Thread: VAC

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    jyyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    453
    My Mood
    Drunk

    VAC

    I was just reading alot about vac and found some nice info..

    Texture Hack is bannable but it should not be perm ban..

    Any other form of hack in mw3 will give permban..

    Stat changers will also give a ban if you fuck your stats up...

    Glicthes is always undetectable..

    Oh and they scan the files you use when playing games..

    Just a little info discuss..
    Thats almost baws!

  2. #2
    Assassinanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Under Your Desk ;3
    Posts
    332
    Reputation
    30
    Thanks
    109
    My Mood
    Bored
    Unless they've updated the rules about Texture Hacks this guy is obviously trolling.

    Besides, he's new to the forums. We can't fully trust someone like that right?

  3. #3
    jyyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    453
    My Mood
    Drunk
    They write that Tex hacks is bannable if they get detected but there is a very very little chance they do.. And if you get banned for it, it is a 1 week ban..
    Thats almost baws!

  4. #4
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by jyyt View Post
    They write that Tex hacks is bannable if they get detected but there is a very very little chance they do.. And if you get banned for it, it is a 1 week ban..
    PM me a link to where you read this. The only hacks that are VAC bannable are anything that force the client variables to differ from the servers. And VAC doesn't do 1 week bans, it CAN'T do 1 week bans, a VAC ban is ALWAYS permanent.

  5. #5
    jyyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    453
    My Mood
    Drunk
    That was not what all the guys said but I think I will belive in you..
    Thats almost baws!

  6. #6
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by jyyt View Post
    That was not what all the guys said but I think I will belive in you..
    As long as you're not editing anything in the game's engine, and just swapping materials files you should be fine If you could get VAC banned for texture editing then I would have been banned back in 2007 with CS:S

  7. #7
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    If you could get VAC banned for texture editing then I would have been banned back in 2007 with CS:S
    >Implying VAC never updates

    Texture editing was allowed back then because VAC couldn't detect it. The newest version can detect such edits..

  8. #8
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by aIW|Convery View Post
    >Implying VAC never updates

    Texture editing was allowed back then because VAC couldn't detect it. The newest version can detect such edits..
    Couldn't detect it? It was a HUGE feature about games that used the Game Cache File over standardized standalone methods of storing the physical material information Hence the reason there was a cvar called "consistency" and "pure", which just forced the client to use the materials from the .GCF file in comparison to the overwritten material file that was external from the GCF file They have no reason to go after standard retexturing methods unless they use another Anti-Cheat, VAC2 was not designed to attack people who just did small skinning on their games, people enjoy customizing their games. That wouldn't be an update, it would be a straight up downgrade for VAC and valve's business. I'm fairly certain they use VAC and another AC however, and considering the fact that I have custom skins for every FPS I play on steam I'm damn certain they don't VAC ban for that.

  9. #9
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Couldn't detect it? It was a HUGE feature about games that used the Game Cache File over standardized standalone methods of storing the physical material information Hence the reason there was a cvar called "consistency" and "pure", which just forced the client to use the materials from the .GCF file in comparison to the overwritten material file that was external from the GCF file They have no reason to go after standard retexturing methods unless they use another Anti-Cheat, VAC2 was not designed to attack people who just did small skinning on their games, people enjoy customizing their games. That wouldn't be an update, it would be a straight up downgrade for VAC and valve's business. I'm fairly certain they use VAC and another AC however, and considering the fact that I have custom skins for every FPS I play on steam I'm damn certain they don't VAC ban for that.
    >I'm telling you VAC couldn't detect it..
    >You start writing a book about a feature of the source engine and expects VAC to be able to apply that feature to every game.
    >Again with the same argument, "I have this undetected wallhack. Everyone on the forums say it's detected but I used it a year ago and I didn't get banned so it's undetected. You're all just nabs. If it was detected I would have been banned a year ago!!".

    And no, no game dev would say that they didn't want to have their game on steam nor would it decrease their profits just because some kids wouldn't be able to 'customize' their game to make the enemies glow in pink. Constantly updating to promote fair play is a selling point, not something that makes players (outside of MPGH and similar forums ofcourse) shy away.
    Last edited by aIW|Convery; 12-26-2011 at 06:32 AM.

  10. #10
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by aIW|Convery View Post
    >I'm telling you VAC couldn't detect it..
    >You start writing a book about a feature of the source engine and expects VAC to be able to apply that feature to every game.
    >Again with the same argument, "I have this undetected wallhack. Everyone on the forums say it's detected but I used it a year ago and I didn't get banned so it's undetected. You're all just nabs. If it was detected I would have been banned a year ago!!".

    And no, no game dev would say that they didn't want to have their game on steam nor would it decrease their profits just because some kids wouldn't be able to 'customize' their game to make the enemies glow in pink. Constantly updating to promote fair play is a selling point, not something that makes players (outside of MPGH and similar forums ofcourse) shy away.
    All you do is whine, and bitch, and try to make me sound like I know nothing, where in truth be told you haven't said a single thing to back up any of your statements. Everything you have said is obviously completely opinionated. Do you even know how marketing works? If what YOU say is true, then CS:S should have had a surplus of new players after Hidden Path revamped it to the Orange Box and updated the game, but NO, that didn't happen. What happened? They lost TONS of customers, and the common complaint was that CS:S was not as CUSTOMIZABLE as it was before. You're stuck in your little world of CoD, where it's a game of nothing but run n/ gun. Yes, CoD has millions of people playing it, but the marketing strategy behind CoD is NOT updating to make it better, it's to have constant releases of small insignificant detail changes to a game to make it SEEM new. Everything I see in CoD is the same, same details but with better graphics, they added some new material that was basically the just an innovation of their old material (offensive and defensive kill-streaks doesn't make a game better). Valve's games on their own are out for the customizable option of their gaming engine, such as the ability for Nexon to take the Source engine and make Vindictus, how the Counter-Strike series came out of GoldSrc and then the Source engine, etc, etc. So before you say another ">IMPLYING BLAHBLAHBLAH", sit back, shut the fuck up, and take a few marketing classes, because all you know how to do is be a part of a shitty free rip-off of CoD. You know nothing of Marketing. Actually, here, let me help you: 10 Places to Find Free Marketing Courses Online. Here are some links to some free online Marketing classes for your ignorant ass.

    Oh and by the way, the reason I type so much is so I can give every angle on an argument. All you do is say that the other person is wrong, and you don't give any real examples on how. You give opinionated statements. So how about you do some god damn research before trying to act like a pompous ass and shut the fuck up.

  11. #11
    aIW|Convery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,876
    Reputation
    124
    Thanks
    595
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

    and try to make me sound like I know nothing,
    There isn't really a need for me to try and do that, you're doing fine on your own :3

    Oh well, I guess I have to write a book as well.. *sigh*

    What you are trying to argue for is the customization of the player skin that will, in most cases be abused to make the players pink or yellow. However your arguments for it is being that people want customizable engines. While people do indeed want to be able to make mods and new maps as it improves the longevity of a game they enjoy playing you can't use that to argue for players wanting to change the color of the bullet nor the skins. Just because you want to make your gun look like a potato doesn't mean that others want and while you think that the potato gun will get the mindless masses to buy your game they simply wont. And that's where you have to stop being a fanboy and start looking at your arguments objectively.
    Sure, I'd love to have a potato gun, but I'm not going to say that the lack of a potato gun in another game will be the reason it doesn't sell as well as the game where you get potatoes.. and lunch..

    Something kids today don't learn in school is that correlation doesn't equal causation, using your example I can say that CS:S didn't sell as well as CS because the AK was too loud and therefore no one bought it, and that argument would be just as valid as yours. Also, you can't really compare a classic to its sequel, compare Tetris to some remake, guess which is more popular..

    As for COD, it's a popular game that doesn't really improve much over the years, though, the multiplayer is solid. For comparison take the Playstation controller, how much did it change over the past 15 years? Not at all because it's a concept that works. That ActivEvil are being assholes and release updates as a whole new game instead of as DLC is something completely different..

    Then again, how many copies of COD# is sold every year compared to a more customizable game? I mean, according to you no one would buy the game if it didn't allow you to make the enemies pink, right? Or at least green..
    So, again, you can't really argue that if a game doesn't allow you to do whatever you want will sell worse than one that doesn't when you have to include many of the largest games on the market right now in your 'exceptions list'.


    Though, you claim that I'm just whiny, bitchy and that my examples are terrible, which is your opinion, though you're the one saying "CS:S didn't sell as well as CS because it wasn't as focused on the part I liked".

    Ps. I just giggle when I see people having to resort to personal attacks when they can't argue for their cause, doesn't annoy me at all. Also, you having to write that I should shut up twice just because you can't argue is something you should really work on. Maybe I should link you some tutorials on it? :3
    Last edited by aIW|Convery; 12-26-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. JAvHAX v1.4 VAC 2 proof
    By Khrystal in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 07:20 AM
  2. Question\And Maybe Request About Vac Proof Cheats(CS 1.6)
    By Dekken in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
  3. Vac Banned Accounts Bypass
    By Dave84311 in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 05:44 PM
  4. GOT STEAM VAC BANNED!!!!!
    By sieko in forum CounterStrike (CS) 1.6 Hacks / Counter Strike: Source (CSS) Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 03:12 AM
  5. CWTFHACKERS >:S v1.0 - VIP - VAC 2 Proof Hack
    By Dave84311 in forum Hack/Release News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 01:43 PM