Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    When you're backed against the wall, break the god damn thing down
    MPGH Member
    TheEnlightenedOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    That's not what I meant. Owarimonogatari is a 7(currently) season series. This being the 7th.

    K isn't terrible. I like the art and ost. The story is decent, but it's not all that complex which is fine sometimes.




    >Animes
    It hurts


    I've watched Haikyuu(haven't started the second season) but from what I know about sports anime/manga is that the manga does just as equal as the anime. The only thing I compare it to is Kuroko's Basketball.
    Animes?? And I was talking about Seven Deadly Sins manga.

  2. #17
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedOne View Post


    Animes?? And I was talking about Seven Deadly Sins manga.
    It's not "Animes" it's just anime. That's what I was talking about.

    And what do you mean season two of the manga? It never ended or went on hiatus. New chapters come out Sunday/Monday.

  3. #18
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    [COLOR="Black"]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedOne View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][B]

    Is the manga better than the anime? Dude holy fk I love Haikyuu! its pretty intense and comical. I like anime's like that and HxH or Kuroko's basketball, yowashimu pedal. All good stuff.


    The manga of Seven Deadly Sins is a lot better because there is more attention to detail and the author is really good.


    I'll give Haikyuuu a try sometime, heard a lot of praise for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    K isn't terrible.
    Mmmmmm, I disagree.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I'm probably just bitching to bitch, but as with all things, when a show becomes mainstream and the merchandise is made and you see people who wouldn't bat an eye to anime before start calling the main character "OPM" and do these shitty "Goku vs. Saitama" arguments, can't really say I want that.
    I had a friend who made Saitama in Xenoverse before it became the next big thing.


    Used to beat people with just combo'ing lol.


  4. #19
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Mmmmmm, I disagree
    -Good art
    -Good OST
    -Shit Story
    -Fujoshit hints

    Pick your poison, I suppose. I'm all for a good OST.




    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I had a friend who made Saitama in Xenoverse before it became the next big thing.


    Used to beat people with just combo'ing lol.
    Haven't played Xenoverse yet, but I heard about the character selection a lot. Was his character bald? Or did it have the cape as well?

  5. #20
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    If your fav weekly series isnt One Punch Man or One Piece you're a retard.

  6. #21
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    If your fav weekly series isnt One Punch Man or One Piece you're a retard.
    >One Piece
    No thanks. Animation is shit thanks to Toei and the last I heard they're just picking like 4 panels from the manga to adapt per episode at this rate.

    >One Punch Man
    Way too overhyped at this point. The Boros fight will hopefully be done well, but after that, if they don't have a season two then it's just gonna....stop. There won't be a ending point with what they have planned.

  7. #22
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    >One Piece
    No thanks. Animation is shit thanks to Toei and the last I heard they're just picking like 4 panels from the manga to adapt per episode at this rate.

    >One Punch Man
    Way too overhyped at this point. The Boros fight will hopefully be done well, but after that, if they don't have a season two then it's just gonna....stop. There won't be a ending point with what they have planned.
    Didn't read once you used ">" because this isn't 4chan.

  8. #23
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Didn't read once you used ">" because this isn't 4chan.
    ...? You serious? Okay.


    • One Piece
    No thanks. Animation is shit thanks to Toei and the last I heard they're just picking like 4 panels from the manga to adapt per episode at this rate.

    • One Punch Man
    Way too overhyped at this point. The Boros fight will hopefully be done well, but after that, if they don't have a season two then it's just gonna....stop. There won't be a ending point with what they have planned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've used > to highlight the point of something way before using 4chan. It doesn't make a difference to me.

  9. #24
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    ...? You serious? Okay.


    • One Piece
    No thanks. Animation is shit thanks to Toei and the last I heard they're just picking like 4 panels from the manga to adapt per episode at this rate.

    • One Punch Man
    Way too overhyped at this point. The Boros fight will hopefully be done well, but after that, if they don't have a season two then it's just gonna....stop. There won't be a ending point with what they have planned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've used > to highlight the point of something way before using 4chan. It doesn't make a difference to me.
    >Giving animation studio more room to work with, drawing out a quickening plot without retarded fillers like Naruto did.

    >I don't know why I like one punch man but I think it's because he has the same workout routine as me.

  10. #25
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    >Giving animation studio more room to work with, drawing out a quickening plot without retarded fillers like Naruto did.

    >I don't know why I like one punch man but I think it's because he has the same workout routine as me.
    You seriously think Toei does this for room?

    >Dragon Ball Super
    -Poor animation
    -Pacing is bad

    >One Piece
    -Poor animation
    -Pacing is becoming slower and slower to "make room" for something major? Read the manga and the only thing major is the Doflamingo fight and that doesn't require a lot of animation. It's mostly still images and some explosions.

    >World Trigger
    -Poor animation
    -TERRIBLE pacing

    I'm sure there are more but they have so much shit that I can't bother to look through that. Toei is by far the worst animation studio to date, fighting DEEN for the shittiest quality out there.


    OPM is just what it is. It's a basic show that is meant to attract viewers for that basic reason we all love: fighting. It's not anything extreme and its not bad for that. I enjoy the webcomic and the anime. The only thing I complained about is the standard fanbase mainstream shows bring about.

  11. #26
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    You seriously think Toei does this for room?

    >Dragon Ball Super
    -Poor animation
    -Pacing is bad

    >One Piece
    -Poor animation
    -Pacing is becoming slower and slower to "make room" for something major? Read the manga and the only thing major is the Doflamingo fight and that doesn't require a lot of animation. It's mostly still images and some explosions.

    >World Trigger
    -Poor animation
    -TERRIBLE pacing

    I'm sure there are more but they have so much shit that I can't bother to look through that. Toei is by far the worst animation studio to date, fighting DEEN for the shittiest quality out there.


    OPM is just what it is. It's a basic show that is meant to attract viewers for that basic reason we all love: fighting. It's not anything extreme and its not bad for that. I enjoy the webcomic and the anime. The only thing I complained about is the standard fanbase mainstream shows bring about.
    One Punch Man is philosophical and I'm glad it's mainstream now. It deserves it because it caught my attention and I don't get into many animes but then it again it could be because of the on point intro.

    And I have started reading the manga since Naruto ended (it used to be the only manga i read). I've seen how short the don flamingo fight could be but realistically the entire fight once it gets started is going to take at least 6 episodes. I'm sure it'll be worth while, I never really understand manga but when I see the anime its always 10x better.

  12. #27
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    One Punch Man is philosophical and I'm glad it's mainstream now. It deserves it because it caught my attention and I don't get into many animes but then it again it could be because of the on point intro.
    I wouldn't really call OPM philosophical. Saitama is, but its not deep. This is what I was talking about earlier. It's a gag comic. The author has stated that there is nothing to think about.

    There is nothing wrong with a show getting support because its good. I just hate the fan-bases that follow through with these things.

    >People calling the main character OPM
    >"Goku vs. X" cliche
    >Random memes
    >Merchandise so poorly made that the only reason people buy it is because "muh favorite show."
    >Tumblr SJWs trying to make Saitama x Genos a thing(especially after episode 7)
    ^This is by far the worst of them all. They're not gay, they're not femine in any way, and they're not fucking. Fucking leave already.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    And I have started reading the manga since Naruto ended (it used to be the only manga i read). I've seen how short the don flamingo fight could be but realistically the entire fight once it gets started is going to take at least 6 episodes.
    No, it shouldn't take 6 episodes. With the way Toei paces things, they'll make it take 6 episodes. Hell, the Boros fight in OPM is only going to be 3, even with all the side character banter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    I never really understand manga but when I see the anime its always 10x better.
    ?

  13. #28
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I wouldn't really call OPM philosophical. Saitama is, but its not deep. This is what I was talking about earlier. It's a gag comic. The author has stated that there is nothing to think about.

    There is nothing wrong with a show getting support because its good. I just hate the fan-bases that follow through with these things.

    >People calling the main character OPM
    >"Goku vs. X" cliche
    >Random memes
    >Merchandise so poorly made that the only reason people buy it is because "muh favorite show."
    >Tumblr SJWs trying to make Saitama x Genos a thing(especially after episode 7)
    ^This is by far the worst of them all. They're not gay, they're not femine in any way, and they're not fucking. Fucking leave already.




    No, it shouldn't take 6 episodes. With the way Toei paces things, they'll make it take 6 episodes. Hell, the Boros fight in OPM is only going to be 3, even with all the side character banter.

    ?
    2 For the real fight to start (to get to luffys no spoilers), 2 for the (Luffy no spoilers) part, 2 for the recovery and final ending.

    thats 6. At minimum we could break it down to 4, but 6 or more would be properly paced.

    - - - Updated - - -

    idc what you say the author says I know for a fact One Punch Man has a lot to think about. Everything is obviously broken down into something realistic, it's just taken out of proportion (the reasoning or logic behind the situation) for anime and I think they've gotten this across nicely.

    OPM easily one of best animes of the decade up there with FMA.

  14. #29
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,201
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    2 For the real fight to start (to get to luffys no spoilers), 2 for the (Luffy no spoilers) part, 2 for the recovery and final ending.

    thats 6. At minimum we could break it down to 4, but 6 or more would be properly paced.

    - - - Updated - - -

    idc what you say the author says I know for a fact One Punch Man has a lot to think about. Everything is obviously broken down into something realistic, it's just taken out of proportion (the reasoning or logic behind the situation) for anime and I think they've gotten this across nicely.

    OPM easily one of best animes of the decade up there with FMA.
    Would say 4-5 is fine.


    Explain this "deeper meaning" that OPM has. Because when an author writes his entire series to be comical, but someone on the internet says "no it's deeper", you gotta back it up.

  15. #30
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,622
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Would say 4-5 is fine.


    Explain this "deeper meaning" that OPM has. Because when an author writes his entire series to be comical, but someone on the internet says "no it's deeper", you gotta back it up.
    You'll see when there is youtube videos of random skinny japanese guys running around in super hero costumes shaving their heads bald doing tons of exercise.

    I can't explain exactly but look at the last episode, it was pretty philosophical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's Everyones Favorite TV Show :)
    By uBit in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 03:49 AM
  2. what are your 3 favorite band?
    By ilnibert in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 09:11 AM
  3. [POLL]What is you're favorite game mode
    By XxeekXx in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
  4. What bagel is your favorite?
    By DC147 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
  5. What is your 2nd favorite website ?
    By SATANICAT in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 02:23 AM