Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194

    Tokyo Ghoul: re 56 - H O L Y F U C K -

    @Empire READ.

    (Each section of the spoilers has a picture URL attached to it. This is the panel, I suppose, where they're talking.)



    Title: Two Kings

    Continuing from the previous chapter where the top part of Owl’s head was sliced off by Kaneki, it starts regenerating the head.

    Eto: That hurt!~ Heeeeeeyyyyyy~
    Eto: moronshitscumtrash…

    Eto: YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOUUU U UUUU
    Eto: mamamamamekukukukugegegegege
    Eto: AGHAH! I’ll eat you up till you die!
    (sounds like gibberish to me atm)

    The form of the head part of Owl is not like how it was before but more like those small mouths that appeared in her kagune before.

    Eto: wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait agh!
    (she could be saying hug, not sure)

    Eto’s kagune sharply espands and attacks and Kaneki dodges it.


    ----

    Eto: The inside of my head goes shower shower shower shower.
    Eto: It’s becoming like planted trees! ABBLE! (apple)
    Eto: Once I’ve become like this, I can no longer stop…
    Eto: I’m hungry. I’m now interested in you.
    Eto: Something wonderful is flowing out…
    Eto: Eto-shan!
    Eto: AAAAAAHHHHH! AH! AH! AH! AH!

    Eto continues to attack Kaneki while Kaneki continues to dodge them.

    Eto: ANEKI-KUN!!! (the k is really omitted)
    Eto: So cool! WOOOO!
    Eto: Tension going boogie woogie.
    Eto: oh oh oh oh oh
    Eto: the inside of my head goes shower shower shower shower

    Kaneki reels himself back inside the builing but Eto quickly chased after him.



    Kaneki continues to maneuver around not even caring if he’s on the walls. Eto continues to chase after him.

    Eto: Ooh.

    Kaneki continues to avoid Eto.

    Eto: oh oh shore in the city
    Eto: Heeeey, I’m going to let you turn into my child.

    Kaneki skillfully uses his kagune and maneuvers from going over walls and then heading to the rooftop.

    Eto: Hey.



    Coincidentally, the wall that Kaneki maneuvered on had Matsuri on the rest moving nearby.

    Investigator: Special Class Washuu! Just now, that was…?!
    Matsuri: (The One-Eyed Owl and…)
    Matsuri: Sasaki…


    ---

    (note the eye changes here)
    Kaneki stops on top of a steel frame on the rooftop.

    Eto: Why are you running away? Let’s kill each other just once.
    Eto: Hee~ Etooo, ya!

    Eto prepares to attack again but Kaneki lets out several kagunes and violently pierces thru Eto.

    Eto: Gugee!!! (i’m not sure if she’s referring to naki’s lackeys but if not, it’s like arghhh!)

    What is left of Eto is her upper body and she is rendered weak.

    Eto: huff… ack… wow…
    Eto: re…d…ed…ed…ed…
    Eto: kaneki-kun… lick…

    As if to plant a kiss on Kaneki’s forehead, she lets out her tongue and it touches Kaneki’s left eye.

    Eto: I’ve come to like you a lot! It’s because the both of us are so similar!

    Kaneki: …

    As only Eto’s upper body was left, she falls onto the ground.

    Eto: Ufufu, ahahahahahahaha.
    Eto: I’m fluttering.

    Eto: I love you. Kaneki Ken.
    Eto: Ahahaha…

    Kaneki: It is an honor, Takatsuki-sensei.

    Kaneki narrows his eyes a bit as if seeing the fallen Eto off. (saying farewell so to say)



    Some time has passed and Ui and the rest arrive on the rooftop.

    Investigator: Special Class Ui.
    Ui: Quiet.

    A sound of something being gobbled can be heard.

    Ui: I can hear someth–!!
    Ui: Sasaki-kun, what are you do–

    Kaneki eats on the remaining lower half of Owl.


    - - - Updated - - -

    So theory updates right now even though we don't have full chapter out with translations and all, are Kaneki purposely ate her lower half to make it seem like the owl was killed by him. Her upper half is still somewhere at the bottom of the building, and since she has insane regen, it's highly possible that he did this on purpose. Obviously Yoshimura told him to save Eto, but not in any particular way. What did she want to be saved from? Probably life. She's suicidal, and you can see here that she wants to die. In a way, she just did. Maybe now she'll avoid her owl form and stick to the kagune antics.

    Obviously this is just a big theory and I'm probably wrong, but we'll see.

  2. #2
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Uh........ok.............


  3. #3
    Dareka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    326
    Reputation
    62
    Thanks
    29
    bro u high or naw

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dareka For This Useful Post:

    I Don't Love You (12-06-2015)

  5. #4
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Uh........ok.............
    That's your reaction to this chapter? Kaneki just defeated the OEK without his kakuja, and you're gonna say "Ok."

    m a t e

    Quote Originally Posted by Dareka View Post
    bro u high or naw
    not at all. Just hype as fuck.

  6. #5
    COD3RIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Posts
    4,959
    Reputation
    315
    Thanks
    22,447
    My Mood
    Busy
    hard to see without color


    Love you.
    ~Kenshit13
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaterman26 View Post
    COD3RIN PUT A BACKDOOR ON HIS OWN CHEAT HE HACK MY COMPUTER AND MY STEAM, DON'T TRUST THIS GUYS !

  7. #6
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by COD3RIN View Post
    hard to see without color
    What exactly is hard to see? Link the pic, because its pretty clear without it.

  8. #7
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    That's your reaction to this chapter? Kaneki just defeated the OEK without his kakuja, and you're gonna say "Ok."
    .
    Well the chapter isn't out yet so I'm just going to assume that's true......

    And?

    Meh, TG is pretty much always OP-insta-kills and that's fine, but OEK isn't that important.


    That's highlighting my issue with TG right there. There is supposedly this big baddy and I'm fine with that, but is the big baddy even the antagonist? Not really.

    >_>

    So........


  9. #8
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Well the chapter isn't out yet so I'm just going to assume that's true......
    Text spoilers with pictures are always 100% true. If you think Kaneki didn't defeat her, read it again, because it's pretty obvious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Meh, TG is pretty much always OP-insta-kills and that's fine, but OEK isn't that important.
    They're not all OP insta-kills. You know that it took 3 years of Arima training to do this, yeah? If he hadn't had that, he would have lost.

    Also, she is important. She's the leader of Aogiri and with her getting destroyed, almost killed, when he isn't even using his Kakuja, what does that say for their organization? Noros dead, Eto is rendered useless in a 1v1 against him now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    That's highlighting my issue with TG right there. There is supposedly this big baddy and I'm fine with that, but is the big baddy even the antagonist? Not really.
    The antagonist is very much V. It's always been V, since the introduction/talk about them. We just haven't seen much about them. Obviously, we still have to mention/cover other things too.

    -The clowns
    -Aogiri's actual purpose
    -V
    -Arima

  10. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Text spoilers with pictures are always 100% true. If you think Kaneki didn't defeat her, read it again, because it's pretty obvious.
    It's not that I don't trust you, i just don't bother spoiling myself on chapters very often.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Also, she is important. She's the leader of Aogiri and with her getting destroyed, almost killed, when he isn't even using his Kakuja, what does that say for their organization? Noros dead, Eto is rendered useless in a 1v1 against him now.
    Well here's the thing. I've read Dorohedoro.

    There is a huge difference here in that Dorohedoro has two major factions with a hidden third that gets revealed. But the hidden is clearly the Antagonist when he shows up threatening all life.



    In TG, I don't see what's the point of V. They are supposed to represent a shadow organization for "balance" , but .......I still see no difference in them and Aogiri.


    I don't really care about the "shadow organizations" in TG. They are pointless.

    There are way too many of them, none of them have clear motives of any sort, and they just show up to be there.
    ----------------


    It just creates this huge problem for me: who am I rooting for?

    Kaneki? What's his motive? I'm still unclear because he used to be about "saving his friends" or w/e, but the plot doesn't seem to care and his friends are very few and quite irrelevant most of the time.

    The CC? They are just as "evil" as the ghouls, no real objective outside of "fight ghouls".
    The Ghouls? All they seem to do is fight CC, again, if either won I don't think I'd really care about the outcome because both sides just have this vague sense of organization to begin with.(constantly introducing characters, killing them off).

    The shadow organization? Why? They don't do anything. you can argue they "pull the strings" but for what?
    ----------------------------

    Honestly my biggest hope is that Tokyo Ghoul introduces vampires.

    They put a species above the two warring factions, above the shadow faction, and then that faction declares supremacy and chaos happens.



    Otherwise at the end of the day I can't say a conclusion of "head of X organization dies" is satisfying.


  11. #10
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    It's not that I don't trust you, i just don't bother spoiling myself on chapters very often.
    I've followed spoilers for a long time now. This particular set is legit, though it's not everything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    In TG, I don't see what's the point of V. They are supposed to represent a shadow organization for "balance" , but .......I still see no difference in them and Aogiri.
    Yes, V is the balance organization, that is what they're currently dubbed as. But again, what all do we know about V? We know that Yoshimura was involved with them, and that they wanted his daughter. That's it. For all we know, this is old news and they've changed.

    The difference between Aogiri and V is pretty hard to speak for right now, because we don't know everything about V. At the very least, we know what Eto, as the lead of Aogiri, desires.

    She's suicidal and longs for love. Ishida wrote a poem referring to this a little bit. "God' refers to Eto, while Kaneki is narrating.

     

    “The Sky Falls”

    I had a dream where the sky fell down.

    The bloodstains won’t come out, no matter how many times I pour warm water on them, they won’t come out.

    Only words begin to dissolve everything, and get stuck in the drain.

    And you become unable to forgive yourself, unforgiving.

    I had a dream.

    A failure of a God

    She laughed and squeezed my throat.

    It’s always like this.

    Only people dull to pain hurt me.

    She truly loved me,

    Only she didn’t know how to love.

    What a stupid God.

    My nerves grow strangely and pierce through my skin.

    All at once they sing out.

    Far away, someone laughs. Soon, it’s not even my voice any more.

    My brain becomes transparent, and there’s nothing I can’t see.

    On knowing the things you didn’t know, you die.

    I had a dream where the sky fell.

    A checkerboard sky.

    Squashed by it, I died.

    Yes, I wished for that.


    So what do we get out of this? Exclusing the references to Kaneki and how he wants to die, it's the perspective of Eto not knowing how to love. In this chapter that's obviously clear. She says she loves Kaneki because they're very similar and tries to kill him. She wants to die together with him, but not in the "growing old and having kids" sense. More like, "lets kill each other and die."


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I don't really care about the "shadow organizations" in TG. They are pointless.
    Only because we don't know what they're after. Say that after we've gotten a few more chapters on them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    There are way too many of them, none of them have clear motives of any sort, and they just show up to be there.
    Uhh, there's just V. And of course they don't have clear motives, we don't know what the hell they are. They're not introduced.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Kaneki? What's his motive? I'm still unclear because he used to be about "saving his friends" or w/e, but the plot doesn't seem to care and his friends are very few and quite irrelevant most of the time.
    His motive? It's changing. After he was tortured and saw two people die in front of him, he had the conscious of needing strength to protect so that never happens again. Touka was extremely hurt and in pain, all because they had to come rescue his weak ass.

    He's still about saving his friends, but in a different way. Him stabbing Shuu was to keep him out of the fight and not get killed. Had he still been a threat when the other CCG arrived on the roof, it's quite possible that he would have been KIA. Touka isn't very needed right now. She's already doing what she can. Since his memories weren't awaken'd when he saw her, all she could do was run :re and keep a home safe for his return. Not everyone needs to go suicide risk their life to bring him back.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    The CC? They are just as "evil" as the ghouls, no real objective outside of "fight ghouls".
    The Ghouls? All they seem to do is fight CC, again, if either won I don't think I'd really care about the outcome because both sides just have this vague sense of organization to begin with.(constantly introducing characters, killing them off).
    The CCG isn't evil. That's like calling the cops evil because they fight gangs. It doesn't make sense. They have a few sadist members(looking at you, Arima) but that doesn't make the entire organization evil. Have they done some fucked up things in order to fight against an enemy? Of course. They're using the kagune against them. Why wouldn't you? It works. They'd be stupid to not use it.

    As for the ghouls, you can't really group them up like that. If we just focus on Tokyo(remember, they're all throughout the world) we know of a few groups.

    -Aogiri
    -Anteiku
    -V
    -The clowns

    Who out of this group do we know to be "evil?" It's kind of hard for me to pin-point myself. I can't really say, "Aogiri is evil because they eat ghouls." This is just nature, dog eat dog, survival of the fittest. The series, however, has given us the sense that Anteiku is considered the "good" for ghouls, and Aogiri is considered the bad. Based off there actions, at least.

    As for V, we don't know anything to pin-point on friendly or evil. For now, it's a mystery. And the clowns, well, based off what we've seen, they're just there to have a nice laugh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Honestly my biggest hope is that Tokyo Ghoul introduces vampires.

    They put a species above the two warring factions, above the shadow faction, and then that faction declares supremacy and chaos happens
    This is retarded. Why would you want to introduce fucking vampires? You claim to want a group stronger than the ghouls and CCG, who are currently fighting, and want them to go in and fuck shit up as well? This would absolutely destroy the series and in no way would help them. If anything, what you want is two different groups of ghouls fighting (Hey, Aogiri and Anteiku. Maybe even throw in V later on??) and then the CCG fighting against them as well. You don't need a new god damn race.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Otherwise at the end of the day I can't say a conclusion of "head of X organization dies" is satisfying.
    Just let it pan out. Ishida isn't that much of a hack where he would make "ghouls beat CCG!". If anything, we'll see one group come together and fight another, ultimately leaving the said "balance." Kaneki since the start has wondered why ghouls and humans can't coexist and that he is the bridge between that. In all honesty, I could see something like him attempting to reason with V, since they are considered a balance between the two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Chapters out. http://readms.com/r/tokyo_ghoulre/56/3099/1

    Like I said, spoilers were true.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-05-2015 at 07:41 PM.

  12. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    -snip-
    K I'm just going to respond as a whole.

    My point with "V" is that they don't have any presence and I don't have anyone to root for because there really is no endgame yet.


    The reason I'd introduce vampires is because well, they are fucking ghouls. Ghouls are the generally the creation of vampires so that leaves a pretty good gap for an actual third party(not this V shit that has real presence).

    "Just let it pan out."

    Yeah, but we are on the second series and there still isn't an engame.


    I'm all fine with the edgy emo shit and the one-hit battles, but I need some substance.


    Otherwise It's just like Claymore and it's monster fights towards the end. I don't care about the outcome of 2 new/shallow characters killing each other.


  13. #12
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    K I'm just going to respond as a whole.

    My point with "V" is that they don't have any presence and I don't have anyone to root for because there really is no endgame yet.


    The reason I'd introduce vampires is because well, they are fucking ghouls. Ghouls are the generally the creation of vampires so that leaves a pretty good gap for an actual third party(not this V shit that has real presence).

    "Just let it pan out."

    Yeah, but we are on the second series and there still isn't an engame.


    I'm all fine with the edgy emo shit and the one-hit battles, but I need some substance.


    Otherwise It's just like Claymore and it's monster fights towards the end. I don't care about the outcome of 2 new/shallow characters killing each other.

    No, V doesn't have presence right now. Think to what we know about them. There goal was to eliminate the one eyed owl/king, which was Eto. When the possible word of "Kaneki/Haise has eliminated the OEK/OEO" gets out, what do you think they're going to do? I believe right about now the introduction to them is very possible.


    Just forget the whole vampire thing please. I can't even find a correct response to it. It's just stupid. You can't leave a group behind because they're not currently doing anything, even if it was for two series. They've just been untouched for obvious reasons.


    The end-game is unclear. He doesn't need to make it obvious. His writing in general is very subtle and attempts to be a "surprise" most times. That doesn't mean it's beyond guessing.



    I can't even consider Kaneki edgy anymore. He's gone through enough to be, rather, unfortunate. Maybe other characters is what you mean? And for substance it's fulfilling to see the battles pan out, but the Eto battle was a mere hype fight for his return. He still has to fight Arima and probably some people from V. They were Etos target, so I'm guessing she has information on them and he may be able to get it via Tatara or CCG research.

  14. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    No, V doesn't have presence right now. Think to what we know about them. There goal was to eliminate the one eyed owl/king, which was Eto. When the possible word of "Kaneki/Haise has eliminated the OEK/OEO" gets out, what do you think they're going to do? I believe right about now the introduction to them is very possible.
    I hardly care though. Again, shadow organizations are just not interesting in a show without a main focus.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    The end-game is unclear. He doesn't need to make it obvious. His writing in general is very subtle and attempts to be a "surprise" most times. That doesn't mean it's beyond guessing.
    The problem more or less is that the author backs himself into a corner by continuing with no direction, because he's eventually going to just drop in reader count due to his repetitive nature.

    It resembles Claymore, where the main badguys turned out to be this "shadow organization" and the last 50+ chapters were just this big monster battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I can't even consider Kaneki edgy anymore. He's gone through enough to be, rather, unfortunate. Maybe other characters is what you mean? And for substance it's fulfilling to see the battles pan out, but the Eto battle was a mere hype fight for his return. He still has to fight Arima and probably some people from V. They were Etos target, so I'm guessing she has information on them and he may be able to get it via Tatara or CCG research.
    You seem to not understand the problem here.

    Arima, the owl, who fucking cares.

    Arima has NO presence. Is he even behind anything? It seems as though he's just an "elite soldier".



    Feels more and more like TG is identical to Akame Ga Kill. No plot, kill the elite soldier.

    :/


  15. #14
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I hardly care though. Again, shadow organizations are just not interesting in a show without a main focus.
    Well when their goal as an organization was to get their hands on Eto, the OEK, and they realize he/she is dead(they don't know much about her) why wouldn't you care at this point? This is a big green flag saying "V, it's your time to shine."


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    The problem more or less is that the author backs himself into a corner by continuing with no direction, because he's eventually going to just drop in reader count due to his repetitive nature.
    I've noticed the repetitive nature, but at the same time a lot of it is parallels. Look at how Shirazu just went down, and how Takizawa went down. Exactly the same. [I have a picture, i'll update with the comparison in a bit]

    Also, Kaneki got his half-kakuja at chapter 100, and the next chapter is 200. If he follows the same line as he seems to, then we'll get full kakuja next chapter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Arima, the owl, who fucking cares.

    Arima has NO presence. Is he even behind anything? It seems as though he's just an "elite soldier".
    Is he even behind anything? He fucking stabbed Kaneki in his eye, possibly his brain, caused him to go through so much pain that his psyche completely changed and twisted his kagune into what it is now, and spent the following 3 years as "Haise" a CCG investigator, who was[is?] a mentor of the Qs.

    He's played a huge role. He's single-handedly the cause of why we got Haise.


    As for the owl, again, I'm not sure why you're ignoring this. Vs entire goal was balance, and Aogiri was disrupting this. Gee, who is the leader of Aogiri? Oh right, Eto, the one Kaneki just sliced in half and is currently eating.


    I'm not entirely sure what you're after from Tokyo Ghoul. You can compare it to X manga and say "why aren't they handling the shadow organization like this" and I'll read the entire thing and tell you why.



    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Feels more and more like TG is identical to Akame Ga Kill. No plot, kill the elite soldier.
    "no."

  16. #15
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Well when their goal as an organization was to get their hands on Eto, the OEK, and they realize he/she is dead(they don't know much about her) why wouldn't you care at this point? This is a big green flag saying "V, it's your time to shine."
    :/ If you say so. It's again, not really a point where I find any interest of.

    Mentioning a shadow organization is ultimately pointless if they don't have presence, and we are 200 chapters in without one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I've noticed the repetitive nature, but at the same time a lot of it is parallels. Look at how Shirazu just went down, and how Takizawa went down. Exactly the same. [I have a picture, i'll update with the comparison in a bit]

    Also, Kaneki got his half-kakuja at chapter 100, and the next chapter is 200. If he follows the same line as he seems to, then we'll get full kakuja next chapter.
    Parrallels are meant for themes or tribute, not the same thing happening over and over. THAT is repetition.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    He's played a huge role. He's single-handedly the cause of why we got Haise.
    Yeah, the role of a soldier. Again, this is exactly like Esdeath from AGK. Not really seeing a reason to care about what Arima does because he's not established as villain but just as a "perfect soldier".

    Also nobody gives a fuck about the Q's. It's just some stupid ass filler group with no importance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    As for the owl, again, I'm not sure why you're ignoring this. Vs entire goal was balance, and Aogiri was disrupting this. Gee, who is the leader of Aogiri? Oh right, Eto, the one Kaneki just sliced in half and is currently eating. "
    V's entire goal seems to be fuck-all because they don't have any presence.

    Also she's not dead so w/e, more "this character got away" tropes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're after from Tokyo Ghoul. You can compare it to X manga and say "why aren't they handling the shadow organization like this" and I'll read the entire thing and tell you why.

    I'm after a decent story, I was pointing out how other manga have failed in the exact same way as TG.

    Specifically Claymore and AGK.


    Both of those fundamentally fail on the story aspect.

    >_>

    TG is really no different from the two. It's story seems to be a garbled mess and the author is just going to milk it until it runs dry then put out something to bring it back.
    Last edited by Empire; 12-06-2015 at 03:00 PM.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tokyo Ghoul Episode 6 Discussion
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
  2. Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 10:22 PM
  3. Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM
  4. Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM
  5. Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM