Thread: Y so stubborn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired

    Y so stubborn?

    The fanbois of CoD always say CoD > all. You've been using the same engine since cod2, BF3 makes a whole new engine from scratch, each game you guys made, you only worked 9 months on, we've been working on bf3 for more than 2 years, yet you still say bf3 sucks and that it's all hype (when we have gameplay and you don't) and all around don't give us props on our effort (not to sound like I helped).

    The fuck. Stubborn bastards.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Miliam For This Useful Post:

    MinecraftLOL (07-31-2011),Parade (07-31-2011)

  3. #2
    frandaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    45
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i have to admit i know people that are like that.... but i only say that bf3 is going to be crap because i hated all of the bf's, i prefer cod because that is what i have been playing from day one.... i dont particulary like using huge maps and planes, i rather close quarter, adn doing quikscopeing( dont judge me lol), its great to go around and quikscope people, rather than sit wait and pick off peoplefrom a huge distance away..just not my type of game.. i am not judging it though dont get me wrong bf3 is going to be awsome, just not for me.
    10 posts [o]

    20 posts [o]

    30 posts [o]

    40 posts [o]

    50 posts [o]

    75 posts [o]

    100posts [o]

    200posts [x]

    10000posts [unlikley]
    PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED

  4. #3
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Sup BF3 fanboi, I see you still have no idea how CoD works.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

    Skyline. (08-03-2011)

  6. #4
    Parade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    City 17
    Posts
    1,878
    Reputation
    69
    Thanks
    118
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    We all know Battlefield 3 is the better game. CoD fanboys hate large maps cause they don't know how to use vehicles.
    Last edited by Parade; 07-31-2011 at 10:43 AM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Parade For This Useful Post:

    MinecraftLOL (07-31-2011)

  8. #5
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    K now that I have the time, let me tell you why you are wrong.

    First off, your primary argument against CoD is that is uses an engine from CoD2. Even if this statement were not blatantly wrong, its a pretty shitty argument in of itself. CoD 1 and 2 both used slightly modified versions of an unnamed build of the idtech engine. CoD4 branched out with its own engine which was a more modified version of previous engines, and was named the IW3 engine. MW2 used an even more updated version called IW4 engine.

    Now that you know that they have not been using the same engine the whole time,let me explain to you why it would be a bad thing for them not to. The idtech engine (and its successors IW3 and IW4) are incredibly stable and easy to work with. Adding in new features is easy, and making gameplay changes is simple. It also has the ability to run on many many computers, with still acceptable graphics. People dont have to go out and buy new parts just to keep playing the game at the same graphics every 4 years. I have two other computers in my house that would get shit on all day by my current gaming rig that can still run every CoD game. And not only does the game play on older gen computers, it if anything is simply for the sake of consistency. If one game used the IWX engine, and the next game used the Unreal engine, there would be major difference between the games which would cause a big damper on fans of the series.

    So no, they have not been using the same engine, but rather, taking the original one and building on it every year to crank out nicer graphics, more stability, and the ability to play on pretty much any midgrade computer out there. If you ask me, that far outweighs the ability to shoot holes in walls and cut down trees. Which btw, none of the BF games support full destructible environments. afaik no game out there currently does.

    Using the argument that your games take longer to make just seems kind of silly. I just took a big shit that came out pretty quick, but I can assure you that it smelled no better than one I could have sat around hours for waiting for, if you catch my drift. Because by your logic, Duke Nukem Forever would be > every game ever seeing as how it took 14 years to make.

    As for the rest of it, particularly as to what parade said, its all a matter of opinion. I made the comparison a while ago that comparing MW3 and BF3 is like comparing Sonic and Super Mario. They may be the same genre, but thats where the similarities end. They are two completely separate games, that play, look, and feel far different from one another. If you like one than fine, but you can't say shit to anybody else when it comes to their opinions.

    And as a personal note, CoD fanboys about 2-3 years ago used to be really annoying online and everywhere else, but it seems that now that they have stopped being so annoying, the BF fanboys took it upon themselves to be twice as annoying as any CoD fanboy ever was. Not one new article dealing with BF3 or MW3 doesnt have a slew of comments from BF3 fanboys droning on with their usual drivel: "HUURRRR YEAHHHHH BATTLE FEEEEEELLLLD YEAHHHHHH COD SUCKS BF3 ALL DAY HURRRRRRRRRRR YEAHHHHHHH" with drool flying from their mouths while hitting themselves with any nearby hard objects.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

    Skyline. (08-03-2011)

  10. #6
    Parade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    City 17
    Posts
    1,878
    Reputation
    69
    Thanks
    118
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    K now that I have the time, let me tell you why you are wrong.

    First off, your primary argument against CoD is that is uses an engine from CoD2. Even if this statement were not blatantly wrong, its a pretty shitty argument in of itself. CoD 1 and 2 both used slightly modified versions of an unnamed build of the idtech engine. CoD4 branched out with its own engine which was a more modified version of previous engines, and was named the IW3 engine. MW2 used an even more updated version called IW4 engine.

    Now that you know that they have not been using the same engine the whole time,let me explain to you why it would be a bad thing for them not to. The idtech engine (and its successors IW3 and IW4) are incredibly stable and easy to work with. Adding in new features is easy, and making gameplay changes is simple. It also has the ability to run on many many computers, with still acceptable graphics. People dont have to go out and buy new parts just to keep playing the game at the same graphics every 4 years. I have two other computers in my house that would get shit on all day by my current gaming rig that can still run every CoD game. And not only does the game play on older gen computers, it if anything is simply for the sake of consistency. If one game used the IWX engine, and the next game used the Unreal engine, there would be major difference between the games which would cause a big damper on fans of the series.

    So no, they have not been using the same engine, but rather, taking the original one and building on it every year to crank out nicer graphics, more stability, and the ability to play on pretty much any midgrade computer out there. If you ask me, that far outweighs the ability to shoot holes in walls and cut down trees. Which btw, none of the BF games support full destructible environments. afaik no game out there currently does.

    Using the argument that your games take longer to make just seems kind of silly. I just took a big shit that came out pretty quick, but I can assure you that it smelled no better than one I could have sat around hours for waiting for, if you catch my drift. Because by your logic, Duke Nukem Forever would be > every game ever seeing as how it took 14 years to make.

    As for the rest of it, particularly as to what parade said, its all a matter of opinion. I made the comparison a while ago that comparing MW3 and BF3 is like comparing Sonic and Super Mario. They may be the same genre, but thats where the similarities end. They are two completely separate games, that play, look, and feel far different from one another. If you like one than fine, but you can't say shit to anybody else when it comes to their opinions.

    And as a personal note, CoD fanboys about 2-3 years ago used to be really annoying online and everywhere else, but it seems that now that they have stopped being so annoying, the BF fanboys took it upon themselves to be twice as annoying as any CoD fanboy ever was. Not one new article dealing with BF3 or MW3 doesnt have a slew of comments from BF3 fanboys droning on with their usual drivel: "HUURRRR YEAHHHHH BATTLE FEEEEEELLLLD YEAHHHHHH COD SUCKS BF3 ALL DAY HURRRRRRRRRRR YEAHHHHHHH" with drool flying from their mouths while hitting themselves with any nearby hard objects.
    Newp, Battlefield 3 is still the better game.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Parade For This Useful Post:

    MinecraftLOL (07-31-2011)

  12. #7
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Parade View Post
    Newp, Battlefield 3 is still the better game.
    Wasn't op complaining about how ignorant and stubborn CoD fanboys are? I prove you and OP wrong and the only thing you can do is post this?


    Well, this looks like another victory for CoD players.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  13. #8
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Parade View Post
    Newp Newp, Battlefield 3 is still better.
    Deleted that the last time you posted it because now you are just spamming. posting the same thing over and over doesn't make you less wrong, and actually shows just how mad you are that I proved you and OP wrong. You have nothing to say that would even come close to an intelligible discussion, so now you resort to becoming the very thing that OP was complaining about.

    GG, CoD still wins.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  14. #9
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Bf3 or gtfo


    Keep forgetting it's cod4's engine, off my dick.

    My whole how long it takes part was to show the amount of effort involved.

    Dipshits will be dipshits and think this thread is saying BF3 is better than MW3, when it's really about your fanbois.

    See how easy it was to respond to your essay of a response to a simple topic?




    The point of the thread was that your little buddies are coming to the bf3 section and talking shit on us, refusing to give respect where it's deserved. Went through your section and checked to see if any BF3 people were posting shit like you guys post in our section. After further investigation, the answer is not really. Give me a post where a BF3 boi was saying just completely dumb shit.


    An example of what one of your bois said in our section

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Are you kidding me? MW3 gameplay "unclear"? Im so sick and tired of hearing about fucking frostbite. Guess what? Graphics don't make a game good. Destruction? You mean a house collapsing the same way over and over again? So realistic. You know what's going to put BF away? Survival mode. That's right, survival mode is going to be bigger then zombies ever was, this is the butter smooth gameplay of MW were talking about. The best part of survival mode? You can play it on multiplayer maps, and meanwhile in BF's HQ they finally decide to put in team deathmatch. You want a realistic game? Ok then before you get in that there tank you have to be trained to operate it, one does not just jump in a fucking TANK and automatically become a master at driving and shooting it now do they? Please, BF is all hype like black ops was. People are all excited because they saw some guys crawling on a roof and then shoot a building woopty fucking doo. MW3>BF3
    Completely dumb shit.

    Another reason why we don't have a minion on the BF section, our bois aren't ridiculous like yours are.
    Last edited by J Miliam; 07-31-2011 at 03:20 PM.

  15. #10
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    Bf3 or gtfo


    Keep forgetting it's cod4's engine, off my dick.

    My whole how long it takes part was to show the amount of effort involved.

    Dipshits will be dipshits and think this thread is saying BF3 is better than MW3, when it's really about your fanbois.

    See how easy it was to respond to your essay of a response to a simple topic?




    The point of the thread was that your little buddies are coming to the bf3 section and talking shit on us, refusing to give respect where it's deserved. Went through your section and checked to see if any BF3 people were posting shit like you guys post in our section. After further investigation, the answer is not really. Give me a post where a BF3 boi was saying just completely dumb shit.
    Pretty much every single post involving BF3. And if CoD fanboys are in your section, deal with it. But coming over here and spamming this section is not going to fix it. Its not my fault they are in your section. If you think they dont need to be, or are spamming and causing trouble report them like you are supposed to.

    And I have seen very little immaturity from the CoD fanboys lately, especially compared to the BF fanboys who run around every single forum and news site bantering on with their drivel with no point, or any sense in their posts, much like parade was doing. Just pointless fanboyism.

    But do keep in mind, that every game is going to have fanboys. Halo, CoD, BF, every game and especially AAA games are going to have fanboys. If you dont like them, ignore them. Its as simple as that. Making a topic to complain about them is not going to do anything.

    And that was all of 5 paragraphs. If you call that an essay, I fear for the future of your english classes.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  16. #11
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Pretty much every single post involving BF3. And if CoD fanboys are in your section, deal with it. But coming over here and spamming this section is not going to fix it. Its not my fault they are in your section. If you think they dont need to be, or are spamming and causing trouble report them like you are supposed to.

    And I have seen very little immaturity from the CoD fanboys lately, especially compared to the BF fanboys who run around every single forum and news site bantering on with their drivel with no point, or any sense in their posts, much like parade was doing. Just pointless fanboyism.

    But do keep in mind, that every game is going to have fanboys. Halo, CoD, BF, every game and especially AAA games are going to have fanboys. If you dont like them, ignore them. Its as simple as that. Making a topic to complain about them is not going to do anything.

    And that was all of 5 paragraphs. If you call that an essay, I fear for the future of your english classes.
    Check the edit.

    Give me 1 post of some dumb shit a BF boi said. Just one.

    All games have fanbois, known, but each game has different ones.

    Going into my sophomore year of high school, it is an essay

    I'm obviously not going to college for english or anything of that nature, so I don't have to worry about english classes (aside from my AP high school classes
    Last edited by J Miliam; 07-31-2011 at 03:23 PM.

  17. #12
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    So let me get this straight. You think that just because someone said something dumb on the internet, that you dont want to play the game anymore? Or at all?

    Not wanting to play it is one thing, but it is a very widely excepted fact that communities for games are more often than not, dumb as hell. I suggest you learn that before continuing on with threads like this. The quality of the games has nothing to do with the quality of the people that play it.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  18. #13
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    So let me get this straight. You think that just because someone said something dumb on the internet, that you dont want to play the game anymore? Or at all?

    Not wanting to play it is one thing, but it is a very widely excepted fact that communities for games are more often than not, dumb as hell. I suggest you learn that before continuing on with threads like this. The quality of the games has nothing to do with the quality of the people that play it.
    Not even close, but go ahead.

    I don't understand your premise of the second paragraph because my thread was a question.

  19. #14
    Jakob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,722
    Reputation
    237
    Thanks
    505
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    You mention how annoying cod fanboys are and stubborn, yet we have to put up with this type of shit all day.
    Self defence

  20. #15
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    Not even close, but go ahead.

    I don't understand your premise of the second paragraph because my thread was a question.
    Actually its exactly what you are saying. And if you can't understand, perhaps you should consider re-learning basic comprehension skills because I though I made myself pretty clear.

    You are saying that CoD fanboys are ignorant, and are hating pointlessly on BF. And yet BF fans do the same thing, so there is absolutely no need to point fingers at either side. You being an obvious BF fanboy will not listen to anything a CoD fanboy says (which I assume you think I am, which is wrong, I dont play much CoD at all anymore) and will be indifferent to reasoning that is provided to you if its contradicts your game. Same goes for CoD. CoD is far more popular player wise, so obviously there is going to be a bigger chance that the population is annoying. Its a fact of the online game world, and you need to learn to live with it.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast