DebateFort - Where Warriors Come To Debate
RAGECRY - Funny, Amusing, Interesting, Trending & Viral Videos and Images
GameOrc - Free Flash Games Online
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Newbie
    MPGH Member
    swirlyfroob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    31
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    How does riot catch elo boosters?

    and how do you not get caught?

  2. #2
    MPGH Member
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,343
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    965
    It's highly unlikely unless there's a report on you with a lot of evidence. Here's a video on what I mean, keep in mind it's an old video but you'll get the point.


  3. #3
    PARTY HARD!!!
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,804
    Reputation
    1347
    Thanks
    2,486
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post
    It's highly unlikely unless there's a report on you with a lot of evidence. Here's a video on what I mean, keep in mind it's an old video but you'll get the point.

    Highly unlikely you say?
    I'm Killin' It.

    Rep. Power: 94



    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  4. #4
    MPGH Enemy #1
    Donator
    Boombox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your heart. <3
    Posts
    14,521
    Reputation
    2010
    Thanks
    2,316
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Wait, can you get banned for ELO boosting?

  5. #5
    MPGH Member
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,343
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post


    Highly unlikely you say?
    I could easily file a report on you. With the evidence I have, you'd get banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boombox View Post
    Wait, can you get banned for ELO boosting?
    Yes. It's breaking the rules which is "account sharing"

  6. #6
    MPGH Enemy #1
    Donator
    Boombox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your heart. <3
    Posts
    14,521
    Reputation
    2010
    Thanks
    2,316
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post


    I could easily file a report on you. With the evidence I have, you'd get banned.



    Yes. It's breaking the rules which is "account sharing"
    Even if they just Q with you?

  7. #7
    PARTY HARD!!!
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,804
    Reputation
    1347
    Thanks
    2,486
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombox View Post
    Even if they just Q with you?
    Well that's technically duo Queue not boosting.
    I'm Killin' It.

    Rep. Power: 94



    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  8. #8
    MPGH Member
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,343
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombox View Post
    Even if they just Q with you?
    There are different types of elo boost. Majority of elo boost involves them requiring your account so they can boost with another person that's on another account which makes their jobs easier.

  9. #9
    Member
    MPGH Member
    Resolude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Mellow
    IP addresses are saved each time you log in; they can search for patterns in a spike in MMR that correlates with an IP the account has never been on. Stuff like that allows them to find patterns and eventually come the conclusion that you were boosted.

  10. #10
    PARTY HARD!!!
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,804
    Reputation
    1347
    Thanks
    2,486
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolude View Post
    IP addresses are saved each time you log in; they can search for patterns in a spike in MMR that correlates with an IP the account has never been on. Stuff like that allows them to find patterns and eventually come the conclusion that you were boosted.
    I spike in MMR from many different IPs
    I'm Killin' It.

    Rep. Power: 94



    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  11. #11
    Member
    MPGH Member
    Resolude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post


    I spike in MMR from many different IPs
    So you travel a lot?

  12. #12
    PARTY HARD!!!
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,804
    Reputation
    1347
    Thanks
    2,486
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolude View Post
    So you travel a lot?
    Yeah...of course...
    I'm Killin' It.

    Rep. Power: 94



    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  13. #13
    I'm your destiny
    Donator
    The Corvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']
    Posts
    1,526
    Reputation
    270
    Thanks
    1,576
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Riot doesn't act theirself a lot.

    The moment they do something is when you win almost everything from a different ip while losing a lot of games on your own IP.
    Always ask me for a pm to verify you're talking to me on skype!
    Click here to add me on skype
    AIM: mpghcorvo@aim.com

Similar Threads

  1. Boosters.
    By Kristilize in forum Call of Duty Black Ops Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:02 AM
  2. [Discussion] Boosters
    By kleinaeinar in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 07:29 AM
  3. How to use Minecart Boosters
    By flameswor10 in forum Minecraft Tutorials
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
  4. Minecraft Boosters
    By Thane. in forum Minecraft Tutorials
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
  5. Boosters
    By Thane. in forum Minecraft Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM