hypothetically speaking, you're trying to tell me if the probability of being caught stealing a candy bar and the probability of being caught robbing a bank is the same then the risk is the same. wrong wrong wrong. the negative outcome still factors into the risk, and when you're talking about crimes, usually the consequence of being caught outweighs the probability of being caught, any criminal that's even been caught can tell you that. that's risk. thanks for trying though.
    The One and Only...

  3. #108
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    you say i'm wrong with no further argument and lack of evidence proving your case. i proved you wrong. deal with it kid.

    me proving you wrong right here
    You've just been telling me this entire time what you think risk means, when it clearly doesn't mean what you think it does.

    Me proving you wrong 6 pages ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    "the likelihood of being caught is low, but the risk involved with doing it is high."

    If the likelihood of being caught is low, the risk is low. And vice-versa. You said the opposite.
    Likelihood of getting caught = probability of getting caught = risk of getting caught

    zzz



  4. #109
    Snowkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    859
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You've just been telling me this entire time what you think risk means, when it clearly doesn't mean what you think it does.

    Me proving you wrong 6 pages ago:


    Likelihood of getting caught = probability of getting caught = risk of getting caught

    zzz
    you are too arrogant to realize it also has to do with what getting caught entails. what you're saying is not wrong but it also isn't completely right. you trying to tell me i'm wrong is just stupid because i'm right in both ways, basically you're only half right. and you can't admit it because i was more right to begin with then you have been the whole time. I've proven this and now you can only go back to quote the beginning statement because you literally can not argue my points anymore because they are completely correct.
    so hypothetically speaking, you're trying to tell me IF the probability of being caught stealing a candy bar and the probability of being caught robbing a bank is the same then the risk is the same.
    this would mean that the hypothetical risk between stealing a candy bar and the risk between robbing a bank is the same if the probability of getting caught is the same. you refuse to see that consequence has anything to do with risk.
    that's all i have to say to prove your entire argument wrong on the grounds that risk isn't just probability alone.
    Last edited by Snowkip; 04-17-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    The One and Only...

  5. #110
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    you are too arrogant to realize it also has to do with what getting caught entails. what you're saying is obviously wrong.

    that's all i have to say to prove your entire argument wrong...
    That's OK, comparing the probability of getting caught for two crimes is not relevant. You said the risk of getting caught was different than the probability of getting caught for one crime. They are the same fucking thing.



  6. #111
    M.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IDK.. ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    433
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    45
    IKR, he's completely stupid .. IF I was him i would never do that more than one time ..
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE DEAL WITH IT

  7. #112
    Snowkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    859
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    That's OK, comparing the probability of getting caught for two crimes is not relevant. You said the risk of getting caught was different than the probability of getting caught for one crime. They are the same fucking thing.
    you still don't understand. there's more to it than probability. let me try to put it in simple words. if you had the same chance of getting caught in a bank robbery as getting caught stealing a candy bar, would that mean the risk of those two separate crimes were the same? No, but that is what you are saying. That risk is just probability. The reason the risk isn't the same is because if you get caught stealing a candy bar you get a misdemeanor for shoplifting, if you get caught robbing a bank the consequence is much higher therefore the risk is higher even if the probability of getting caught is the same. This means that yes, probability is part of risk, but the negative outcome itself is an even bigger part of risk than probability itself. For example, if there was no negative outcome, there would be no risk in the first place. You have been completely proven wrong a number of times now using this argument, if you still don't understand then reread this paragraph until you do.
    The One and Only...

  8. #113
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,395
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    you still don't understand. there's more to it than probability. let me try to put it in simple words. if you had the same chance of getting caught in a bank robbery as getting caught stealing a candy bar, would that mean the risk of those two separate crimes were the same? No, but that is what you are saying. That risk is just probability. The reason the risk isn't the same is because if you get caught stealing a candy bar you get a misdemeanor for shoplifting, if you get caught robbing a bank the consequence is much higher therefore the risk is higher even if the probability of getting caught is the same. This means that yes, probability is part of risk, but the negative outcome itself is an even bigger part of risk than probability itself. For example, if there was no negative outcome, there would be no risk in the first place. You have been completely proven wrong a number of times now using this argument, if you still don't understand then reread this paragraph until you do.
    ​If the chance to be caught is the same, they have the same risk.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  9. #114
    M.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IDK.. ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    433
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    45
    All those spider faggot jokes
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE DEAL WITH IT

  10. #115
    Snowkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    859
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    ​If the chance to be caught is the same, they have the same risk.
    So you're telling me if the chance to be caught shoplifting was the same as the murder the risk would be the same? Even though in some states you may be given the death sentence for murder and in all states shoplifting is a slap on the wrist they give you a $50 fine and you're free to go. You honestly think the risk between them would be the same? That risk has nothing to do with the negative outcome it is solely based on probability?
    The One and Only...

  11. #116
    Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my swamp, taking a fat ogre shit
    Posts
    7,564
    Reputation
    744
    Thanks
    1,534
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    you still don't understand. there's more to it than probability. let me try to put it in simple words. if you had the same chance of getting caught in a bank robbery as getting caught stealing a candy bar, would that mean the risk of those two separate crimes were the same? No, but that is what you are saying. That risk is just probability. The reason the risk isn't the same is because if you get caught stealing a candy bar you get a misdemeanor for shoplifting, if you get caught robbing a bank the consequence is much higher therefore the risk is higher even if the probability of getting caught is the same. This means that yes, probability is part of risk, but the negative outcome itself is an even bigger part of risk than probability itself. For example, if there was no negative outcome, there would be no risk in the first place. You have been completely proven wrong a number of times now using this argument, if you still don't understand then reread this paragraph until you do.
    Let me put it this way.

    The risk of getting caught = The probability of getting caught
    What you risk by getting caught != The probability of getting caught
    The risk of getting caught != What you risk by getting caught


    I don't give a flying fuck about what you risk for getting caught, because you only said that there was a higher risk than there was likelihood. You never implied anything else in your usage of "risk". The way you use a word matters, and consequence was never implied in the way you used it.

    This argument isn't getting anywhere, but you'll respond anyway. I'm off to my postban.



  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paladin For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (04-17-2013)

  13. #117
    M.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IDK.. ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    433
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    So you're telling me if the chance to be caught shoplifting was the same as the murder the risk would be the same? Even though in some states you may be given the death sentence for murder and in all states shoplifting is a slap on the wrist they give you a $50 fine and you're free to go. You honestly think the risk between them would be the same? That risk has nothing to do with the negative outcome it is solely based on probability?
    Why don't you just chill down, It's not your life on stake here so what's the point of warning him any way if he get caught some of the people in MPGH will write some threads about that shit then LIFE GOES ON.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE DEAL WITH IT

  14. #118
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,395
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    So you're telling me if the chance to be caught shoplifting was the same as the murder the risk would be the same? Even though in some states you may be given the death sentence for murder and in all states shoplifting is a slap on the wrist they give you a $50 fine and you're free to go. You honestly think the risk between them would be the same? That risk has nothing to do with the negative outcome it is solely based on probability?
    Go look up the definition of risk for the way you used it, it is solely based upon the probability of a negative outcome. It isn't weight based upon the gravity of that outcome.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Paladin (04-17-2013)

  16. #119
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowkip View Post
    So you're telling me if the chance to be caught shoplifting was the same as the murder the risk would be the same? Even though in some states you may be given the death sentence for murder and in all states shoplifting is a slap on the wrist they give you a $50 fine and you're free to go. You honestly think the risk between them would be the same? That risk has nothing to do with the negative outcome it is solely based on probability?
    Risk is the involvement of danger, the potential chance of said danger. The risk is the same before being caught as the chance of getting caught is the same, the risk is the same. The risk of the severity of the charges is a separate story.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Paladin (04-17-2013)

  18. #120
    Snowkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    859
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Let me put it this way.

    The risk of getting caught = The probability of getting caught
    What you risk by getting caught != The probability of getting caught
    The risk of getting caught != What you risk by getting caught


    I don't give a flying fuck about what you risk for getting caught, because you only said that there was a higher risk than there was likelihood. You never implied anything else in your usage of "risk". The way you use a word matters, and consequence was never implied in the way you used it.

    This argument isn't getting anywhere, but you'll respond anyway. I'm off to my postban.
    You think that risk is solely based on probability, and I think that risk is based on the combination of probability and negative outcome. I would ask you to agree to disagree, but you obviously are incapable of agreeing to anything I say, like most of the other arrogant butt hurts around here.

    ---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Risk is the involvement of danger, the potential chance of said danger. The risk is the same before being caught as the chance of getting caught is the same, the risk is the same. The risk of the severity of the charges is a separate story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Go look up the definition of risk for the way you used it, it is solely based upon the probability of a negative outcome. It isn't weight based upon the gravity of that outcome.
    http://crimematters.files.word press...crime-risk.pdf
    page 3
    In particular:
     Risk: is the combination of the probability of an event and its consequence
     Consequence: is the outcome of an event
     Probability is the extent to which an event is likely to occur
     Event is the occurrence of a particular set of circumstances
    The One and Only...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 07:51 AM
  2. Just Scammed amazon
    By Wyo in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM
  3. Amazon is really easy to scam
    By InCognito in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
  4. Scammed
    By chc18 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:04 PM
  5. LOL @ Amazon those newbs
    By SATANICAT in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 05:47 PM